• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

WhiteGhost

The Arruvia Conspiracy - Winter is Coming

1 hour ago, WhiteGhost said:

However, I couldn't say "yeah, I totally am awesome" because.... and 2) who even says things like that.

Me :P

But it's liberating to say this if it's true. Try it ;)

• Like 3

On 10/12/2017 at 6:20 PM, sylph said:

Wow...

Literally my reaction.

On 10/13/2017 at 7:25 AM, WhiteGhost said:

* China's National People's Congress is happening next week (the meeting where the Premier is selected/re-selected and the Standing Committee gets reorganized, among other things) so they government has shut down all VPNs and proxy software so I can't access Google to find GIFs for the next couple of weeks.  Other sites like Giphy seem to be blocked as well :( 

And wow. (Though a lot less surprising)

The crabs though! <3 So cute!

• Like 1

On 10/13/2017 at 2:16 PM, deftona said:

But it's liberating to say this if it's true. Try it ;)

Thanks, but I think I will just stick with trying to do awesome things and my actions speak for themselves

7 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

And wow. (Though a lot less surprising)

Yeah, I saw an article on the BBC this evening talking about Xi's background and some of the things he is doing to control information flows here.  I was literally shocked that it wasn't blocked.  This article from the Wall Street Journal is blocked (I can't access it, I can only copy the URL)

I was going to do abs last night, but was completely unable to access Youtube, so I gave up.  I was then going to do my stretching, but had to run to the store because we ran out of breakfast stuff I found an excuse not to.

This morning I took Ghostlet to football practice and while I was there did a bunch of mobility stuff and handstands while he practiced, and then spent the last 30 minutes actually doing some stretching.  While I was doing that I made some interesting observations on how I could make stretching work for me, which I am thinking about making the focus of next challenge.  

No Harry Potter reading happened today because I spent all afternoon and evening in meetings

Challenge wrap up will come tomorrow (which is my rest day anyway)

Well, another challenge come and gone.  Let's take an accounting of where things stand

Mission 1: Winter is Coming - The Muscle Up

This one started out strong, and I think for the most part I did reasonably well .  However, Winter is here (for the most part) and I have not yet achieved the elusive Muscle Up.  I admit, I really wanted to get it this challenge for a very poor reason - @SymphonicDan suggested I may not be as close as I thought I was and I really wanted to prove him wrong. :D A personality flaw trait I have is that I am extremely motivated to do things that people say I can't.  I learned Russian (eventually getting a translator certification) just because my high school French teacher said he tried to learn Russian and said it was impossible :D:D:D Anyway, in this case it turns out that Dan was right so I will be attacking this from a different angle over the winter, so that I will be much better prepared when Spring rolls around.  I still consider this successful because I stuck with it worked hard, regardless of the outcome.

Mission 2: Water Dancing - Focused Flexibility

This started out strong but quickly went off the rails.  I stopped stretching when I went on holiday and just never came back to it.  Luckily, I had a few things come together which have renewed my interest in stretching, so it will be the primary focus for my next challenge

Mission 3: The Mountain with Legs - Single Leg Workouts

Very happy with this.  My original expectation was that I would just be doing some warm up exercises to get me ready to start on Pistol Squat progressions over the winter, but I ended up getting though a good part of the progressions.  I would like to say that I think I am pretty close, but I don't want a certain person to come in and suggest I may not be as close as I think, which may accidentally cause me to throw my priorities off kilter :P   I will say instead that I am much further along than I thought, and will continue to work these over the winter.

Mission 4: No Children in the Citadel - Reading with Ghostlet

This one was an out-of-the-ball-park grand-slam!  My upside case for this was that he would pay attention while I read and enjoy the story.  I had no idea he would get so engrossed in the story that he starts pretending to play quidditch and drawing pictures of Hogwarts for his art class at school.  He will even gladly put down his phone or game if I offer to read more to him :) I think I will not need to continue this as a challenge item, but the reading will certainly continue.  A big thanks to everyone who suggested reading ideas, I now have a long list of books to read him when we finish with Harry Potter :) 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I would like to say that I think I am pretty close, but I don't want a certain person to come in and suggest I may not be as close as I think

Haha maybe that's exactly what you need. :P  

Great challenge!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Great challenge!

I was just gong to say this. Congrats on a successful challenge! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Great challenge!

2 hours ago, Red1263 said:

I was just gong to say this. Congrats on a successful challenge! 

It may very well be, just not right now :) 

Only just caught up on your exploits, after about a month! Clearly I need to learn more about time management while travelling...

Shame the muscle-up is still eluding you after all this time, but you seem more prepared than ever to attack it! Also lol that you were partly trying to prove me wrong :D I wanted you to manage it at least once, as it would give me more hope too. I'm looking forward to having a pull-up bar nearby so I can get back into training for this...

• Like 1