• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

jonfirestar

Jon Firestar: The Spartan defeats the Beast

On 10/14/2017 at 2:06 PM, jonfirestar said:

Moving forward here are the things I need to think about in the coming challenge:

I have two races! One at the end of week 0 and one at the end of week 3. They are going to be fun and I'm trying to keep them light and fun as not to wipe myself out. An OCR in November is going to be interesting to say the least :P I'm hoping the unseasonably warm weather holds up!

I turn 35 November 9th and, to continue wasting the rest of my PTO, I've got a ton of time off work. 

I really want to restart my training in earnest and need to finalise my new workout plans. 

I have to get my food under control and will stop beating the dead horse and start making changes to fix the problem. 

Great job on the Spartan!

Happy to hear you have some more races lined up, and are thinking through the OCR-specific training. Regarding the food stuff, you've figured this out before. You can get yourself back on track.

• Like 1

Just now, jonfirestar said:

I turn 35 November 9th and, to continue wasting the rest of my PTO, I've got a ton of time off work

You and my niece, Jacqueline, have the same birthday and are the same age! :D 

You could always geek out and get one of these. You'll wake up to fresh brewing coffee (or tea), a good motivator for sitting up and drinking it.

5de3b37be3cb5c48f4cdb5b6ccb9c0bb_original.JPG?w=680&fit=max&v=1463608338&auto=format&q=92&s=ae6ddf704015b9e643a2791788c84097
This... wow... I'm not a coffee person... but for this I might learn to be...

I love the smell of coffee, not so the taste.

---

"Travel lightly, for what you bring with you becomes part of your landscape." -Anne Bishop