Odinson Goes back to School (Challenge 3)

Odinson

Image result for rainier wolfcastle quotes

Max 100 Points = 80 or less £30 donation to PETA 81 points or more new gym trainers

Str + 1 (10/15 Points) 

Complete sixteen workouts over the course of challenge can be bodyweight or gym depending on my current situation/location

Should be straight forward got a lot on my plate at the moment however I have noticed I deal with things better if I have been working out

Dex + 1 (10/15 Points)

Complete warm up and cool down every workout

Simple helps combat DOMs and also increases my flexibility

Con + 1 (7.5/10 Points)

Increase my treadmill run by 30 seconds each week of the challenge to achieve 12 mins

Signed up to a Tough Mudder next year so need to start working on my running

Int + 1 (10/10 Points)

Read one ‘simple’ biochemistry or pharmacology book this challenge

Need to refresh on what I will be teaching after yule

Wis + 1 (2.5/10 Points)

Start reading ‘Meditations’ Marcus Aurelius

Flexing my deep thinking muscles as I believe they have been gathering a little dust recently

Cha + 1 (5/10 Points)

Commit to at least two social activities this month 

D&D doesn’t count! Can be drinks; cinema, meal out as long as I am physically spending time with people in a none work capacity face to face

Ranger Skills Bag of Holding (10/10 Points)

Must accomplish four of the following within the challenge (Only counts each activity Twice)

Shooting - Hiking - Camping - Swimming - Climbing - Bushcraft - Running -  Cooking (NEW Recipe )- Activity i.e. Travel

Domestic Ranger Skills Bag of Holding (10/10 Points)

Must accomplish two of the following within the challenge

Prep yard for autumn - Decorate Bedroom - Clear Garage - Clear Office - E-bay Junk - Damp-proof Bathroom

Nerd Skills Bag of Holding (5/10 Points) 

Must accomplish four of the following within the challenge (Each activity can be complete multiple times)

Paint five models - Prep for RPG(1) - Play 40k - Attend Club - Play Board Game(1)

Gonna start this challenge early as I also want to join in on the mini this month. Str/Dex/Con The physical side of my challenges are simple and cover the bulk of what I want to achieve this time round. Int/Wis are relatively straight forward I read so much I just have to focus on retention and what I am reading. Cha is simply doing to social events this month to get me some face time with real life people.

Thanks to Xena I think with the Grab bag idea that has helped me to group some related activities together and assigning some xp points in order to not over face myself this month.

This month is going to be incredibly busy as I have to finish working at my current employment and then start gearing up to start my new teaching job; this will require me to attend College again and obtain a teaching qualification so time management is the aim of the game here!

• Like 3

Level 1 Wasteland Ranger

Challenges 1 2 3

STR-0.5 DEX-1.5 CON-1 INT-2 WIS-1 CHA-1

'What we think we become' Buddha

Following again!

• Like 1

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

I like the grab bag of holding for bonus points. Possibly stealing borrowing for my challenge.

• Like 2

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 11   Charisma 14   Strength 18  Constitution-13

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Stressful work day told my boss I'm handing my notice in, didn't go down well. Explained the situation 'it's not you it's me' scenario, seemed to be tension with my team for the rest of the day. 

Got home painted, cooked, prepared lunches for the next few days and had a glass of wine. 

Not looking forward to work tomorrow now, however I am going to the gym straight after so I can burn off the negative thoughts. 

• Like 1

Level 1 Wasteland Ranger

Challenges 1 2 3

1 hour ago, Odinson said:

Stressful work day told my boss I'm handing my notice in, didn't go down well. Explained the situation 'it's not you it's me' scenario, seemed to be tension with my team for the rest of the day. 

Too bad. Your boss blew an opportunity to be professional and understanding. Maybe he/she will be more supportive after having a little time to digest the news.

1 hour ago, Odinson said:

I am going to the gym straight after so I can burn off the negative thoughts

I've heard this called "iron therapy" and "talking to iron"

• Like 1

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

On 9/11/2017 at 11:38 PM, Odinson said:

I don't understand what people expect to gain with that kind of reaction? Anyway using the gym to go and burn away the negativity works wonders.

• Like 1

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

On 9/12/2017 at 1:17 AM, Xena said:

Too bad. Your boss blew an opportunity to be professional and understanding. Maybe he/she will be more supportive after having a little time to digest the news.

I've heard this called "iron therapy" and "talking to iron"

I know it struck me as completely unprofessional; I have found out since however that it is because there friend applied (in the same team) and didn't get the job hence the tension in the team. The gym really did help I have heard a lot of people call lifting 'therapy' and I have to agree with them its the only time/activity where I focus 100% on what i am doing at that moment in time and nothing else.

• Like 2

Level 1 Wasteland Ranger

Challenges 1 2 3

On 9/13/2017 at 9:53 AM, jonfirestar said:

I don't understand what people expect to gain with that kind of reaction? Anyway using the gym to go and burn away the negativity works wonders.

I tried to rise above it though left them too it took the moral high ground. Bought a round of coffees for the team which was funny because they didn't know how to react! These are grown adults but sometimes I feel like the workplace is just as bad as high school.

• Like 4

Level 1 Wasteland Ranger

Challenges 1 2 3

This week so far!!!!

I have managed two work outs at the gym and I have approached a personal trainer to start going through some of the big compound lifts; I am worried about trying deadlift unsupervised. So they are going to get back to me in a week or so with a time slot. 

Went to a gig in Manchester to see 'American Head Charge' counts as one of my goals because I went with my best friend but we got talking to a bunch of complete strangers after the gig. I ended up being his 'Wing man' talking to the friends of a girl he was 'chatting up'. It work he got her number and I got to talk to some lovely people from Liverpool. We also spent a good half hour talking to the bands which was really cool.

I have been talked into doing the 'Park Run' on Saturday with my friend so that should fun! 

• Like 3

Level 1 Wasteland Ranger

Challenges 1 2 3

19 minutes ago, Odinson said:

These are grown adults but sometimes I feel like the workplace is just as bad as high school.

Oh it's absolutely as bad as high school. There have been many occasions where I feel like I'm stuck in a room full of children

Your night in Manchester sounds like it was a lot of fun!

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Salinger said:

Hey you were in Manchester and didnt give me a shout?!! 

I feel terrible now! We try to go to as many gigs as possible will give you a shout the next time we are in the big city!!! 

4 minutes ago, jonfirestar said:

Oh it's absolutely as bad as high school. There have been many occasions where I feel like I'm stuck in a room full of children

Your night in Manchester sounds like it was a lot of fun!

The worse part of it is that I am the youngest member of the team and I seem to be the most rational! 

It was really great! However I did over indulge; Carlsburg & kebabs. The bands were really friendly Swedish, Australian and America plus the girls from Liverpool a lot of accents going on Wednesday night.

• Like 2

Level 1 Wasteland Ranger

Challenges 1 2 3

Week 0 Warp UP

Managed to get a few workouts in the week; each with warm up and cool down. Due to the week one challenge I’m going to integrate some HIIT to meet the requirements of the mini challenge.

Was meant to be going to the park run on Saturday morning however the person I was going with had a family emergency so I couldn’t attend, I did however set up my bench and weights at home in the garage.

Started cold showers in a morning to try build-up some mental and physical fortitude; must say I am impressed with the energy boost in a morning however my cat doesn’t appreciate my wimpish screams!  

Socially I have been pretty active; went to a gig on Wednesday and also played Catan with a new local board game group on Sunday night. This is however after being shut in the house from Friday afternoon onwards!

This however did have a flip side house is immaculate; office is reorganised in preparation for my course & job and I also managed to play a ton of XCOM 2.

• Like 3

Level 1 Wasteland Ranger

Challenges 1 2 3

9 minutes ago, Odinson said:

Started cold showers in a morning to try build-up some mental and physical fortitude; must say I am impressed with the energy boost in a morning however my cat doesn’t appreciate my wimpish screams!  

I've found I've stopped screaming recently :D Once I got used to the shock in the morning but the feeling you get from it makes it worth it!

• Like 1

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

On ‎18‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 11:41 AM, jonfirestar said:

I've found I've stopped screaming recently :D Once I got used to the shock in the morning but the feeling you get from it makes it worth it!

Haha I got a few more days to go and on the Sunday I have a agreed to do a total submersion ice bath. But I am noticing my increased energy and focus in a morning.

On ‎18‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 4:05 PM, Salinger said:

Doing great Odinson, we must have a photo of your home gym! :)

Cheers as asked for the dilapidated totally free from a guy at work home gym!

37143393846_9700578a08.jpgDSC_1157[506] by Sean Hamilton, on Flickr

Not much equipment and no electric yet but its a work in progress. Also inspired by the pics of your healthy food I decided to take a snap of my shopping today.

37143395276_9485184483.jpgDSC_1153 by Sean Hamilton, on Flickr

Any suggestions what I can make with this lot let me know! My got to recipes are getting a little stale. I did however make nearly a 1kg tub of trail mix out of a load of nuts; seeds ad dried fruit I had kicking around in my cupboard.

37143394426_4173bff5df.jpgDSC_1154 by Sean Hamilton, on Flickr

Last pic on this post I promise. I have just begun journaling as a way of keeping my thoughts under control; I have a very shotgun approach to life going off in a million tangents and often lose track of myself when I get sucked into the whirlwind. So to keep myself anchored I have gone old school as an attempt to regain and retain some focus into my thoughts and therefore 'hopefully' my life in general.

Also sorry for the pic heavy post!!!

EDIT = Hope they work now!

• Like 3

Level 1 Wasteland Ranger

Challenges 1 2 3

5 hours ago, Xena said:

Fried rice? Use the rice, and egg and some spinach, mushroom and onion. If you add a tiny bit of sesame oil at the end it's even more delicious.

Great idea that's tonights meal sorted out. Thanks 

• Like 1

Level 1 Wasteland Ranger

Challenges 1 2 3

I love photos, thanks for sharing! I do cold showers occasionally, I do like the energy boost and the fortitude it develops. One time I'm going to have to do it as a challenge if I want to make it a regular habit.

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 11   Charisma 14   Strength 18  Constitution-13

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien