• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LadyShello

LadyShello is Wonder Woman: The Mjolnir Challenge

5 hours ago, LadyShello said:

Maybe I could just steal Christmas and then give it back to make my heart bigger?   

I'll help you. I don't like to run either ;) 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LadyShello said:

That article was a pretty good read though.  I do have that tire ready for pulling but I haven't made any rigging for it.  I like rucking but I don't think any of the training I've done so far with rucking would have prepared me for the HR terrain.

Gonna chip in too :D from my experience, nothing will prepare you for the terrain you find at one of these races but you will do a heck of a lot better if you have the aerobic endurance to do the distance in the first place. Even if you don't want to do running, although I agree with @Rab397, the first couple of months are the worst and once you get your legs under you it becomes fun. Just rucking the distance on the most difficult terrain you can find will do the world of good when you are in the race.

While you may not be able to specifically train for slogging through knee deep mud. You can develop a better aerobic engine and you can develop strength endurance in your legs both of which will enable to to tackle that terrain better.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Terah said:

I'll help you. I don't like to run either ;) 

Let's do it! 

image.jpeg.bcd3e0bb7880bd66f527ba20296523fa.jpeg

3 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

Gonna chip in too :D from my experience, nothing will prepare you for the terrain you find at one of these races but you will do a heck of a lot better if you have the anaerobic endurance to do the distance in the first place. Even if you don't want to do running, although I agree with @Rab397, the first couple of months are the worst and once you get your legs under you it becomes fun. Just rucking the distance on the most difficult terrain you can find will do the world of good when you are in the race.

While you may not be able to specifically train for slogging through knee deep mud. You can develop a better aerobic engine and you can develop strength endurance in your legs both of which will enable to to tackle that terrain better.

More great ideas!  I could ruck some of the trails around here or some of the ones that Maigahane mentioned nearby.  And I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get back to running.  I did get to a place where I enjoyed it a couple years ago but then I stopped and have to start over again. 

• Like 1

Week 4 Day 4

My shoulder was a bit better yesterday - until I tweaked it this morning trying to hit the snooze button!  

Power - Rest Day

Grace - I almost skipped my walk since I was counting on LS going with me but then his back was bothering him just too much.  But then he adamantly wanted to get some pizza so I figured having pizza and skipping my walk was a bad combination.  I just walked the neighborhood, just under half an hour.  Not a lot, but something.   

Wisdom - There was a retirement party for someone at work.  I grabbed a lot of freggies but also probably too much cheese and crackers and they have the best egg rolls.  I thought I might skip dinner entirely or just put it off and have a small bowl of soup before bed.. but then pizza happened.  We opted for frozen instead of delivery to help out the pocketbook.  I ate a bit more than I needed and I'm totally counting the sauce as one of my freggies. 

Freggies - 5

Variances - 4/3

Wonder -  LS and I were in the middle of an AHS - Roanoke episode and Peach said she was bored.  She spends a lot of time in her room so we welcomed the company.  I tried offering some games put she was also kind of tired.  We started watching the new Beauty and the Beast (Which I had already see and didn't really care that much about) as she requested.  We watched until she was sleepy.  My kitty also demanded a lot of attention last night.  He has been having trouble jumping on the bed recently so he'll stand next to the bed and yell at you until you pick him up.  Then he continued to yell and be needy until he would get comfortable for a snuggle.  Then I just tried to not move or disturb him so he wouldn't start up again.  He did at least allow me to crochet a bit. 

• Like 7

I'm going to skip a write up for the last week since I wasn't really doing anything towards this challenge except recovery.  Let's just right into a challenge summary.

Power.  Pick up the Hammer! 

As far as I recall, I didn't miss any workouts, or at least made them up during the challenge.  I even managed to get some new PRs during the challenge.  I spent a lot of time training with the hammer.  It wasn't enough to prepare me for the hammerrace but the fact remains that I still did everything I set out to do for this goal.  +3 STR

Grace. Move!

I don't think I got in 3 walks a week but I did get out there each week and it no longer really felt like a chore.  That was really the purpose of this goal so I'm considering this one a success too.  +1 STA

Wisdom. Eat Smart! 

I am still struggling to work out the balance between the parts of Whole30 that I benefited from and eating sustainably.  I think I am heading in the right direction though.  I didn't follow my goal to the letter but I think that's OK.  +1 WIS

Wonder. Enjoy Life!

It has been more difficult to find time for me, my projects, my husband, and my family. But having this goal helped me keep itin focus.  Sometimes I have the time and don't spend it well or don't take the time appreciate the time I do have.  Having this goal helped in both of those areas.  +1 CHA

Overall, I feel really great about this challenge.  I think a lot of this has to do with my new challenge hype for the the challenge that's starting.  The main focus of this challenge was the HammerRace and not only did I survive the HammerRace but I'm taking the failures from the race to inspire change in the next challenge and hopefully beyond. I can't not see that as a success.  

• Like 8

Well done on a challenge that included some tough sections. I admire how you were able to push through. Looking forward to following your continued adventures in your new challenge :)