Marauder un-quantified

Marauder

I was honestly a bit on the fence about posting a challenge this time.  I've been hit or miss with updating and enthusiasm this past bit for various reasons.  Because of that there isn't a lot of activity on my challenge threads and, unfortunately, when my challenges are ghost towns I find it a bit de-motivating.  I'm my own worst enemy in so many ways.  LOL.  I am also in a pretty big state of shift right now and am not really sure about goals, so I will keep them broad.

3876710348a6673bb2a80a49d5ad36af--dog-pi

Nutrition:

I'm getting close to 49 and honestly I wish I had back all the time and energy I've put into micromanaging my food for the last... maybe 2 years?  For what?  I looked back at myfitnesspal which I've used on and off to track my weight since 2011.  Two years ago, my weight was exactly 2 pounds less than my current and with weight training, those 2 pounds could at least in part be due to increased lean muscle.  My weight has fluctuated about 14 pounds total since 2011, and my average weight during that time is about 4 pounds less than my current.  I am also more muscular now than I have been in those years so that accounts for maybe a couple of those pounds to more than a couple of those pounds.  WTF.  Really?  All that measuring, weighing, scanning, counting.  Oh to have back those minutes.  Needless to say, I'm done with tracking.  However...  I realize the importance of keeping my protein intake high, so I will be tracking protein in a general portion sense, and trying to get back to a more intuitive eating approach.  I will also be using good common sense eating and drinking guidelines, but I don't need to track that.

Goal:  4 solid portions of protein rich food per day.

Exercise:

I love weight training.  I will continue to track it simply because I need to enter my weights into my app to get my next wendler cycle all nicely measured out.  LOL.

I really really need to add in some HIIT though.  I didn't mind the rower workout I did, but I haven't done it again.  I would like to get up to twice a week for this, but for now, I will just try to establish a habit and set my goal for one HIIT workout per week, rower or other.  I'll keep up my daily walking, but I'm not going to track it proactively.  

Goal:  4 weight training and 1 HIIT workout per week

Health:

I'm in thyroid med/practitioner hell again and there's not much I can do about it for now.  My meds were changed again a few months ago when my still new and awesome doc retired suddenly and the new doc decided to change things up for no good f'ing reason after 6 months of good labs and feeling good.  Don't even get me started.  I've gained weight steadily (4 pounds in 4 months) since he switched me and just feel terrible.  He wouldn't order more labs until just this week.  Had them drawn Saturday and have to wait until 21st for a consult appointment.  So over it.  If it's not this med change, it's menopause and who knows what I can do about that. Perhaps nothing.

I've been taking additional vitamins and supplements since last challenge and I want to keep that up, so it will be part of the goal as well.

Goal:  Take daily vitamins and supplements.  Get thyroid med situation fixed or identify other culprits and work toward feeling better.

• Like 4

Rangering since Sept 2015

I feel you on difficulty posting, sometimes I find it a grind to post on my own thread.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Following because omg that dog meme!

• Like 1

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

Ughhh, I feel you. I'm really worn out too. I'm glad you're still posting though!

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 46

2021 challenges:  46 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

Mind if I come along for the ride?

• Like 1

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

18 hours ago, therealkat said:

*lurks and munches popcorn*

Hey there!!  Pass the popcorn *munch munch*

17 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I feel you on difficulty posting, sometimes I find it a grind to post on my own thread.

You have the opposite problem.  So much activity it gets overwhelming!  

15 hours ago, T2sarahconnor said:

I am here to follow you and bother you to post ( you can bother me to post too).  I am also along for the ride of no tracking and menopause watching. ( and because you are f'ing awesome)

Bother away, although you could never be a bother.  I will head out and find your challenge as soon as I'm done here.  Menopause watching is a bit like watching paint dry, but with tears.  LOL.

13 hours ago, Stribs said:

Following because omg that dog meme!

LOL.  I love me some doggies.  Here's a pic of my doggie.

20131221-_JBC4937-XL.jpg

12 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I thought you might move to the battle logs.

Tracking is the worst. It probably helped you figure more things out than just the protein though.

f6622e28c4ee7b89ca5385256f1a5ec0.jpg

I thought about it, but man my battle log is so outdated and talk about a ghost town!!  No one can find me over there (except you of course. ;) )  You posting a challenge?  or heading back to the log?

10 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

Ughhh, I feel you. I'm really worn out too. I'm glad you're still posting though!

Well I didn't MOVE.  Goodness girl, no idea how you keep up with it all!

3 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

Mind if I come along for the ride?

Absolutely delighted to have you along.  I shall seek out your challenge as well friend!

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, Marauder said:

LOL.  I love me some doggies.  Here's a pic of my doggie.

20131221-_JBC4937-XL.jpg

Wow, gorgeous pup, Marauder. Your picture taking skills are still legendary! Following!!

Wolf

• Like 2

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

This is the cutest puppy!!!!

• Like 1

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

She's the best!!!  We rescued her 9 years ago next Monday. We call that her birthday. She's probably about 10 now. I want her to live forever!

Just a quick update while I'm here...

Not eating like a complete idiot but also not doing so good on the necessary protein.  C'mon woman, you know what to do!  

Exercise has been good. I've done 2/4 lifting workouts this week. Will try to get in a HIIT tomorrow but we shall see. I haven't been feeling well this week.  My lifts were just so-so too. Probably that lack of protein. ;) I kid.  

Health. Taking vitamins is happening. Still waiting on lab results/appt. 

Our weather is finally starting to cool down a bit.  Today didn't even make it into the 90s.  I'm enjoying the (slightly) cooler air. 

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Marauder said:

Our weather is finally starting to cool down a bit.  Today didn't even make it into the 90s.  I'm enjoying the (slightly) cooler air. 

You should just come and live here. I think we only made it into the 90s once all summer :( Hope you are feeling better soon.

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

Y'all.  I am so amazingly thrilled this morning!!!

My lab numbers showed up in my online chart and my thyroid levels are SO WHACK!  I haven't seen them this bad since my thyroid was irradiated almost 14 years ago. That means it's not me losing my mind!  Unfortunately, I have to wait until my appointment on the 21st to get new meds, but I'm SO GLAD it's not just menopause.  I've been feeling so off and gaining weight despite doing all the same things. I've never been so happy to get terrible lab results.

0DeKv.gif

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

I'm so glad you figured out what the problem is.

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I'm so glad you figured out what the problem is.

39 minutes ago, Terra said:

Having an answer about what is going on is so valuable!!!  Sucks you have to wait another week to see the doctor...

Thanks you guys.  Its going to be a long week, but WOOT!

Also, ordering my new apple watch tomorrow.  Mine is the original and has been showing signs of imminent death.  I'm ready for some waterproof too.  

• Like 4

Great news that you've managed to figure out the problem!

• Like 1

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

19 hours ago, Marauder said:

She's the best!!!  We rescued her 9 years ago next Monday. We call that her birthday. She's probably about 10 now. I want her to live forever!

Wait, you mean our beloved pets don't live forever....... :( I will be a mess when I have to face this...

Just a quick update while I'm here...

Not eating like a complete idiot but also not doing so good on the necessary protein.  C'mon woman, you know what to do!  

I'm this way with veggies.  I never get enough in me.

Exercise has been good. I've done 2/4 lifting workouts this week. Will try to get in a HIIT tomorrow but we shall see. I haven't been feeling well this week.  My lifts were just so-so too. Probably that lack of protein. ;) I kid.  

Health. Taking vitamins is happening. Still waiting on lab results/appt. 

Wooo for workouts and weather!  Ours is finally cooling down too!

8 hours ago, Marauder said:

Y'all.  I am so amazingly thrilled this morning!!!

My lab numbers showed up in my online chart and my thyroid levels are SO WHACK!  I haven't seen them this bad since my thyroid was irradiated almost 14 years ago. That means it's not me losing my mind!  Unfortunately, I have to wait until my appointment on the 21st to get new meds, but I'm SO GLAD it's not just menopause.  I've been feeling so off and gaining weight despite doing all the same things. I've never been so happy to get terrible lab results.

So glad you got it figured out!  YAAAAAY!!!

13 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Is this the sweet spot in the SLC weather when you can do all the things?

Not all the things.  Still too early for snowboarding.

I lived in Idaho and Utah for about 6 years.  I'd move back in a heartbeat.

• Like 1

Level 45 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill