Marauder un-quantified

Marauder

16 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Is this the sweet spot in the SLC weather when you can do all the things?

Well, it's getting there.  I like it just a smidge cooler than right now, but things are moving in the right direction.  Maybe when my meds get changed I will have the energy to get out and do them with enthusiasm.  Even my walks are dragging along right now.

16 hours ago, Stribs said:

Wait, you mean our beloved pets don't live forever....... :( I will be a mess when I have to face this...

I'm this way with veggies.  I never get enough in me.

Wooo for workouts and weather!  Ours is finally cooling down too!

So glad you got it figured out!  YAAAAAY!!!

I'm gonna be such a mess.  I just can't even.  

I also struggle with veggies.  Honestly, it's pure laziness on my part.  Veggies just take more involved prep.  I could do better, but that's going to be for another time.  LOL

14 hours ago, T2sarahconnor said:

Glad those labs came back how you wanted. Now you can "I told you so" the new doctor. Beautiful dog too!

You bet your ass I'm going to.  Even though I know my labs are screwed up, I'm still finding myself preparing to argue my side.  When you have thyroid issues, most doctors tend to assume you want excessive meds just to lose weight and that you are really being lazy.  It's an aggravating stereotype to deal with.

2 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Not all the things.  Still too early for snowboarding.

I lived in Idaho and Utah for about 6 years.  I'd move back in a heartbeat.

Definitely not snow sports weather... yet.  Maybe next week. :D There is actually snow in the forecast for the High Uintas this week.  LOL.  Typical Utah.   

• Like 4

Rangering since Sept 2015

Ahh sorry to hear that! Get better soon!

• Like 1

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

Feel better!  It's about time for the crud to come around with the weather shift and all.

• Like 1

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

Human Bard: CON 2, WIS 5, INT 1, CHA 2

Current Challenge: Nova Levels Up (and maybe doesn't abandon a challenge...)

Happy to hear you are feeling better. 

• Like 1

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

6 hours ago, T2sarahconnor said:

I gotta go to Utah. Do you live anywhere around Arches National park? ( I think that is the name but to lazy to look it up)

Arches is about 4 hour drive south of us.  It's a beautiful area!  We've been there a lot.  In fact, the husband is considering a mountain bike trip down there next weekend.

• Like 1

Heh.  Just realized it's actually Week Zero, which is good, because I did crappy this week.  LOL.

Like any good ranger, I am going to take Week Zero and use it to change some of my challenge goals. :D 

Week Zero Update/Week One Plan:

Nutrition:

Goal:  Four three solid portions of protein rich food per day.

Well, not so good on this one for week 0.  I am going to change this goal just a bit and shoot for creating a better habit rather than going for the ideal of 4 portions.  I will change this goal to include a solid portion of protein at each meal, so 3 portions per day.  

This first week I'm planning on protein smoothies for breakfast, white chicken chili soup for lunches, and then whatever the family is having for dinner.  This week's menu includes Kalua pork (tacos and rice bowls) x3 nights, homemade pizza night with chicken and mushrooms, BLTs x2 nights.  BLTs aren't exactly protein rich, so I'll try to find something to add in there... maybe even some HaloTop.

Exercise:

Goal:  4 weight training and 1 HIIT workout per week  3 workouts per week, shooting for less strain/more recovery

I'm going to change focus here for a bit and switch things up.  Since Im really poorly medicated right now and experiencing ALOT more aches, pains, and sprains type things (this is common), I'm going to lay off the heavy weights for the remainder of this challenge.  I may bring them back towards the end if I'm feeling less achy.  Focus will be to do 3 workouts per week, a bit lighter in weight and strain and more of a HIIT style.  Walking will still be daily.

My husband has fairly chronic shoulder issues and a PT friends recommended Crossover Symmetry to him.  We looked into it and decided to rig up our own to our squat track downstairs.  I think this offers some really fun alternatives and enhancements to the lifting I've been doing.  I'd love to do some more back and arm specific stuff.  Excited to look into it more.

Health:

Goal:  Take daily vitamins and supplements.  Get thyroid med situation fixed or identify other culprits and work toward feeling better.

This one can stay as originally planned.  I didn't do too well with the vitamins when I was sick, but otherwise, this is going well.  The neon green/yellow pee is entertaining for sure.

Overall looking forward to next week:

• starting some new/different workouts 
  • having a plan in place for food so Im not just digging around aimlessly
  • getting that doctor visit in and my meds changed
  • my new (and excitingly bigger) apple watch should arrive next Friday
  • the game I play (GW2) has a big expansion releasing Friday 

Next week be like...  

opening-present-o.gif

• Like 3

Looks like a lot of us are adjusting, but whatever works, right!  Good luck this week with your new goals!!

• Like 1

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

That gif reminds me of when my family got our first game console.  Brand new Commodore 64.  It. was. awesome.

• Like 1

Level 48 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

So far this week has been good except I tried the metabolic workouts (which I paid for by the way) and they just sucked.  I am old enough to know that if it sucks that bad from the start, I'm just not going to do it...  So, I did my heavy lifts, but didn't push too hard on the AMRAP run.  I really don't want an injury, but I'm not going to spend 4 weeks doing half assed squats with 5 pound weights either.  

Walking is going well especially now that the weather is a bit cooler.  I had to get out my winter clothes.  Apparently no pleasant 70-something type fall here this year.  90s straight to 60s.  Boo.  I traded in my old watch/tracker and my new one doesn't arrive until Friday so guesstimating.  I keep checking my bare wrist for the time and weather and I missed nearly every text I received yesterday.  Clearly, I use my watch more than I realize.  

Food is going well and as planned.  The smoothie yesterday was very good... almond milk, frozen berries (blueberries and raspberries from last weeks farmers market), almond butter, and a scoop of toasted coconut protein powder.  White chicken chili for lunch.

• Like 2

Your dog is beautiful!

I'm here for the menopause and thyroid watch.  I hate to get into TMI land, but I've been feeling off a bit too, my anxiety has been high for no real reason, and I'm getting slightly wacky with womanly stuff.  Being a 40-something woman kind of sucks.  I hope you get your meds adjusted soon and can go back to feeling happy and healthy.  

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

A while back Mrs. Sloth was complaining about how hard menopause was. I agreed saying, "It was hard on all of us." She gave me a look that should have set my spider sense on fire. When she asked me to elaborate I told her that it was like she was PMSing for an entire year. In the end I had to to agree that she was fine, but I was a huge asshole for the entire year. [emoji4]

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

That sucks that you spent money on something you probably won't use!  Lame!!  Our weather keeps teasing us by going from hot to pleasant at random...I never know what t wear, ha.  Glad your food is going well!!! 

Whoa guys.  Sorry for the absence, but I've been trying to surface for air.  Got my meds changed without a problem.  The doc was great.  Then got hit with a nasty cold which has morphed into an ass kicker of a sinus infection and sore throat.  I've been walking around like a pure zombie for the last week.  It's been all I can do to just get kids off to school and myself showered and sort of fed.  I'm still fighting this off.  So wiped out.  Needless to say, no workouts, no walking, food barely.  Blech.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

:( sorry to hear you've been so sick. Hope you feel better soon.

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

Feeling any better?

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

19 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

Feeling any better?

Sadly no.  I’m afraid I’m not likely to get much done this challenge at this rate. It seems I now have a nasty case of bronchitis. This cold is the gift that keeps on giving. :(  Doc wants to wait for at least another week before treating it to see if it will resolve on its own.  For now I can barely fold a load of laundry without it starting a coughing fit. I’m still pretty short of breath. I usually do 2 laps at the park each morning and Wednesday I did maybe a quarter of that and had to rest.  

• Sad 4