• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rebel Pilot Gar

[Rebel Pilot Gar] Bring Me that Horizon

Two rough and late days at work in a row. Getting through it, but it's just busy. And one of my old projects isnt working all that great. 

Workouts and nutrition is kind of treading water/not really on track. Drawing I'm still doing alright with. Lol almost feels like venting. 

inktober2017__03___poison_by_garjansverdinktober2017__04___underwater_by_garjans

• Like 1

My goodness girl!  You are amazingly talented with the artses.

I'm all ....

giphy.gif

You're keeping your head above the water, so you're doing just fine!    Hope you get a break from the rough days soon!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Starpuck said:

My goodness girl!  You are amazingly talented with the artses.

I'm all ....

giphy.gif

You're keeping your head above the water, so you're doing just fine!    Hope you get a break from the rough days soon!

Aw thank you :) 

And thanks! It'll calm down a bit after next week (I hope!). Just focusing on baby steps for now and I know it'll get there (or I'll make a career change to a dog walker lol)

17 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Hope things are going well Rebel!  

Did you (of course you did) see the new trailer?  

CAN IT BE CHRISTMAS YET?

Hey Puck, thanks for checking in :) Work has been crazy - have a couple big presentations today but I'm feeling ready. (I also still have been mostly drawing. Missed 1 or 2 days but have been making them up - I'll post the backlog soon, I promise)

And yes I saw the new trailer! It was really good! (Although I honestly liked the teaser from a few months ago better - it had more X-Wings ;) )

And I dunno... when Carrie Fisher came on screen it was just... bittersweet? I don't know if that's the right word but it's sad thinking that this is her last movie.

On a happier note I am quite excited for the Porgs because they are adorable.

porg.gif?w=782

• Like 1

Yeah, and the emotion on her face in that clip really hit home; because it felt like how *we* feel knowing she is one with the force now.    But yeah, I am excited.   And on the fence with the Porgs hahaha.  We'll see.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2017 at 10:11 AM, Starpuck said:

Yeah, and the emotion on her face in that clip really hit home; because it felt like how *we* feel knowing she is one with the force now.    But yeah, I am excited.   And on the fence with the Porgs hahaha.  We'll see.

Haha yeah I don't quite get the porgs but they look kind of cute. We'll see - I can't wait until December :P 

This week was craziness. Though I guess overall it was okay. I really had limited brain cells outside of work so I focused on just making sure I was drinking enough water. Also tried on the fruits/veggie front but that has been a struggle lately.

I fell behind on Inktober (no drawings since Wednesday)

Here's the backlog of days 5-10 though:

inktober_05___long_by_garjansverd-dbqjxo

06___sword_by_garjansverd-dbqjy0a.jpg

inktober_07___shy_by_garjansverd-dbqjyc9

inktober_08___crooked_by_garjansverd-dbq

inktober_09___screech_by_garjansverd-dbq

inktober_10___gigantic_by_garjansverd-db

• Like 2

More Artstuffs! Still 1 day behind unless I finish today's drawing ("Mysterious") before I head to bed. Tomorrow will be halfway through the month of October, and I feel like I started strong but got knocked off the path a couple of times. Not that I'm going to take that as an excuse to give up, just some of the drawings have been lazier and based completely on references. 

In general I could use more practice drawing from imagination rather than just blatantly copying the refs.....

11 - Run

inktober_11___run_by_garjansverd-dbqpsx1

12 - Shattered

inktober_12___shattered_by_garjansverd-d

13 - Teeming (+ Kingdom Hearts fanart)

inktober_13___teeming_by_garjansverd-dbq

14 - Fierce (+ Star Wars fanart)

inktober_14___fierce_by_garjansverd-dbqp

• Like 1

End of Challenge Recap

Rule #1 - Keep it Simple 

• Clean up after yourself - dishes out of the sink, clothes off the floor, etc
  • Drink water, eat fruits and vegetables, avoid junk

Rule # 2 - Do what you promise

• Don't make a promise you don't intend to follow through on (work + life)
  • Follow up on the things you say you'll do - Ask for help when you need it, don't make excuses and don't ignore the issue

Rule # 3 - Have fun

• If you aren't having fun or learning something, why the hell are you doing it?
  • Avoid mindlessness / time wasting stuff

Rule 1 - Keep it Simple

So cleaning up after myself went okay. There were definitely days where the dishes piled up in the sink, but overall we rotated the laundry, kept on top of the dishes and I put my clothes somewhere other than the floor. I really do need to go through and get rid of shit, but in terms of keeping everything relatively under control we did pretty good. 

Drinking water has been good. Weeks 2 and 3 were spotty, but I rallied this past week and only had 2 days under 2 liters. The vegetables.... they've not been as strong. 2 days of 5 or more servings only this entire challenge. A lot of this has to do with "takeout choices" and the amount of times we have been ordering out recently rather than cooking something healthy at home. Next challenge will have a focus on getting the "5 a day" fruits and veg

giphy.webp

Rule 2 - Do what you promise

So at work, this has been working pretty well. Had a busy couple of weeks but I have been able to keep things pretty well under control. Boiling it all down to the simplicity of "doing what you promise" definitely helped me get tasks done that I would previously stress about. Mostly reaching out to people about project complexities - (aka asking for help) - before those complexities morph into actual problems. I still might spend a couple minutes staring at the item on the "to do" list, but I have been actually getting them done rather than "I'll get to that tomorrow"-ing

At home I haven't been doing as good of a job at this -- and that's kind of leading to stress building up. So I need to launch that discussion about how I'll need some support/help cooking and keeping stuff clean. And how that does not automatically mean we get take out since I am not putting forth effort to cook. Bit of pent up frustration there, which would be better to talk out sooner than explode later.

tumblr_nx7ubkXCKD1qkksz8o3_r1_500.gif

Rule 3 - Have Fun

Been trying to spend time Drawing (obviously), reading, planning/researching for another NaNoWriMo attempt next month, hiking with the doggo, etc.

I did ok with Week 1 of Elements, before dropping off the practice. Was putting all the crafty stuff as a priority over exercise, which isn't the best. Need to work on that balance. To be honest, I enjoyed Elements and can see it being really useful but the huge amount of time required (45 min minimum) just killed my entire evening. And I really wasn't enjoying that. Podracer (my new stationary bike) has been freaking awesome though. I haven't really been following a routine, just using it on days when I make time for it. Next challenge I'll work on more structure to cardio/mobility/strength practice. 

tumblr_oo64guAmUG1ugciaqo1_250.gif

• Like 1

Well done on the challenge girl!

And holy smokes, do I love your art!   <3 <3 /swoon!    You're really talented with it!

Looking forward to your next round!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Well done on the challenge girl!

And holy smokes, do I love your art!   <3 <3 /swoon!    You're really talented with it!

Looking forward to your next round!

Thanks for all of your support and encouragement! I really appreciate it. Looking forward to continuing to follow your quests also!!

(ps I'm most likely coming back to hang with the rangers for this next challenge :D)

• Like 1