Agnarr: Hi!...Remember me?

Agnarr

3 minutes ago, Xena said:

Sounds like crossfit is just a different beast with different goals. 

Most definetly. I haven't climbed a rope or performed a single toes-to-bar in months and I'm not sure I'd be able if I tried it tomorrow

• Like 1

Instagram/Facebook/Epic Quest

Previous Challenges: #1 | #2 | #3(Holiday Mini)| #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9|#10| #11| #12| #13 | #14

Current Challenge: Respawn

CF isn't just all over the place, it's very definition is about trying out new things, constantly shaking up the programming and being moderately good competent at everything. Of course if you drop that (and the gymnastics, and the cardio) in order to do a focused strength program, you'll hit PRs at a much faster pace.

P.S. Let us know if you survived the Krav Maga class

Lvl 58 Multitasker

18 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

CF isn't just all over the place, it's very definition is about trying out new things, constantly shaking up the programming and being moderately good competent at everything. Of course if you drop that (and the gymnastics, and the cardio) in order to do a focused strength program, you'll hit PRs at a much faster pace.

P.S. Let us know if you survived the Krav Maga class

Yeah... I miss CF awfully for those very things. The gymnastics, olympic lifts, medicine balls- it has Ranger written all over it. Of course nobody said that CrossFit is the best way to get strong, as well as powerlifting or bodybuilding are not efficient ways to enhance general athleticisim.

Gotta admit that strength gains are nice and the noticeable changes in my body are enough to keep me motivated despite the lack of crossfit-ness and the inicial gain in bodyfat I experienced

09/15/2017 - Friday Week 0

Krav Maga went a-okay. The class focused on defense in crowded places which called for simulations rather than drills so my legs did not suffer much. 

Bench day was good. Couldn't get the 8 reps with the prescribed weight, but I got a solid 6. Hit sort of a PR on the incline DB press: last bench workout I got a really grindy 8 reps with 20kg DBs and then my left side checked out and refused to lift the weight anymore, which forced me to use lighter dumbbells.

This time I was able to use the 20kg DBs not for one but for all the four sets. To me that's a win.

Nutriton it's been good so far. Tonight there will be beers and snacks but I must not relent "my body is a charriot for the smokless fire, if I fuel it let it be to fulfill my destiny". Or something like that

• Like 2

Previous Challenges: #1 | #2 | #3(Holiday Mini)| #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9|#10| #11| #12| #13 | #14

3 hours ago, Agnarr said:

Or something like that

Words to live by.

But seriously, a masterclass powerlifter (age 50+) that was next to me at a meet was reminiscing how everyone needs to do a two year stint in crossfit, then go back to whichever sport makes sense for them with a new appreciation for conditioning. Dunno if that helps. You're still you and you're making great progress.

• Like 4

Level 37 [Stonesong Gemwright]

19 hours ago, Laghail said:

Words to live by.

But seriously, a masterclass powerlifter (age 50+) that was next to me at a meet was reminiscing how everyone needs to do a two year stint in crossfit, then go back to whichever sport makes sense for them with a new appreciation for conditioning. Dunno if that helps. You're still you and you're making great progress.

Oddly enough, a 40-something years old bodybuilder I met at the gym told me pretty much the same thing but in regard to modern bodybuilders and generic gym bros

09/16/2017 - Saturday

The garden was starting to look like jungle so I mowed the lawn and got rid of some dead branches that were lying around. After that got my mace work in.

Ate half a ton of chicken and salad for lunch with a side of baked potatoes.

Tonight I'm going dancing with te GF and her friends to celebrate one of them is getting her degree. Not my thing really, but what can a Ranger do?

Oh, I forgot to tell you guys... while I was not active on the forums my GF graduated from college and is now a friggin' BIOCHEMIST!!!! B)

• Like 5

On 15/09/2017 at 8:53 AM, Agnarr said:

This is actual footage of me at the gym stairs:

PyGSwiA.gif

My legs are shut, Krav Maga is going to be a b*tch tonight...

Your gym has stairs :o that's cruelty at a new level!

My program is written so that you basically hit a PR every session, sometimes for weight and sometimes for volume (even if it is just 1.25kg heavier than last time). I find knowing that I'm getting better every session hugely motivating and it doesn't surprise me that you've been able to hit new PRs so often :)

• Like 1

Feminist Ranger (she/her)

Based in Melbourne, Australia

Current Challenge: Emerald Eagle refills her cup (January 2021)
Instagram: @emeraldeaglenf

“I wish you would thrash him. He deserves it." She looked back at him. "I will one day, sir. I'm getting tired of falling down.” - Alanna: The First Adventure

On 16/9/2017 at 8:43 PM, EmeraldEagle said:

My program is written so that you basically hit a PR every session, sometimes for weight and sometimes for volume (even if it is just 1.25kg heavier than last time). I find knowing that I'm getting better every session hugely motivating

What program is it?

On 16/9/2017 at 11:35 PM, maegs said:

You're back! 

You bet I am!

09/18/2017 - Monday Week 1

Deadlifts were fine. Didn't get to do my rack pulls because I had to go back to the office but the main lift went as prescribed.

I purchased an all-natural whey protein a few weeks ago. It has verifiable purity certifications from the national food regulation agency which is nice, but is flavorless and by that I mean watery milk flavor. Adding some coffee might make it more palatable.

• Like 3

On 18/9/2017 at 5:57 PM, Laghail said:

+1

23 hours ago, maegs said:

Yep! 

Or do coffee + milk for a protein latte (I do this with my chocolate and vanilla protein instead of starbucks haha)

Cold brewed coffee makes it even worse. I'll try instant coffee tomorrow and if that does not work I'll just keep on drinking it plain.

09/19/2017 - Tuesday Week 1

OHP went good. Had a rough time on chinups though,  but to bee fair my back was already sore from yesterdays Deadlifts. Met the goals I had set for this workout and after that I switched to lighter weights(especially on DB press) because as my muscles fatigued my left shoulder felt a little wobbly.

Lunch was as keto as it gets: Stake and eggs, because I had nothing else to pack for lunch at work . It was good for a change, but I missed the vegetables. I just relized I forgot to eat the hardboiled egg I pack for snacktime. Thank goodness I left it in the fridge at the office and not on my desk or something like that.

My sister bought an ukelele some time ago and, like many of her impulsive purchases, she used 3 times at the most. She asked me to sell it on the internet and I got a buyer, who was supposed to be an exchange student. Everybody told me that it was too dangerous to meet a stranger on a subway station and that, for all I knew, the "student" could be a 240lbs dude with a knife and on and on... Needless to say I got a little weary but showed up anyway. By the time I arrived at the meeting point my head was on a swivel, looking for the provervial "bad guy" but there she was;  this small, shy, super polite girl from North Carolina, wanting to buy an ukelele as her own birthday present because(local friends aside) she was all alone in a foreign country. She even tried to pay me more than agreed for making me go there instead of picking it up by my workplace or something, FFS!

Then I went home thinking to myself

giphy.gif

This goes to show how sometimes we city dwellers are so acustomed to assholes, thieves and scammers that we assume everybody is out there to get us. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Agnarr said:

This goes to show how sometimes we city dwellers are so acustomed to assholes, thieves and scammers that we assume everybody is out there to get us. 

Don't beat yourself up for thinking tactically. It's wise to be prepared.

• Like 2

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

On 9/13/2017 at 8:01 PM, Agnarr said:

I ran out of bacon for my breakfast,

oh. my god. I would just go back to bed, crying.

And at least you didn't beat the ukelele person. 

• Like 2

the year of living trippily

Final Boss, Part 2    Boss, Part 1  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

19 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Don't beat yourself up for thinking tactically. It's wise to be prepared.

I don't. But it certainly saddens me that it has to be like this these days 

10 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

oh. my god. I would just go back to bed, crying.

You heard the song. Boys don't cry (well, maybe a little when they run out of bacon)

8 hours ago, Laghail said:

Moreover, you should have tasered her, just to be sure. She's a city dweller, she understands.

sadly/luckly tasers are not legal to carry around these parts, or I might had :P

4 minutes ago, maegs said:

3c4c6b583fc12bf01a25d169dad3734a.jpg

Pepper spray on the other hand is perfectly legal... tumblr_o9ewxhBY1d1tzobkno1_400.gif

09/20/2017 - Wednesday Week 1

For my conditioning I did a 10' workout AMRAP

-15 KB swings to overhead

- ~20m KB farmer carries

- 9 burpees

Used 21kg kettlebells for both the swings and the farmer carries.

Did not make time for breakfast today. Big no no.  Without the eggwhites and bacon I'll be pressed to reach my protein goal.

• Like 4

09/21/2017 - Thursday Week 1

Skwaaat day. Reached the prescribed weight of 92.5kg, which is an all time PR.

I banged my knee pretty bad doing box jumps so I couldn't complete the fourth set of front squats. That also ment I had to skip KM because I could not walk without pain.

Rest, antiinflamatory pills and heat-cold cycles took care of the pain good enough to allow further training.

09/22/2017 - Friday Week 1

Bench was good. Weight goals were reached and my knee didn't get in the way too much.

Had pork and avocado for lunch. Dinner was beef and tortilla

• Like 4

If you can afford it, I highly recommend a knee brace. Doesn't have to be Rehband. I tweaked my knee this February and had to survive the Open, but got my set right after and it was so very helpful to the point that by now I can do workouts without braces again and started pushing for new PRs.

Don't think it can be used for KM tho. Do you use shin guards or something when training there?

Lvl 58 Multitasker

10 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

If you can afford it, I highly recommend a knee brace. Doesn't have to be Rehband. I tweaked my knee this February and had to survive the Open, but got my set right after and it was so very helpful to the point that by now I can do workouts without braces again and started pushing for new PRs.

Don't think it can be used for KM tho. Do you use shin guards or something when training there?

Luckly for me, the knee seems to be fine. It is still a bit sensitive and bruised on the outside, but I can walk normally. Squats have me a little worried though. My knee feels a bit stiff prefoming bodyweight squats. I'll procede with caution on Thursday untill I make sure it is safe to go heavy. 

09/25/2017 - Monday Week 2

Phase II: Enter 5x5

Deadlifts went fine. Reached the prescribed weight of 260# without issues. My grip is still the weakest point in my DLs as proven by the rack pulls which couldn't be finished because the bar just ripped off of my hand.

My nutrition has not been stellar this weekend, but it wasn't terrible either. 

• Like 2

On 9/20/2017 at 8:20 PM, maegs said:

Although I'm kinda tempted by the idea of an air horn... 

oh, this is genius self defense! Scare them witless but with no lasting injury.

[runs to air horn store]

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Queen of the Jungle

(part 2) (part 1)

On 9/22/2017 at 9:24 PM, Agnarr said:

Skwaaat day. Reached the prescribed weight of 92.5kg, which is an all time PR.

YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS

• Like 1

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Queen of the Jungle

(part 2) (part 1)

18 hours ago, Agnarr said:

Phase II: Enter 5x5

Deadlifts went fine. Reached the prescribed weight of 260# without issues. My grip is still the weakest point in my DLs as proven by the rack pulls which couldn't be finished because the bar just ripped off of my hand.

@MikeWazowski has been doing some grip work, with more to come. If you ask, he might share his notes with the class.

• Like 1

Level 37 [Stonesong Gemwright]