dressing like a proper gentleman

id like to say that i have a distinct style. i have a 1920s steam locomotive conductor chic fashion sense that im rather comfortable with for daily wear (not steampunk.. lets just get that out of the way early). i also have a collection of fancy man hats, ties, suits and masks. masks for every occasion. formal attire masks. evening smoking and whisky sipping masks. going out clubbing masks. frankly, im flush with masks

but i did something i always told myself i wouldnt do. i bought an ill fitting suit jacket (a really nice old man jacket in steely blue/grey. picture your grandfather, but also in a mask and a hat.. and also in a suit that doesn't fit him. whats up with your grandfather? that guy is weird). it was on a crazy deal. it was 109CAD down from 500. i couldnt pass it up. even if its clearly too small

so now its my goal.
my next 4week challenge im gonna call the "close that button" challenge, and im feeling better about this than every other challenge ive done on this site and elsewhere which was number based.

anyways. im curious if anyone else does this? im a solid 70% certain i didnt invent this tactic. so if you buy clothes that are too small, and far too pretty to pass up, uhh.... hey, hello. wanna post a picture of that dream outfit?

can you see that im not wearing pants in this picture? nnnnnope
can you see that my house is woefully under construction? YEP!
what am i pointing at?? you really gotta check out that wall. so dry.. and wally

anyways, i call this outfit my "ive never been to venice" ensemble. it goes well with my "ive never been to venice, but i inherited this mirror from someone who had" mirror

21558957_10155641458835768_4848422847885

• Like 3

Hmm, snappy dresser! I'm assuming the button now closes?!

On 12/09/2017 at 12:43 AM, Lord Pakku, the Unhinged said:

anyways. im curious if anyone else does this? im a solid 70% certain i didnt invent this tactic. so if you buy clothes that are too small, and far too pretty to pass up, uhh.... hey, hello. wanna post a picture of that dream outfit?

Maybe this is a girl thing, or a me thing, but in the past I've bought things slightly too small. Mostly I never got into them, but then I accidentally lost two stone and hurrah! I had things I could get into because my other crap was too big. But, on a deliberate note... I found a perfect dress the other day, which was sadly 1 or 2 sizes too small. Yes I can get in it, but I have to breathe in. Bought it anyway and... now I'm on this site trying to get into it! Gimme two months and I'll post a picture!

77xiqNT.gif