EricMN

What an amazing adventure!  You were literally being chased by doom and you kept going like a badass.  That's how you ranger. 

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

@Rooks and @The Most Loathed: There's been a mention in the past, but not sure if it was Eric's thread or the OCR Racers one. If I remember correctly, competitive racers get an indicator like a band or belt (sometimes two). Certain conditions such as failing an obstacle or not making it to a certain checkpoint in time causes them to lose that, plus they can always hand it over in order to skip an obstacle. I think past that point they're just racing to make it to the finish line and aren't eligible for podiums and such, but I'll leave the exact details to Eric, just wanted to shoot a quick answer while he recuperates.

• Like 1

Lvl 58 Multitasker

On 10/17/2017 at 4:55 PM, Maigahane said:

Woohoo! I was getting a bit worried that you took so long to update but you rocked it! And your jersey looks awesome on you

On 10/17/2017 at 5:33 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

That medal looks even better than last years. I'm so very proud of and happy for you.

My favorite line from the whole write-up! Can't wait to see what you do next year.

On 10/17/2017 at 8:02 PM, Sylvaa said:

There is still no reaction to your post that fully expresses how much I love your recap. Watching you work towards this has been such an amazing experience and I cannot wait to see how much further you get next year. Because I have so much faith that you will be better and stronger and even more amazing. 

On 10/17/2017 at 8:15 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

I read through this a couple of times trying to come up with a relevant comment, all I've got is 'wow'.

On 10/18/2017 at 3:54 AM, WhiteGhost said:

Awesome!

Sounds like it.  Next year make sure you get the 3k in as well :) 

On 10/18/2017 at 3:54 AM, DarK_RaideR said:

This was exciting to read, but once the rain came in and obstacles started getting shut behind you, it really kicked into a hollywood action film where you're running away from an explosion in the background. A ton of congratulations for qualifying, let alone doing and finishing the course. You sir, are an inspiration to us all. Get some rest, you've earned more than your fair share. I'll see you on the flip side in Sparta ;)

On 10/18/2017 at 10:04 AM, DrFeelgood said:

Wow!  Great write-up and awesome photos!  This isn't going to help me feel less intimidated by you next time we meet. ;)

You're a rock star. B)

On 10/18/2017 at 10:24 AM, LadyShello said:

What an amazing adventure!  You were literally being chased by doom and you kept going like a badass.  That's how you ranger. 

14 hours ago, Terra said:

What an epic adventure!!!  Thank you so much for letting us enjoy the ride.  I'm looking forward to seeing what you manage to do next

Thank you all so much. I can't wait to get started on next year.

On 10/18/2017 at 9:07 AM, Rooks said:

Epic re-cap sir. Well done on gutting it out and crushing it.

Forgive me ignorance in the question, but does losing your band mean you failed to complete an obstacle? And if so, what does that mean in terms of finishing?

On 10/18/2017 at 9:56 PM, The Most Loathed said:

Same question as Rooks.

Nice work. Really impressive course and work done on said course. 

On 10/19/2017 at 3:48 AM, DarK_RaideR said:

@Rooks and @The Most Loathed: There's been a mention in the past, but not sure if it was Eric's thread or the OCR Racers one. If I remember correctly, competitive racers get an indicator like a band or belt (sometimes two). Certain conditions such as failing an obstacle or not making it to a certain checkpoint in time causes them to lose that, plus they can always hand it over in order to skip an obstacle. I think past that point they're just racing to make it to the finish line and aren't eligible for podiums and such, but I'll leave the exact details to Eric, just wanted to shoot a quick answer while he recuperates.

This is accurate; for most race series, competitive/elite racers get wristbands at the start of the race and possession of that wristband at the end of the race signifies that the racer successfully completed all obstacles. If a racer cannot complete an obstacle - usually after unlimited tries - they surrender their band and are no longer eligible for the podium or other awards, but can complete the race and receive the finisher medal, tee shirt, banana, etc.

OCRWC requires ALL racers in ALL categories to wear the band and adhere to the same rules. They also assign time penalties for all failed obstacles. Chip time plus penalty time determines your final placement. At last check I was 117/123 in my age group and they may be assigning more penalties, although I don't know how they are tracking things after the rain started. Hopefully they will be lenient.

Thanks again for all y'all's support this year.

• Like 4

Rebel Scum Current Challenge