Hey Nerds, 

I just got back from a great trip where I spent a lot of time hanging out with friends. Coming back home, I'm feeling really lonely. For ~3wks/mo, I work from home. When my bf gets home from work, he's ready to chill and I'm like a dog that hasn't been let out all day. So I'm thinking that trying co-working would be an option. The issue is that I live in a small town where that isn't a thing. 

Have any of you tried co-working? Thoughts on starting co-working spaces or building co-working communities? At this point, I'm looking for someplace with wifi, a coffee pot, and casual/occasional human contact. 

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

I used to work in a co-working space in the UK, and it was great. 

Luckily, there was a really supportive community and lots of people got work from others in the co-working space, so it helped their businesses too. Its becoming very popular to start co-working spaces, and I've seeen some people just set up ' co-working days', where they find a local coffee shop or bar that has a space for working, everyone turns up and works together. the venue benefits from selling coffee, people benefit from networking (and just general interaction with other human - beans), and its pretty low risk. This could be a good idea for dipping your toe in? What kind of work do you do?

• Like 1

-Rebel-

4WC 2019 : 2.7.2

“Get a dream, hold on to it and shoot for the sky.” 

-- Dusty Rhodes

23 hours ago, Frost of the Gloaming said:

Have you tried looking on Craigslist?

That was suggested by someone in a local FB group. There are a few others in town who are interested. 

21 hours ago, Blethan said:

I've seeen some people just set up ' co-working days', where they find a local coffee shop or bar that has a space for working, everyone turns up and works together. the venue benefits from selling coffee, people benefit from networking (and just general interaction with other human - beans), and its pretty low risk. This could be a good idea for dipping your toe in? What kind of work do you do?

This sounds like a great place to start! None of the coffee shops in my immediate are have separate spaces that we could set up in; we'd essentially have to take over the shop. There is a community center, however, that has offered to maybe do a trial run if there's enough interest. 

• Like 1

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs