... Or at least I convinced myself I can.

Hi there!

I'm Blethan, and though I'm not new to NF (I was here once many moons ago, but I got very, very lost since then) I'm starting fresh.

A little about my goals is that generally I'm here to learn to become more happy and healthy. I can get easily intimidated, so a community of people with similar interests and goals suits me down to the ground! But generally, I want to work on my fitness (getting lean and strong), my mind (building a more positive attitude to life) and to chase my wild personal goals.

A bit about me, I am an animator/illustrator by trade, and I love my job, but have big dreams for my career going forward. I love all things crafty (drawing, painting, crochet are my go-to-guys, but I'lll pretty much have a go at anything). I love TV and films, particularly Sci-Fi and Dark Comedies, and I'm also a big wrestling fan; everything from WWE to local indie shows. Also I'm a sucker for a good RTS game, open-ended games and creative games, and also pretty much any game that is just beautifully made.

I've started a Battle Log (which can be found here) which you're more than welcome to read / reply to!

I'm looking forward to starting the next 4-week challenge soon, and I'm already prepped and raring to go.

So, what would be your top tips for newbies? What kinds of goals are you aiming for? And are there any there any other crochet-loving, wresting fanatics on the board (its a pretty odd combo I'll admit XD)?

TTFN,

Blethan.

• Like 2

-Rebel-

4WC 2019 : 2.7.2

“Get a dream, hold on to it and shoot for the sky.” 

-- Dusty Rhodes

Welcome semi newbie! Glad you are joining us for the upcoming challenge. :) 

On 9/12/2017 at 1:02 PM, Blethan said:

So, what would be your top tips for newbies? What kinds of goals are you aiming for? And are there any there any other crochet-loving, wresting fanatics on the board (its a pretty odd combo I'll admit XD)?

Explore the forums! Sometimes people get so lost in the challenges that they forget to enjoy the rest of the forums. Also, don't be scared to leave comments on other people's threads, in general, the rebels are pretty awesome people. :) 

I'm not a wrestling fan but I love crafting! I knit (horribly), crochet (horribly), paint (decently), and Bullet Journal (my heart out). 

GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

@Jonesy Hey! And thanks for the tip. I've been having a fair old browse and yeh, people seem pretty awesome! 

Just had to google bullet journal... that seems really interesting! Im constantly struggling with getting organised (I'll buy a notebook/diary/sticky notes but they usually get lost, or end of covered in doodle sof hotdogs...) and Im always finding that apps made for organisation are always missing "something". So I'll definitely be looking into that.

Cheers again!

• Like 1

-Rebel-

-- Dusty Rhodes

7 hours ago, Odinson said:

Welcome! Organisation is something I really struggle with too; I use OneNote and yellow sticky notes neither work lol

Sticky notes is a staple in work (I stick them to my screen so I don't forget what Im doing half way through the day) they do tend to fall of though... then they get stolen by the office dog, which is pretty funny!

-Rebel-

-- Dusty Rhodes

On 14/09/2017 at 7:55 PM, Jonesy said:

Welcome semi newbie! Glad you are joining us for the upcoming challenge. :) 

Explore the forums! Sometimes people get so lost in the challenges that they forget to enjoy the rest of the forums. Also, don't be scared to leave comments on other people's threads, in general, the rebels are pretty awesome people. :) 

I'm not a wrestling fan but I love crafting! I knit (horribly), crochet (horribly), paint (decently), and Bullet Journal (my heart out). 

You've created a monster... I can't stop with the bullet journal! 

• Like 1

-Rebel-

-- Dusty Rhodes

42 minutes ago, Blethan said:

You've created a monster... I can't stop with the bullet journal! 

I think this is my new passion in life. I've recruited at least 5 people to the way of the Bujo. 

GJM4E.gif

GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

Welcome back err hello I'm new.  Sounds like you have decided on some good changes and making commitments to them.  Keep it going and I loved Wrestleing too.  I used to watch the local stuff growing up in Florida, Ahh Dusty roads The American Dream and his Atomic Elbow!

TANSTAAFL!

TANSTAAFL!   

What is not gained through labor is paid for in pride!

STR 8/DEX 4/CON 6/INT 8/WIS 8/CHA 6

BATTLE LOG: GREG T and The Temple Of Fe

Greg T. Proclaims " To mediocrity and Beyond! 2018"

GregT MFP Food Diary

GregT's Spotify Lists

On 20/09/2017 at 8:47 AM, GregT. said:

Welcome back err hello I'm new.  Sounds like you have decided on some good changes and making commitments to them.  Keep it going and I loved Wrestleing too.  I used to watch the local stuff growing up in Florida, Ahh Dusty roads The American Dream and his Atomic Elbow!

TANSTAAFL!

I dressed up as Dusty at a festival last year! While my buddies were hogan, macho man and warrior! Everyone was like "who are you?" 

On 18/09/2017 at 10:43 PM, Jonesy said:

I think this is my new passion in life. I've recruited at least 5 people to the way of the Bujo. 

GJM4E.gif

Still going strong with the Bujo! Actually use it everyday. My fave form of tracking challenges! 

• Like 1

-Rebel-

-- Dusty Rhodes