On 10/24/2017 at 12:26 PM, Kishi said:

Would you say that the theme went with this?

I think I would have gotten 100 if it didn't end 30 seconds out. Haha

==========================================================================

Working that bad shoulder. Don't know if the pain is from connective tissue damage or just disuse. Hopefully by the end of the year I'll be back to my old ROM.

• Like 2

Getting back on that GB. Just finished F1, and I'm starting to go through F2. Groin pull (I suspect an adductor longus strain) from 6 months ago got worse with rest for some reason, so I'm going to try pushing through the discomfort and just strengthening it.

Shoulder is still unstable. Painful with sudden jerks, but can tolerate flexion and extension PVC holds at 1.5x shoulder-width with 5# for 10 seconds. I can also manage Pull-ups, Single Bar Dips, and 50 unbroken KB Snatches with 20#. I can probably start back on my Handstand work, but I'm afraid of the instability if I have to bail, so I'll give that a few more weeks. I think I'll work on really strengthening the low-level mobility elements like Table/Table Rocks, Xiaopengs, SL Windmills, J Curls, and Dislocates by gradually loading them.

I was also able to manage S&S the other day with 24kg for Swings and 16kg for Getups, so I'm getting there.

• Like 3
On 11/13/2017 at 9:41 AM, Kishi said:

Good. Glad to see that you're taking your time. I'm sure you don't need to hear it from a non-SFG, but do take your time. No sense in all this work if you just wind up getting hurt more/worse/again.

Thanks. Hey, I'm not that pretentious. All it really tells me is someone has a bit of cash and can do a Snatch test.

• Like 1

Finally finished F2 today. That Straddle Planche has been holding me back for a while now. I've been sporadic in my training with this skill for the past 6 years. I've been able to get it for a few seconds on a good day, but never really anything solid. I'm thinking I should hit that and the Free Handstand (which has also been a weakness) twice a week, while hitting the bare minimum once-a-week on the other skills.

I happen to teach my fitness classes on Wednesday. This day in particular, I'm expecting a bit of a turnout. It's going to be a long day, but after that it's 3 days all to myself.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Machete said:

Finally finished F2 today. That Straddle Planche has been holding me back for a while now. I've been sporadic in my training with this skill for the past 6 years. I've been able to get it for a few seconds on a good day, but never really anything solid. I'm thinking I should hit that and the Free Handstand (which has also been a weakness) twice a week, while hitting the bare minimum once-a-week on the other skills.

Saw GB was showing off Leo's progression on Straddle Planche the other day. So bad ass. Also, the fact you can manage that position even for a few seconds ANY days is truly amazing. 

7 hours ago, Kishi said:

I imagine you probably see an uptick tonight with a bunch of people trying to justify their excesses tomorrow. Burn 'em out! Soviet-style, of course. (That means playing the Soviet national anthem while they do KB swings until they die).

Not many showed up. Weird. But It was definitely easier to manage. I did smash them with some relatively low-skill unconventional movements. 10 minutes of sandbag Get-ups; 10 minutes of Bear Hug Walk, Bear Crawl, Farmer Walk; then 10 minutes of single KB C&J, which they were surprisingly able to pull off. Hit my other GB stuff after. Hollow Back Press will not be moving forward until I get this Handstand going.

5 hours ago, Rooks said:

Saw GB was showing off Leo's progression on Straddle Planche the other day. So bad ass. Also, the fact you can manage that position even for a few seconds ANY days is truly amazing. 

Yeah, I remember when we were starting and started our still-standing race to Manna. He is much more focused than I am and he's attended several seminars, but I have the physical build for it. I'm hoping I can pull an upset. He blows me out of the water with anything Handstand-related, but I have a solid Front Lever, which he has trouble with, and I think I have him on the Iron Cross.

• Like 2
On 11/23/2017 at 12:19 PM, Machete said:

Yeah, I remember when we were starting and started our still-standing race to Manna. He is much more focused than I am and he's attended several seminars, but I have the physical build for it. I'm hoping I can pull an upset. He blows me out of the water with anything Handstand-related, but I have a solid Front Lever, which he has trouble with, and I think I have him on the Iron Cross.

You guys are amazing.  

• Thanks 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

23 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Ah that's annoying. I'd suggest learning to bail on the other side but for me at least that'd be practically impossible! 

I'd probably much sooner be reincarnated as a left-handed person than be able to learn to switch.

13 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

You guys are amazing.  

Thanks. :)

• Like 1
On 11/24/2017 at 12:44 PM, Machete said:

I'd probably much sooner be reincarnated as a left-handed person than be able to learn to switch.

#lefthandedlivesmatter

• Like 1

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

5 hours ago, Urgan said:

#lefthandedlivesmatter

I always talk about not really belonging to any group but having a foot in every one, and the handedness is actually a great example, being cross-dominant. I write brush teeth with my left but write with my right. I shoot rifles with my left but pistols with my right. I box southpaw, but grapple orthodox. Just a whole lot of weird going on there.

• Like 3
22 hours ago, Machete said:

I always talk about not really belonging to any group but having a foot in every one, and the handedness is actually a great example, being cross-dominant. I write brush teeth with my left but write with my right. I shoot rifles with my left but pistols with my right. I box southpaw, but grapple orthodox. Just a whole lot of weird going on there.

I am almost completely right dominant, but I snowboard/skateboard goofy, fence lefthanded and favor my left hand doing handstands, cartwheels, macacos, etc..  No idea why

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

23 hours ago, Machete said:

1 hour ago, WhiteGhost said:

I am almost completely right dominant, but I snowboard/skateboard goofy, fence lefthanded and favor my left hand doing handstands, cartwheels, macacos, etc..  No idea why

I am lefthanded, but do some everyday things with my right and am distinctly terrible at Aikido techniques lefthanded. Bodies are weird, yo.

• Like 3

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

On 11/25/2017 at 5:00 PM, Urgan said:

#lefthandedlivesmatter

On 11/25/2017 at 10:39 PM, Machete said:

2 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

1 hour ago, Urgan said:

I am lefthanded, but do some everyday things with my right and am distinctly terrible at Aikido techniques lefthanded. Bodies are weird, yo.

DEVIL CHILDREN, ALL O' YE

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
4 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Ha I'm exactly the same. :D (Except for fencing maybe, I've never tried it.) For handstands/cartwheels I do know why though, it's because my splits are better on that side which means I can be lazier in the kick. 

• Like 2