On 11/26/2017 at 11:40 PM, Kishi said:

DEVIL CHILDREN, ALL O' YE

I know a Southpaw guy from another forum nicknamed "Sinister," derived from the sinistra, the Latin word for "left."

On 11/27/2017 at 2:03 AM, Mad Hatter said:

Ha I'm exactly the same. :D (Except for fencing maybe, I've never tried it.) For handstands/cartwheels I do know why though, it's because my splits are better on that side which means I can be lazier in the kick. 

I don't think I've met anyone with an equal left and right side  front split.

On 11/27/2017 at 9:19 AM, Urgan said:

Sheeeeeeeet we've been found out.

*changing name to Leftie Inquisition Thread

Not that it's necessary; being born left-handed is essentially playing the same game as everyone else (i.e. life) at an increased difficulty level, where you suffer HP and XP penalties and have lower resistance to spells and effects.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
12 minutes ago, Machete said:

I know a Southpaw guy from another forum nicknamed "Sinister," derived from the sinistra, the Latin word for "left."

My understanding is sinister is a negative term at least in part because back in the day of swords handshaking occupies the sword arm to complete the gesture. Lefties are not offering THEIR sword arm, so....

• Like 2

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

20 minutes ago, Urgan said:

My understanding is sinister is a negative term at least in part because back in the day of swords handshaking occupies the sword arm to complete the gesture. Lefties are not offering THEIR sword arm, so....

I also believe it is polite for Bushi to keep their swords by their right side, as a gesture that you do not intend to draw it quick;y. Which doesn't apply for those untrustworthy left-handers.

2 hours ago, Machete said:

I also believe it is polite for Bushi to keep their swords by their right side, as a gesture that you do not intend to draw it quick;y. Which doesn't apply for those untrustworthy left-handers.

Which is all fine and good until you realize I'd have no idea how to properly use a sword with a left hand dominant position any better than my other techniques. Some head start.

• Like 2

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

Shoulder is still unstable. Dislocates 2x shoulder-width still hurt in certain parts, and my body is reluctant to press heavy kettlebells. Deficit Handstand Push-ups don't seem to be a problem though. I've been invited to assist at an SFG certification on January, so I'll have to keep my Snatch game strong.

Hip adductors also still an issue. Currently strengthening with weighted Cossacks.

Kickboxing classes had a surge in attendance this week, and I'm easing into the Kids BJJ classes; that interferes with my own training. I'll have to figure something out. I'm [again] hearing a lot of these claims of wanting to be a pro fighter, and the willingness to say that they are "all-in" (which I don't think they understand the actual implications of). This is very frustrating to me. On one hand if I entertain every one of these clowns I'll end up [even more] disappointed on a daily basis. On the other hand if I lower my expectations of everyone, that 1 out of 100 may never get their shot. I have to figure out some kind of screening process for this.

• Like 2
On 12/3/2017 at 12:04 PM, Kishi said:

That seems really weird that you would be able to do deficit HSPUs and yet still have to deal with that instability. Guess it's one of those closed versus open kinetic chain things.

Exactly it I believe.

The 28 goes up now though, no problem. Did it on a Side Split after hearing Jon Engum on the Rdella Training Podcast. I'm going to see how many of the Flexible Steel 5 I can do this week.

• Like 3

This one was pretty easy. I've been doing this casually.

For the Gazelle, I didn;t seem to go as low as I wanted to, as I was constantly trying to keep tension in my legs.

The Split Up didn't look as good as I hoped. That leg kept trying to get away. Did some Litvinovs with a treadmill and 24kgs after.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Maybe easy for you, but it's still impressive! 

Holy crap that is impressive, all of it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

Final one was the Twisted Frog. No big deal. Even took it a bit further.

On 12/8/2017 at 6:31 AM, Mad Hatter said:

Maybe easy for you, but it's still impressive! 

As I was telling @Cataleya in the comments, I kind of feel bad for not really having had to work on and earn that skill (unlike the Front Splits, which demanded consistent practice). It's like being that kid we probably all knew who is proud of having rich parents. Haha

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
9 hours ago, Machete said:

As I was telling @Cataleya in the comments, I kind of feel bad for not really having had to work on and earn that skill (unlike the Front Splits, which demanded consistent practice). It's like being that kid we probably all knew who is proud of having rich parents. Haha

I'm sure your consistent work with other exercises has prepared you for those that feel easy/undeserved, as well! :)

• Like 2

-:*~ Journal ~*:-

Haven’t updated. Seemingly hectic two weeks, and I haven’t been able to get as much work in as I’d like. I’m trying out the “recommended” settings on GB, which hit up all the skills once a week, just to take the thinking out of it. I seem to be making significant progress with Handstands and Arch Rocks, and I’m re-patterning my hip with weighted Cossacks.

Opened up for morning Jiu-jitsu today and just did some solo drills. Tererê Pass variation, Over-under Pass, two Kneebars from Top Half and one from Bottom Half, and some flow Ninja Rolling once my brain could no longer respond. 

• Like 4

Missed Friday's GB. Upper Body was scheduled, and I just wasn't feeling it. HRV was kind of low Saturday, probably from the previous day's lack of sleep. Did a bit of Jiu-jitsu and some belt pull-ups for the Rope Climb skill. My right arm still has not caught up with hangs. Messed around with the nunckaku for a but and managed to not give myself stitches.

Drove up to GA to see my brother and his family on Sunday, so I packed some training stuff. Didn't really use it as much as I thought I would. I'm not surprised. Though I did get a quick recharge workout in on a stopover, right before slamming McDonald's chicken nuggets up my face. Feels good to wake the glutes up after sitting for a while. I dodn't do well with long(ish) drives.

Got back yesterday and went straight to work. Then hit up GB Core. I finally finished Arch Rock mastery, which admittedly took longer than it should have, like the Hollow Rocks. I guess I tend to procrastinate with anything that takes 60 sec. I may be coming down with a cold. I hope it's not too bad.

• Like 4

Was able to follow the program to some extent until Thursday. Middle Splits on Tuesday, Front Splits and Cossacks on Wednesday, then I only got to Planche Dips on Thursday. Opened up for Friday morning Open Mat and was able to roll and catch up with a friend of mine. For the night kickboxing class a female Pro K1 fighter from Japan jumped in, and I couldn't resist the opportunity to jump into the mix. Good day Friday, but I missed my bodyweight programming.

• Like 3