On 10/7/2019 at 6:09 PM, Kishi said:

Holy shit, that boy sounds like he could be a monster in the best way. He needs the Soviet style badly, or else some bloody football coach is gonna ruin him.

23 hours ago, Urgan said:

One foolproof way to determine if someone is a genetic freak is to put them on Soviet programming....

Or Chinese. I guess any Commie training will do.

I'm not too worried about it; he's not interested in any other sport at all besides jiu-jitsu. His sister also picked up kickboxing unnaturally quickly (and regularly pulls 250+), so the genetic materials are there.

On 10/7/2019 at 6:09 PM, Kishi said:

S&C stands for Self & Care. :D 

Image result for mind blown gif

• Like 2

I'm back. Just been wandering for a while; I can't seem to make a dent on the household chores so I end up doing nothing, which is obviously not the answer. Training has taken a back seat. Diet as well. This is probably contributing to my feeling like garbage, so I need to find a balance. Feeling disconnected from work as well, probably because I haven't trained with them since my rib injury. 

On the plus side, I've started unpacking the garage, after 8 long months. Haha. And I mailed-in my long-expired passport. Two wins this week already.

• Like 4

Gonna recommend a challenge to prevent the wandering, and literally one thing a day. Not all the things, not one of all the things, just one thing. House chores. One house chore a day. There will soon be other challenges for other stuff.

• Like 1

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

On 11/6/2019 at 4:50 PM, sarakingdom said:

Gonna recommend a challenge to prevent the wandering, and literally one thing a day. Not all the things, not one of all the things, just one thing. House chores. One house chore a day. There will soon be other challenges for other stuff.

One a day. Sounds reasonable.

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, Machete said:

One a day. Sounds reasonable.

Totally doable. It'll break the task-avoiding reaction, get some chores done, and keep you showing up rather than wandering. It is, IMO, Doing the Job That's in Front of You ™.

We're starting week 3. That's three more weeks to build up your do-one-thing habit before the next challenge. Come join us again. Monks need to practice sitting and doing their one thing. (Plus it's the holiday season, which is the best time of year to pitch in with stuff at home.)

• Like 2

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

So far I've managed to keep up with two regular things for the past week+: weighing-in every morning (which in turn keeps me from bingeing on stupid food), and keeping starting out each day by listing down 5 reasons why I'm going to succeed (which puts me in a pretty positive mindset and allows me to do productive things).

I hit an all-time high of 160+ lbs. which put me in the "obese" category. My HRV was at an all-time low, I was gassing out in jiu-jitsu, my joints were hurting, and I wasn't even as strong as 135-pound me. And when I sat and slumped down on the toilet I felt stomach rolls and remembered the exact point when body dysmorphia hit me at 9 years old.

I'm getting it together, one thing at a time. Next I will be back to reading every day, showering, walking the dogs, and cleaning-out the garage. I've found purpose; I just need to apply the pressure.

• Like 3
8 hours ago, Kishi said:

Well, best get to it, then. Life's not gonna tap out on its own. :D

It's been quite good so far. It's also starting to cool down in the mornings down here, so I figured I'd sign up for that Wim Hof thing that's been on my phone for 2 years now. It'll keep me accountable, it'll force me to exert mental toughness at least 5 times a week, and it'll get me to shower. All in one act--I might have found my 20-seconds of Courage action. I hate the cold. I've had hypothermia before. But I'm also a wimp, and every day I don't mentally challenge myself I become softer, both mentally and physically. F that.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Machete said:

It's been quite good so far. It's also starting co cool down in the mornings down here, so I figured I'd sign up for that Wim Hof thing that's been on my phone for 2 years now. It'll keep me accountable, it'll force me to exert mental toughness at least 5 times a week, and it'll get me to shower. All in one act--I might have found my 20-seconds of Courage action. I hate the cold. I've had hypothermia before. But I'm also a wimp, and every day I don't mentally challenge myself I become softer, both mentally and physically. F that.

Can confirm that the breathing at least has carryover to BJJ. If the opponent doesn't get a choke on me perfectly, it just feels like pressure now. You might get a similar effect?

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Kishi said:

Can confirm that the breathing at least has carryover to BJJ. If the opponent doesn't get a choke on me perfectly, it just feels like pressure now. You might get a similar effect?

Don't know, people mostly go for joint locks with me. I'm the notoriously-hard-to-choke guy in our gym. Haha

• Haha 1
19 hours ago, Machete said:

Don't know, people mostly go for joint locks with me. I'm the notoriously-hard-to-choke guy in our gym. Haha

I think this is a textbook definition of "dubious honor." 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

So, got some unfinished business in 2020...

LIST:

> Install drywall

> Install flooring

> Fix sprinkler pipe

> Comfortable Simple

> LLC report

> Unpack garage

> Set-up office

> Organize living room

> Hummer Tune-up (ASAP)

> Write Pressure Passing

> Write Bang Muay Thai

> Write John Danaher Instructionals

> CSCS CEUs

> Write Clinch King

> Write Saenchai Muay Thai

> Chop down the Myrtle

> Read Free+Style

> Read Overcoming Gravity

> Complete GMB Elements

> Complete GMB Floor 1

> Repair Screen

> Repair fence

> Plants

> Lawn

> Buy dining set

> Buy patio set

> Complete BioForce

> Take USA Gymnastics Courses

> Update Training log

> 1stPhorm Legionnaire Training

> Learn JavaScript

• Like 4

Sorry for the disappearance. I had another one of those phases. Life's a mess, but I'm coming up with a plan. I just joined the 1stPhorm Transphormation Challenge. I'm paying and I have a coach to keep me accountable. When I try to coach myself I tend to dick around, because I know that my coach is full of shit. So right now it's water, macro tracking, and daily workouts.

Both my gyms have closed, obviously. I didn't really put a lot into my online platform enough for it to be a reliable source of income. Wife is stressed-out, I'm planning for a long plague period, so I'm currently working on learning JavaScript and applying for a coding bootcamp.

• Like 4

Welp, I guess I didn't get that much done from my list. Not surprised. Rollover into this year then, in addition to some new house maintenance projects that must be done sooner rather than later.

I'm not thinking of it as self-sabotage; I'm thinking of this as re-starting my game completely at a different difficulty level with different starting stats. I'll break the quest down further as I proceed.

• Like 5

The Late 2021 To-do List:

Fitness:

• Timeless 36 kg
  • GMB F1

Finance:

• pay off 1 credit card
  • $2500 emergency fund

Family:

• accumulate 40 hours each (specifically) with the wife and the kid
  • fix the house
    • water heater
    • shower
    • install drywall
    • backyard sod, fence, gate
    • attic

Education:

• certifications
    • CompTIA A+
    • CompTIA Network+
    • CompTIA Security+
    • Cisco CCNA
  • Like 3

Hey! Great goals, especially the "accumulate time with family" one. I like that.

What is "Timeless 36kg"? Simple&Sinister untimed or something else?

I absolutely CAN run on caffeine and hatred. But only with a dash of milk.

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Not gonna Challenge anymore for now. I took Steve's words and started thinking in days and years. Challenges are just short-term distractions. 

#16 | #15 (Xmas mini) |  #14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

Other activities: Bike build

6 hours ago, aramis said:

Hey! Great goals, especially the "accumulate time with family" one. I like that.

What is "Timeless 36kg"? Simple&Sinister untimed or something else?

Yeah, I've been neglecting the them a lot, and I think they've been trying to reach out but I'm too caught up with myself to listen.

The new S&S standard is "Timeless Simple" which is untimed 100 swings and 10 get-ups with 32kg. I just want to do that with the next weight up.

• Like 2

Yeah, after a while one can start treating family as granted (at least this was a thing with me)... not a good way to go. I wish you strength to make good choices here :) 

21 minutes ago, Machete said:

The new S&S standard

I see. I think I prefer timed standard from first book though. Timing the workout puts me in more strength/endurance mode (esp. for the swings part). Also helps me to keep time in check/keeps me from using family time for training.

• Like 1

I absolutely CAN run on caffeine and hatred. But only with a dash of milk.

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Not gonna Challenge anymore for now. I took Steve's words and started thinking in days and years. Challenges are just short-term distractions. 

#16 | #15 (Xmas mini) |  #14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

Other activities: Bike build

On 3/15/2021 at 10:24 PM, Machete said:

The Late 2021 To-do List:

Fitness:

• Timeless 36 kg
  • GMB F1

Finance:

• pay off 1 credit card
  • $2500 emergency fund

Family:

• accumulate 40 hours each (specifically) with the wife and the kid
  • fix the house
    • water heater
    • shower
    • install drywall
    • backyard sod, fence, gate
    • attic

Education:

• certifications
    • CompTIA A+
    • CompTIA Network+
    • CompTIA Security+
    • Cisco CCNA

Midway through the year, and most of this has not been addressed. Damn. I guess I need to break these down into more steps.

I'm also adding jiu-jitsu here, because I'm trying to re-light the fire in something I used to enjoy doing, so I'm forcing myself to at least do one training session every day, and compete when I'm ready between September and December. 

Tasks:

• Jiu-jitsu daily
  • S&S 3 days a week
  • Do an IT module a day
  • Like 4

Big change of pace, I took a job and moved to WA. New apartment, new car, and a job that actually pays a salary--I'm actually feeling a bit optimistic. I'm going to have to set some appropriate goals and just live a minimalist lifestyle for as long as I can; maybe this is my chance to get my life back together.

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 2
1 hour ago, Machete said:

Big change of pace, I took a job and moved to WA. New apartment, new car, and a job that actually pays a salary--I'm actually feeling a bit optimistic. I'm going to have to set some appropriate goals and just live a minimalist lifestyle for as long as I can; maybe this is my chance to get my life back together.

That is a lot of change. I'll be here for support as needed.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

On 9/25/2021 at 4:22 PM, Machete said:

Huge changes! Very exciting.

• Like 1

On 9/25/2021 at 11:02 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

That is a lot of change. I'll be here for support as needed.

Thanks!

On 9/27/2021 at 3:28 PM, sarakingdom said:

Huge changes! Very exciting.

Indeed! Much excite!

• Like 1
On 9/26/2021 at 12:22 AM, Machete said:

Big change of pace

That is a big change, good luck with everything!

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11