• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

On 10/7/2019 at 6:09 PM, Kishi said:

Holy shit, that boy sounds like he could be a monster in the best way. He needs the Soviet style badly, or else some bloody football coach is gonna ruin him.

23 hours ago, Urgan said:

One foolproof way to determine if someone is a genetic freak is to put them on Soviet programming....

Or Chinese. I guess any Commie training will do.

I'm not too worried about it; he's not interested in any other sport at all besides jiu-jitsu. His sister also picked up kickboxing unnaturally quickly (and regularly pulls 250+), so the genetic materials are there.

On 10/7/2019 at 6:09 PM, Kishi said:

S&C stands for Self & Care. :D 

Image result for mind blown gif

• Like 2

I'm back. Just been wandering for a while; I can't seem to make a dent on the household chores so I end up doing nothing, which is obviously not the answer. Training has taken a back seat. Diet as well. This is probably contributing to my feeling like garbage, so I need to find a balance. Feeling disconnected from work as well, probably because I haven't trained with them since my rib injury. 

On the plus side, I've started unpacking the garage, after 8 long months. Haha. And I mailed-in my long-expired passport. Two wins this week already.

• Like 4

Gonna recommend a challenge to prevent the wandering, and literally one thing a day. Not all the things, not one of all the things, just one thing. House chores. One house chore a day. There will soon be other challenges for other stuff.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2019 at 4:50 PM, sarakingdom said:

Gonna recommend a challenge to prevent the wandering, and literally one thing a day. Not all the things, not one of all the things, just one thing. House chores. One house chore a day. There will soon be other challenges for other stuff.

One a day. Sounds reasonable.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Machete said:

One a day. Sounds reasonable.

Totally doable. It'll break the task-avoiding reaction, get some chores done, and keep you showing up rather than wandering. It is, IMO, Doing the Job That's in Front of You ™.

We're starting week 3. That's three more weeks to build up your do-one-thing habit before the next challenge. Come join us again. Monks need to practice sitting and doing their one thing. (Plus it's the holiday season, which is the best time of year to pitch in with stuff at home.)

• Like 1