What's currently filling the GOT hole in your life?

What's your favourite shows on the tele box currently?

A work mate of mine is just working his way through the most recent season of GOT and I genuinely get a pang of envy everytime he mentions it [emoji23]

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

-Rebel-

4WC 2019 : 2.7.2

“Get a dream, hold on to it and shoot for the sky.” 

-- Dusty Rhodes

Books, actually. My wife and I are between shows ATM. Most of our stuff starts back in the next couple of weeks. We're slowly making our way through The Americans as well. Still, since GoT ended for the season we've been reading the early Shannara books for our epic fantasy fix. Plus it's like the only time ever that we've been reading the same thing at the same time.

4 hours ago, Kevin Mack said:

Books, actually. My wife and I are between shows ATM. Most of our stuff starts back in the next couple of weeks. We're slowly making our way through The Americans as well. Still, since GoT ended for the season we've been reading the early Shannara books for our epic fantasy fix. Plus it's like the only time ever that we've been reading the same thing at the same time.

Reading the same thing at the same time must be weird! Trying to work out where the other one is in the book without giving anything away must be a challenge! Admittedly, I haven't read anything epic in a while :(

-Rebel-

-- Dusty Rhodes

On 9/19/2017 at 12:54 PM, Kaite the Nomad said:

I do wonder when (if ever it feels like now) the next book will come out.

GRRM's hoping 2018.  But as with anything GRRM, take it with a huge flagon a salt.  

At this point I've decided the show is more "canon" for me than the books -- since the show might actually have a real ending but the book series may never get finished.

I'm also hoping some of the 5 potential spinoff shows that have been pitched will go in production, assuming the quality stays high.

You haven't seen my Final Form

I Stand With Gina Carano

I haven't read the books (I was pretty late to the game) so I've no idea!

Rik and Morty is amazing! Highlight of my week.

I'm an animator so it ticks all the boxes for me.

I watched part of the GoT animation early, have you seen it? I was really odd. The style was just kind of odd...

-Rebel-

-- Dusty Rhodes

On 19/09/2017 at 8:48 PM, Blethan said:

I watched part of the GoT animation early, have you seen it? I was really odd. The style was just kind of odd...

Oh I haven't heard abou that I'm going to have to look that up.

On 19/09/2017 at 6:17 PM, Hazard said:

GRRM's hoping 2018.  But as with anything GRRM, take it with a huge flagon a salt.  

At this point I've decided the show is more "canon" for me than the books -- since the show might actually have a real ending but the book series may never get finished.

I'm also hoping some of the 5 potential spinoff shows that have been ptiched will go in production, assuming the quality stays high.

What are the spin off ideas that are being considered? Anything with the Hound would be great lol. The Winds of Winter has been in the works for such a long time now, hope it does come out next year. Fingers crossed.

'A path is made by walking on it'

Character Profile

Strava

1 hour ago, Kaite the Nomad said:

What are the spin off ideas that are being considered? Anything with the Hound would be great lol.

They haven't said yet.  The only clue we have is one is definitely an event in the past that we'll recognize as having been mentioned in GoT, and that they won't be doing Robert's Rebellion.

You haven't seen my Final Form

I Stand With Gina Carano

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 1:48 PM, Blethan said:

I haven't read the books (I was pretty late to the game) so I've no idea!

At this point, I wouldn't start. I genuinely believe that GRRM has no intention of finishing the series. Even if he does, HBO will have beaten him to the punch. As far as I am concerned, he is either writing HBO's GoT: The Novelization, or he's writing fan-fic. HBO is my canon now too.

My husband and I have a thing for Channel Zero on SyFy. The first season is about a bunch of kids that all remember a spooky TV show from their childhood -- but their parents say they were just watching static. (Cue ominous music.) I vouch for this mostly for the puppets. Crap those are scary puppets.

giphy.gif

8567ba9cedc0d722e12fef9d2fb8db8b6ebcdf53

channelzero-feat.jpg

The second season (which only has one episode) is about a haunted house one cannot escape. 

Channel Zero is like what American Horror Story might be like if they fulfilled literally any of their potential. 

We also really liked The Sinner (Jessica Biel kills a man, and the president from Independence Day is trying to figure out why).

I'm also watching Handmaid's Tale but it's too damn heavy for me to watch more than one episode at a time. 

westeworldtrailer.jpg

And, of course, Westworld is really good. 

@Super Starling! Ohhhh, Westworld is amazing! It was the highlight of my week while I was watching it. Just finished Rick and Morty, so there's yet another long wait. Why do all the shows I love leave me? XD

Going to try out The Gifted and new Star Trek on Netflix, see how they pan out!

Ooo also Electric Dreams!

-Rebel-

-- Dusty Rhodes

Yeah Rick & Morty's over [emoji20]. I'm watching Elecrtic Dreams. I read that there are some similar vibes to Black Mirror so I binge-watched that, it's messed up but pretty great.
Yeh it's like black mirror. But even odder. I love philip k dick though, so that bodes well. And the third episode is actually filmed a few towns over from me which is really weird!

-Rebel-

-- Dusty Rhodes

On 04/10/2017 at 9:47 PM, Blethan said:

Yeh it's like black mirror. But even odder. I love philip k dick though, so that bodes well. And the third episode is actually filmed a few towns over from me which is really weird!

I've never read any Philip k Dick  so I'm finding it interesting. Heheh be careful where you get off the train near there ;)

'A path is made by walking on it'

Character Profile

Strava

I am re-reading the books again.  I did the books first, then went and found the TV series and now back to the books again.  At first I was pretty sure GRRM was working hard on WoW because he said he wasn't going to be doing anything new until it came out.  Then he released a chapter and started working on the HBO spin-offs so at this point I assume it is going to be another Robert Jordan scenario, with the book series being finished by somebody else.  

On 9/20/2017 at 1:17 AM, Hazard said:

On 9/23/2017 at 4:48 AM, Kevin Mack said:

At this point, I wouldn't start. I genuinely believe that GRRM has no intention of finishing the series. Even if he does, HBO will have beaten him to the punch. As far as I am concerned, he is either writing HBO's GoT: The Novelization, or he's writing fan-fic. HBO is my canon now too.

Having read the books first, I have a hard time accepting the show as canon, but I am also very concerned that the original story deigned for the books is going to be tailored to shoehorn it into the show version.  I imagine this will work about as well as trying to shoehorn a Darth Vader backstory into a prequel trilogy worked for Lucas :( 

HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

My favourites right now (in the UK) are SAS who dares wins (great one for fitness nerds - basically a group of guys put through the sas selection regime over a couple weeks 25 guys and whittled down to a few who survive the intense selection regime) and Hunted (show about a bunch of 'fugitives' have to outrun a crack team of hunters who use state powers to track them down and capture them , those who make it to the end without capture get a share of £100k with the others who make it)

westworld! the expanse!

also, reading a lot.

Daily Battle Log, Sweat like an Orc, Live like a Hobbit, and Look like an Elf

“As the Wheel of Time turns, places wear many names. Men wear many names, many faces. Different faces, but always the same man. Yet no one knows the Great Pattern the Wheel weaves, or even the Pattern of an Age. We can only watch, and study, and hope.”  Robert Jordan, The Eye of the World