A tale of High Adventure!

Well,  I have been working out and eating much better since I came back from a fantastic vacation in Amsterdam in July.  I had such a great time, and was just annoyed at how tired I was at the end of each day from walking around.   I had talked to my wife about all the places I had been in my life and all of the places I still wanted to go, and had actually made the comment that I doubt I will make it to them because I am so out of condition.   Well I have had a dream most of my life that if I had a Magic lamp and got a wish, that it would be to be able to make my body into any condition I wanted overnight.  Funny I never thought that that condition would be flabby and weak.  Well we all have the ability to make  our bodies what we want, and I am going to change mine.  I just went over the Mindset of the Big Why.  It is also on my character page, I am tired of being a Use d to.  I want to be a Doer again.  I used to climb mountains, I used to shoot rapids in a canoe, I used to dive deep into the ocean.  I need that back.  I need the things that made me who I am again.  I am only in my mid 40's and I look back over the last 15 years and look at what I let myself become, and what I stopped doing and why.  Enough.  I will no longer compromise with the time I have left and wait until later to do the things I want to do, and it starts with being strong enough to do those things.  Thanks for reading this far if you did.  I am hoping I can help others and get help in return.

TANSTAAFL!   

What is not gained through labor is paid for in pride!

STR 8/DEX 4/CON 6/INT 8/WIS 8/CHA 6

BATTLE LOG: GREG T and The Temple Of Fe

Greg T. Proclaims " To mediocrity and Beyond! 2018"

GregT MFP Food Diary

GregT's Spotify Lists

Welcome @GregT.

Related image

Do you have any plans/steps to take for this grand adventure? We are starting a brand new challenge this Sunday, if you want to join in the fun I know the Level 1/ First Timers would love to have ya! 

• Like 1

GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

Hey there and welcome. I started on my adventure when I was in my mid forties, for most of the same reasons. Suddenly looking at myself and realizing I wasn't healthy enough to do the things I wanted to and saying it was because I was too old and realizing that wasn't how I wanted to live my life. Enjoy the journey 

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Thanks for the rely Elastgirl,

I like the meme, I have known many people that used that as a Motto.  I would like to share mine with you.  TANSTAAFL!  It is a term used throughout one of my favorite books by my favorite author, Robert Heinlein.  It was used and introduced in the book "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress"  and stands for There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch !  I use it as an expletive, a stand alone statement and as a motivational term.  If you have time and have not read the book it is worth the time, and it is a good thing to keep in the back of your mind. 

TANSTAAFL!

Link to the book

https://www.amazon.com/Moon-Harsh-Mistress/dp/B000JJRW80/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1505792035&sr=8-1&keywords=the+moon+is+a+harsh+mistress

• Like 2

TANSTAAFL!   

GregT MFP Food Diary

GregT's Spotify Lists

I'm putting it here because I just don't know where else to put it.  I need to make it public so I can be held accountable.  It is too easy to say things and if no one else knows, well, I have lied to myself in the past.

Goals per Mindset Exercise:

I am a person that has big ideas and plans extensively but does not follow through well.

I will set 5 goals at a time that are small and with one week time limits in order to follow through with my plans.  Aim Small Miss small.

I am the type of person that joins a gym and doesn’t go.

I will commit to going each day and enlisting a workout buddy up my accountability.

I am the type of person that knows what to eat but doesn’t.

I will be the person that eats healthy even when others are not.

I am the type of person that gets a good idea and the procrastinates doing it.

I will be the person that executes ideas immediately.

I am the type of person that talks to other people but only talks not helps.

I will start aiding others by not just talking with them but joining them in action.

I am the type of person that admires others for learning a new language and utilizing it.

I will start using the Rosetta Stone I am paying for to learn basic Dutch before my Anniversary trip to Curacao in December.

Like the old Bartle's and James commercial " thanks for your support"

TANSTAAFL!   

GregT MFP Food Diary

GregT's Spotify Lists

4 hours ago, GregT. said:

I am a person that has big ideas and plans extensively but does not follow through well.

Me too! This site has helped me with this and hopefully it helps you as well. Adding accountability and someone who remembers and asks weeks down the road "hey did you ever accomplish that task?" or someone to remind you about it. 

• Thanks 1

GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!