• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

CourtnieMarie

CM gets the LOCOmotive back on the tracks

Recommended Posts

so the end of last challenge was...

dHoshAJ.gif

 

hiiiiiiiii, i'm CM and i like lifting and eating and fun runs and short OCRs. i got a bit side tracked the last couple weeks after a vacation and now some stomach pains that won't go away. i'm going to take this challenge week by week and adjust as things progress.

 

ZERO WEEK

1. move everyday. either a walk or yoga with some pull up bar hangs.

2. figure out your stomach issues. go to the doctor as needed, make those appts, take supplements, eat at least 30g fiber from food per day.

3. lift. if I can, i'd like to get in an do some light sets of 10 on each lift. just to get back in there. but it will need to happen tomorrow or friday so we'll see how i feel.

 

we'll re-evaluate for WEEK 1. work has been crazy busy so forgive me if I haven't stopped by your thread yet! also i have this stuff going on during the challenge...

9/15: friend’s wedding

9/16: cape cod with fam

9/23 – 9/24: Maine trip

9/29: dress shopping

9/30: outfit and dress shopping

10/1: NH 5K

10/7: friend’s wedding

10/13 – 10/16: Acadia Nat’l Park camping

 

tenor.gif

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks guys!! i probably won't post dress pics on here but maybe i'll drive by a certain chat group with a couple ;)

 

Week 0 – Sunday

 

sunday was more of the same. I had scrambled eggs with spinach for bfast, more fruit, an oatmeal bowl with macadamia nuts and flax seed for lunch, a vegan smoothie, a fruit bar, and a kombucha.

 

annnnd engagement photos! which was a blast but again, in a lot of pain so not super fun.

 

pull ups: 1

yoga: 15

fiber: 34g

 

Week 0 – Monday

 

walk in the morning. more oatmeal with berries & nuts. soup for lunch. 32 oz coconut water throughout the afternoon during dr. appts. CT scan says my organs are good, intestines are full of poop, and they couldn’t see my appendix bc they couldn’t use IV dye on me and also I have a lack of intra-abdominal fat. win?! sure!

MVREd1s.gif

 

pull ups: 1

yoga: 15

walking: 1.09mi

fiber: 37g

 

Week 0 – Tuesday

 

mostly same foods. went for more blood work and asked them to test for salmonella. did some yoga and pull up hangs. dinner was a smoothie with greek yogurt, strawbs, flax, spinach, and cocoa.

 

pull ups: 2

yoga: 30

walking: 1.09mi

fiber: 41g

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
raptron   
2 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

we'll re-evaluate for WEEK 1. work has been crazy busy so forgive me if I haven't stopped by your thread yet! also i have this stuff going on during the challenge...

9/15: friend’s wedding

9/16: cape cod with fam

9/23 – 9/24: Maine trip

9/29: dress shopping

9/30: outfit and dress shopping

10/1: NH 5K

10/7: friend’s wedding

10/13 – 10/16: Acadia Nat’l Park camping

 

 

So BUSY-ness as usual, I see? ;) 

 

BLAGHUEUIGHIU about your continued gut pains! Fingers crossed for you. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

 

9/15: friend’s wedding

9/16: cape cod with fam

9/23 – 9/24: Maine trip

9/29: dress shopping

9/30: outfit and dress shopping

10/1: NH 5K

10/7: friend’s wedding

10/13 – 10/16: Acadia Nat’l Park camping

 

 

So J and I are never going to have you and SO over...are we? Except maybe during the week plans.

 

Also boo stomach issues! Here's hoping they get figured out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, ixaera said:

This is gonna get stuck in my head a lot this challenge, I see

 

 

omg i didn't even think of this and it's so perfect. also the dance could definitely help get shit back on track ;) 

 

2 hours ago, raptron said:

 

So BUSY-ness as usual, I see? ;) 

28 minutes ago, MikeWazowski said:

HOLD. UP. Your *least* busy weekend is going to a wedding??!?

IKR?! so many things. we hate sitting around the house but at the same time, yeesh.

 

16 minutes ago, The Tin Man said:

Hey girl.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hey.

5a7784c41c23a664cfb46568edaa2b065d64771a

13 minutes ago, The Tin Man said:

 

 

So J and I are never going to have you and SO over...are we? Except maybe during the week plans.

wait. HELLO! isn't J doing the smuttynose?? we will be there! but yes, you're correct. wanna plan a low key game night/day for a weekend in November??

 

2 hours ago, raptron said:

BLAGHUEUIGHIU about your continued gut pains! Fingers crossed for you. 

13 minutes ago, The Tin Man said:

Also boo stomach issues! Here's hoping they get figured out.

thanks guyssss. i'm gunna try something else today and hopefully it helps!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

 

Camping in october I see. Please teach me your warm nights ways. 

yessss haha this will be our first try at it. with friends who have done it before. we're considering a double wide sleeping bag that is temp approved. plus i'm allergic to wool so i'll be wearing all the non-allergenic clothes!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

yessss haha this will be our first try at it. with friends who have done it before. we're considering a double wide sleeping bag that is temp approved. plus i'm allergic to wool so i'll be wearing all the non-allergenic clothes!

 

From what i know the main thing is not putting your air mattress directly on the ground, put an insulater underneath it, and something else between you and the mattress. depending on if you are using an air mattress / sleeping pad / sleeping cot, etc. (our current set up is a double wide cot with a 3" memory foam on it, we gave up on using air mattresses in the heat of the summer, they just deflate every night with the temp swings)

 

We don't do a lot of spring/fall camping, but I'd like to in the future. We've had some cold nights, but not as cold as October. 

 

I would think the sleeping bag would go a long way. And warm warm warm socks! When it's really cold at night while camping I definitely sleep with warm socks and a warm hat on. And I bring waterproof shoes for potty runs in the cold morning dew. ;) But you probs knew all that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

 

From what i know the main thing is not putting your air mattress directly on the ground, put an insulater underneath it, and something else between you and the mattress. depending on if you are using an air mattress / sleeping pad / sleeping cot, etc. (our current set up is a double wide cot with a 3" memory foam on it, we gave up on using air mattresses in the heat of the summer, they just deflate every night with the temp swings)

yesss the sleeping bag would be great to wrap ourselves in while using our other blankets as insulators for the air mattress, like you said!

 

29 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

We don't do a lot of spring/fall camping, but I'd like to in the future. We've had some cold nights, but not as cold as October. 

 

I would think the sleeping bag would go a long way. And warm warm warm socks! When it's really cold at night while camping I definitely sleep with warm socks and a warm hat on. And I bring waterproof shoes for potty runs in the cold morning dew. ;) But you probs knew all that. 

yes i definitely need to remember a hat. or even just a sweatshirt with a hood. i hate potty runs in the cold morning! but yeah, i've got duck boots for that :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Week 0 – Wednesday

 

walk in the AM. more of the same foods. actually ate closer to normal amounts so that’s good. made an appointment with a specialist for Monday. but the doc never called me about my blood results from Tuesday. pain is still there but definitely a 3 or 4 out of 10. last Thurs-Sun it varied from a 6-8 out of 10 on the pain scale.

 

I did do the abs PVP video last night too! 5 minutes and now I has abs.

 

pull ups: 2

yoga: 30

walking: 2.12mi

fiber: 34g

 

my coworker gave me 1/3 serving of her kava coca blend this morning that she wants me to try. i am nervous about it and don't think i will try it lol

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

Week 0 – Wednesday

 

walk in the AM. more of the same foods. actually ate closer to normal amounts so that’s good. made an appointment with a specialist for Monday. but the doc never called me about my blood results from Tuesday. pain is still there but definitely a 3 or 4 out of 10. last Thurs-Sun it varied from a 6-8 out of 10 on the pain scale.

 

 

I am glad the pain is improving. Hopefully this is one of those medical mysteries that's like a scooby doo episode and just one smart doctor has to pull off the mask to reveal the bad guy. 

 

4 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

 

I did do the abs PVP video last night too! 5 minutes and now I has abs.

 

 

Seriously, how many times does someone have to do abs anyway?

 

4 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

 

my coworker gave me 1/3 serving of her kava coca blend this morning that she wants me to try. i am nervous about it and don't think i will try it lol

 

like hot cocoa? What is this wizardry? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Taddea Zhaan said:

 

I am glad the pain is improving. Hopefully this is one of those medical mysteries that's like a scooby doo episode and just one smart doctor has to pull off the mask to reveal the bad guy. 

that would be GREAT!

 

Just now, Taddea Zhaan said:

like hot cocoa? What is this wizardry? 

nope. the other coca... like from cocaine lol she's very into natural type remedies but it's not something i've ever dabbled with before. i'm thinking i'll stick to FDA approved for now.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

 

nope. the other coca... like from cocaine lol she's very into natural type remedies but it's not something i've ever dabbled with before. i'm thinking i'll stick to FDA approved for now.

 

well, okay, then. 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blocky   
10 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

 made an appointment with a specialist for Monday. but the doc never called me about my blood results from Tuesday. pain is still there but definitely a 3 or 4 out of 10. last Thurs-Sun it varied from a 6-8 out of 10 on the pain scale.

 

 

A friend of mine has had pretty sever belly pain, turns out he has SIBO (small-intestinal bacterial overgrowth)... any time he has carbs, the bacteria go nuts and try to make him explode with off gases.

 

10 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

my coworker gave me 1/3 serving of her kava coca blend this morning that she wants me to try. i am nervous about it and don't think i will try it lol

 

Not sure if it's similar, but I recently had some kava stuff that was made for sleeping and it worked really well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Blocky said:

 

A friend of mine has had pretty sever belly pain, turns out he has SIBO (small-intestinal bacterial overgrowth)... any time he has carbs, the bacteria go nuts and try to make him explode with off gases.

 

yeah i'm hoping the GI specialist can give me some answers on Monday! been eating a lot of carbs though and actually feeling better now so maybe something similar but opposite?

 

13 hours ago, Blocky said:

Not sure if it's similar, but I recently had some kava stuff that was made for sleeping and it worked really well.

it is similar! it sounds like people make a blend with the coca to make you less sleepy when you take it. i did not end up taking it but she's letting me keep it. she explains it like a heart opening fun awareness time and has the best yoga sessions after taking some. am i painting a pretty clear picture of this coworker? LOL

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Week 0 – Thursday

 

I lifted yesterday morning! still wasn’t feeling great but jeez louis enough is enough. also I woke up with something in my eye and then I think I scratched my eyeball and my eye was all swollen and red. I’m a mess.

 

goblet squats

45x10x2

 

RDLs

50x10x2

 

bent-over rows

60x15x2

 

bench

80x3

65x8x2

 

OHP

60x4

45x7

 

actually started feeling better about halfway through the day. I was experiencing some tingling sensations down my right leg and into my foot by the end of the day though. wtf. Called my sister who’s studying med and she said I pointed to exactly the area that relates to the L4 vertebrae or something. She then asked if I had gone to the gym recently and I admitted to the above… sensation is gone this morning but I’m off any non-supported back work for a week. did some yoga stuff but didn’t time it. I’ll conservatively say 5 mins.

 

pull ups: 2

yoga: 35

walking: 2.12mi

fiber: 41g

lift: 1

 

Oo oo! and shark week started today! MESS, I TELL YOU

giphy.gif

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now