Sloth Hammers in the Morning

Simple & Swanky. I love it! 

Sorry to hear about your neighbor, too.

Wolf

• Like 1

Wild Wolf

Class: Peerless Scarred/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 188#

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Intro to Wolflean

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Gotham Project: 1

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

2 hours ago, Xena said:

Good luck hammering in the morning...all over this land

I'd say you should hammer out danger and warning, but I think you use your KB for that. Are you going to bring your hammer on your runs?? That would be cool but might scare the neighbors. But maybe they are used to seeing the tire get dragged around and wouldn't flinch (?)

Haha, now I am going to have that song stuck in my head...

• Like 4
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

14 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Thanks.  I accidently got hammered last night.  I had one beer.  But it was a big bottle (20 oz, maybe a bit more), it was Belgian, it was dark, and apparently it was strong. I was sloshed after one and was incredibly hung over this morning. Ive got to be more careful in the future. 

I thought it was hammered in the morning?  Not hung in the morning?

well you know what I say......practice makes perfect!

• Like 2

Level 36 Ranger Sorcerer 

Current challenge 

17 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

It'll probably tell me to quit drinking Belgian beer. 

HERESY!

• Like 1

the year of living trippily

Final Boss, Part 2    Boss, Part 1  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

8 hours ago, T2sarahconnor said:

I was given to understand that someone well hung may hammer where they please.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

23 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

This is step one in a three step series for becoming a financial wizard

The steps are 

1. Know how much money you make/have
  2. Know how much money you spend
  3. Keep 2 consistently less than 1 consistently more than 2 (this is where the wizardry part come in)

That's genius. I've never gotten past step one. 

19 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Nice and easy! Go get it. And again, good luck for the race this weekend.

19 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

So sorry to hear this. Whether you knew her well or not, it always shakes a person. *hugs*

Thanks Elize. 

16 hours ago, Xena said:

Good luck hammering in the morning...all over this land

I'd say you should hammer out danger and warning, but I think you use your KB for that. Are you going to bring your hammer on your runs?? That would be cool but might scare the neighbors. But maybe they are used to seeing the tire get dragged around and wouldn't flinch (?)

Thanks.  The neighbors would probably be cool with it, but I'm brown enough that I'm afraid of being stopped by the police with a weapon.  I'll probably carry around a KB when I walk the dog. Tire pulling should resurface after cyclocross season. 

14 hours ago, Wild Wolf said:

Simple & Swanky. I love it! 

Sorry to hear about your neighbor, too.

Wolf

Thanks. Simple and swanky would be a great challenge title. 

13 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Haha, now I am going to have that song stuck in my head...

Second nerdiest version of the song:

10 hours ago, T2sarahconnor said:

You're right, I had it backwards. 

7 hours ago, EricMN said:

Awaiting my opportunity to see you with that hammer.

I look forward ward to checking out your beard brother. 

7 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

HERESY!

:) I gave up Pop-Tarts, Belgian beer is a bridge too far. 

2 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I was given to understand that someone well hung may hammer where they please.

Tank, they're going to take away your divinity license soon.

• Like 8

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

9/14/17 Thursday

I woke up hung over without having done any drinking. I gotta assume I have the back-to-school plague. I had it last year at this time too.  

I tuned my bike and replaced the tire goo.  It made an unholy mess all over the patio. Some times I think I'm old enough to take my bike to the shop and let someone else get messy. Tomorrow I'll buy some race food, pack my bag, go on a little ride and I should be good to go. 

At school I saw a Kindergarten class.  I know they know the Pete the Cat story because McDonalds is giving the books out, so when I went by their line I did a funny walk and sang, "I love my blue shoes, I love my blue shoes..."  Now they look for Pete whenever they leave their class. I may be stuck walking funny and singing all year long. I'd just get my K license if I didn't have to do student-teaching again. 

Pete:

9780061906220_alt1.gif

Goodnight nerd friends. 

• Like 14

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

56 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Tank, they're going to take away your divinity license soon.

It'll never happen because I don't have a divinity license.

My degree is in divinity. I'm literally a Master of Divinity.

My license and ordination are for ministry.

• Like 6

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

2 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

At school I saw a Kindergarten class.  I know they know the Pete the Cat story because McDonalds is giving the books out, so when I went by their line I did a funny walk and sang, "I love my blue shoes, I love my blue shoes..."  Now they look for Pete whenever they leave their class. I may be stuck walking funny and singing all year long. I'd just get my K license if I didn't have to do student-teaching again. 

You are awesome! You'd be awesome with K kids, and set them up right for life/school. ;)

• Like 2

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

18 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

You are awesome! You'd be awesome with K kids, and set them up right for life/school.

Thanks.  I think I'd be good with our typical students, but I think I'd fail our high needs students and I'd probably under teach the high achieving students.  But it'd be fun. 

---------

9/15/17 Friday

I didn't wake up sick.  That was nice. School was fine, nothing worth mentioning there. The rest of the family went to a neighborhood church festival while I prepped for the race.  On my ride the bike, my legs, and my back all felt good, but I'm not fast right now.  I'm hoping for a three hour finish, but it's been a while since I've had a real training ride, so I may be substantially slower. 

I had a weird moment on my bike. I was biking through a busy section and a drunk couple was having an argument.  The guy grabbed the lady in anger.  I slowed down, made eye contact, and he let go.  I rode on, but quickly thought I should check on her. I did some slow figure eights around the neighborhood and each time they were a little calmer, by my fourth pass they were on their bikes and heading for the train station.

I always second guess myself here.  I know I'm not a man of action, I overthink things before getting involved.  I wish I would have stepped in right away and talked to the lady and made sure she was alright. Chances are she would have yelled at me to leave her boyfriend alone. Maybe I could have gotten into a fist fight and gotten that out of my system ;) 

604eZ2B.gif

• Like 14

21 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

A class of kindergarteners are so cute...at a distance...ha.

About the couple on the bike: It's always ]hard to know what to do in those situations. I only get in the middle of things that I'm required to. ha.  Glad your body decided to cooperate on your ride today!!

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

Human Bard: CON 2, WIS 5, INT 1, CHA 2

Current Challenge: Nova Levels Up (and maybe doesn't abandon a challenge...)

5 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I always second guess myself here.  I know I'm not a man of action, I overthink things before getting involved.  I wish I would have stepped in right away and talked to the lady and made sure she was alright. Chances are she would have yelled at me to leave her boyfriend alone. Maybe I could have gotten into a fist fight and gotten that out of my system

It seems that you did intervene and just enough to diffuse their situation without having to insert yourself completely into in. That sounds like the perfect balance to me. You did good! 

• Like 8

If it's not siesta or fiesta, I'm not interested. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

Stribs & Def: Thanks for your perspective. :)

I'm leaving about a half hour late. I may have trouble parking. My back is solid this morning and my belly is miraculously acting nice. It should be a great race.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Agreeing with Deffy, sound like you did just enough to cool things down but not so much that it created additional problems

• Like 3
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

10 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I had a weird moment on my bike. I was biking through a busy section and a drunk couple was having an argument.  The guy grabbed the lady in anger.  I slowed down, made eye contact, and he let go.  I rode on, but quickly thought I should check on her. I did some slow figure eights around the neighborhood and each time they were a little calmer, by my fourth pass they were on their bikes and heading for the train station.

I think it is time to change your name... Sloth The Quiet Hero, he who quells evil with one look!

4 hours ago, deftona said:

It seems that you did intervene and just enough to diffuse their situation without having to insert yourself completely into in. That sounds like the perfect balance to me. You did good! 

THIS ^^^

• Like 3

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

Sloth, one of the most difficult situations for police officers is a domestic dispute. The others are absolutely right, anything more than what you did would have exacerbated the problem. Inserting yourself would have been foolish, as you likely would have been double teamed by the two of them. There's nothing like a common foe to bring two disputants together.

• Like 8

Current Challenge

When did this thread appear and how did it get so long already! :D following. Good luck on the race! 

• Like 1

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

3 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Gah. 90 minutes to go. I'm nervous. I can't remember the last time I've been nervous about a race. A couple decades maybe.

You got this Sloth

• Like 1

Current Challenge

3 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Gah. 90 minutes to go. I'm nervous. I can't remember the last time I've been nervous about a race. A couple decades maybe.

12 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

You got this Sloth

You totally have, we've all got your back! 

• Like 2

If it's not siesta or fiesta, I'm not interested. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

go Get 'em! You'll be great.

• Like 1

the year of living trippily

Final Boss, Part 2    Boss, Part 1  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

Can't wait to hear about your race!!!  Hope it went well!!!

• Like 1

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

Human Bard: CON 2, WIS 5, INT 1, CHA 2

Current Challenge: Nova Levels Up (and maybe doesn't abandon a challenge...)