Rhovaniel: Consistency is the Key

Rhovaniel

6 hours ago, Rhovaniel said:

I've never taped my feet before. Is there a special kind? I'll have to give it a go, thanks :) 

I use white material undertape (athletes that tape their shoulders / ankles etc would use this tape first and then the harsh brown tape that's much stiffer on top). There are some great YouTube videos online that will show you - I first learnt when I did Oxfam Trailwalker so I use their videos as references.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIHILzTQ8ek

• Like 2

Feminist Ranger (she/her)

Based in Melbourne, Australia

Current Challenge: Emerald Eagle refills her cup (January 2021)
Instagram: @emeraldeaglenf

“I wish you would thrash him. He deserves it." She looked back at him. "I will one day, sir. I'm getting tired of falling down.” - Alanna: The First Adventure

You might not have time to deal with this, but I've found that these socks are a complete miracle for preventing blisters (though they are expensive, and there might be cheaper socks that work just as well):

Last spring I did an ultra in the rain...I taped my feet ahead of time (before I found the magic socks!) but the tape started coming loose and I couldn't get new tape to stick because of the torrential rain. Here's some advice from a really experienced runner friend (the one who told me about the socks).

Then getting tape to stick is tricky. I first make sure I very completely clean the area with 91% isopropyl alcohol. I've found these convenient to use during an ultra:
And then I use this kind of tape:
  • Like 1

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

On 9/18/2017 at 4:16 PM, Rhovaniel said:

ouch! Heels + on feet all day = nope! I wore a small heel at graduation and any time I wasn't having photos taken or walking up to so the whole hand-shake thing, I wore the flat shoes I had stashed in my bag!

Usually it has more to do with how long my pants are. ha.  I need to learn to hem.

Week 1, Monday

A good start. My chart currently has only one red (missed) day. I'd post it but it's still being funny. Workout today was deload week on Squats, and I threw in OHP too. Except, as I finished I realised that I'd already adjusted the working maxes from last week so the deload weights were off. Still odd feeling squatting that little amount of weight though. I'm sure it's necessary, but I'm itching for the heavy stuff again!

Woo for staying on track!  Math is hard, you're doing great!

Food is far more complicated. All the issues I'd forgotten about with MFP came back. The not wanting to put stuff if I know it's high calorie, not wanting to see that total number creep up. Feeling like I'm 'running out' of calories as I input more stuff. So, I've decided to scratch this goal and work on something more sustainable, at least for now. Not sure what that will be yet, but I'm about to go meal prep a load of salads for work lunches and chicken breast for dinners for a few days, so it might be to simply plan my meals ahead of time, or something of that nature. A little more control without the paranoia...

I feel this so much.  I only track because unaccountable Stribs has no self control.

• Like 1

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

Human Bard: CON 2, WIS 5, INT 1, CHA 2

Current Challenge: Nova Levels Up (and maybe doesn't abandon a challenge...)

All the issues I'd forgotten about with MFP came back. The not wanting to put stuff if I know it's high calorie, not wanting to see that total number creep up. Feeling like I'm 'running out' of calories as I input more stuff.

I'm skipping over a whole page of replies to quote this, but I wanted to give this a shout-out because that's why I'm not tracking right now, either ... MFP is helpful when I'm trying to lose weight, but it becomes stressful when I'm maintaining and I feel "bad" for eating things, even healthy things. I'm still trying to find an eating goal to replace calorie tracking, but I do definitely understand the difficulties of MFP.

• Like 1

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 53

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

On 9/19/2017 at 3:39 AM, EmeraldEagle said:

I use white material undertape (athletes that tape their shoulders / ankles etc would use this tape first and then the harsh brown tape that's much stiffer on top). There are some great YouTube videos online that will show you - I first learnt when I did Oxfam Trailwalker so I use their videos as references.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIHILzTQ8ek

Thanks!

On 9/20/2017 at 1:16 AM, Xena said:

You might not have time to deal with this, but I've found that these socks are a complete miracle for preventing blisters (though they are expensive, and there might be cheaper socks that work just as well):

Last spring I did an ultra in the rain...I taped my feet ahead of time (before I found the magic socks!) but the tape started coming loose and I couldn't get new tape to stick because of the torrential rain. Here's some advice from a really experienced runner friend (the one who told me about the socks).

Then getting tape to stick is tricky. I first make sure I very completely clean the area with 91% isopropyl alcohol. I've found these convenient to use during an ultra:
And then I use this kind of tape:

Thanks for that. They issue us with socks and we don't get to wear our own, so that's out - though I will be looking at them for my normal hikes and long walks. I'll decide on saturday if I can work with my boots or ask to use theirs. I'm leaning towards theirs...

On 9/20/2017 at 2:27 AM, Stribs said:

Usually it has more to do with how long my pants are. ha.  I need to learn to hem.

Woo for staying on track!  Math is hard, you're doing great!

I feel this so much.  I only track because unaccountable Stribs has no self control.

Unaccountable Rhovaniel goes off the rails, so I feel you here! Unfortunately, tracking Rhovaniel is a stressed ranger who also goes off the rails...

On 9/20/2017 at 3:52 AM, SkyGirl said:

I'm skipping over a whole page of replies to quote this, but I wanted to give this a shout-out because that's why I'm not tracking right now, either ... MFP is helpful when I'm trying to lose weight, but it becomes stressful when I'm maintaining and I feel "bad" for eating things, even healthy things. I'm still trying to find an eating goal to replace calorie tracking, but I do definitely understand the difficulties of MFP.

It's definitely a double edged sword. I can see its uses, but also, for people with real issues about food, it can compound the problem. 

I didn't post yesterday because I was a) too engrossed in a book when I got home, forgot how much I enjoy doing that from time to time and b ) had yet to figure out my nutrition goal. But @Tanktimus the Encourager helped me realise that I'm trying to do too much. Cook healthy, meal prep, track macros/calories, lose weight.... and all this when anything I have learned in the kitchen is almost lost. So, I'm going to keep this basic:

1. Eat three proper meals a day and minimise snacking. 

- This means that no foods are going to be off-limits as such, because I need to get back to a healthy relationship with food before I start trying to fine-tune my diet. Yesterday's dinner was marginally better than the other days. Instead of constant snacking till bed, I snacked a little then forced myself to microwave the bag of green veg in my fridge and fried two eggs to go with it. As basic as basic gets, but it was something. 

- The snacking goal will be to limit myself to one, possibly two snacks at work. More than anything, I want to get the 'grazing' habit under control. 

In other news, deload week will be over soon, once Deadlift day is done tomorrow. Can't wait! It served to remind me that I really like the feeling of a heavy (for me) barbell on my back! 

• Like 4

“All You Have To Decide Is What To Do With The Time That Is Given To You.” - Gandalf

Current Challenge: A Bold New Year

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|2728 29|30

The Chronicles of Rhovaniel, Dúnedain Ranger: Vol I, Vol IIVol III, Interim| Vol IV|Vol V 

3 hours ago, Rhovaniel said:

In other news, deload week will be over soon, once Deadlift day is done tomorrow. Can't wait! It served to remind me that I really like the feeling of a heavy (for me) barbell on my back! 

De-load week is the worst!

I'm happy to see you are trying to simply some of your goals!

• Like 1

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

12 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

De-load week is the worst!

I'm happy to see you are trying to simply some of your goals!

Thanks. Yep, once tomorrow's workout is done, I get to move onto the 8s phase (at least, I think that's how it works lol). 

39 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Good job scaling back the food goals, baby steps will win where giant leaps fail.

Thanks guys. Unfortunately, I'm off to a rocky start. The workouts are still good. Today's 5km took 32 minutes 25 seconds, which is almost a whole minute down from the 33 minutes 22 seconds I ran it in on the 13th. I definitely pushed myself more, and it felt good. I'm not anticipating tomorrow's workout to be too taxing (deload deadlifts with a few assessories thrown in. I'm thinking dumbbell rows, ab rollouts and if I've time beforehand I'll have a look at some form videos for kettle bell swings. Or maybe box jumps, I've been thinking of trying those for a while). 

Eating... I started well. Breakfast was weetabix with banana, to hopefully stave off the mid morning snacking. Sort of worked. Had tuna salad for lunch, took a walk with colleagues to stretch my legs. Had my clementines. Grazed on two snack bars because I got the munchies... got home. Got changed, headed for the gym. (I will run outside soon. Just... not today ;)). My front tyre has been looking a little low so I got M to come with me and figure out the air machine at the petrol station. Topped up all tyres, but I think I'm going to book it in for a service soon. Home, cooked chicken breasts with Thai seasoning, chopped them up and ate them in a bowl with a little light mayo. I'm aware that does not constitute a balanced diet. It's healthier than the three chocolate bars I have been known to eat in place of dinner, but not really helping the whole 'iron out the food issues' thing. The only thing I can do is keep trying. Tomorrow's a new day. 

“All You Have To Decide Is What To Do With The Time That Is Given To You.” - Gandalf

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|2728 29|30

The Chronicles of Rhovaniel, Dúnedain Ranger: Vol I, Vol IIVol III, Interim| Vol IV|Vol V 

I honestly don't think your food today sounds that bad - sure it's a little light on vegetables at dinner but you had a salad for lunch and it doesn't look like the sugar demon got to you at all. 

• Like 2

Feminist Ranger (she/her)

Based in Melbourne, Australia

Current Challenge: Emerald Eagle refills her cup (January 2021)
Instagram: @emeraldeaglenf

“I wish you would thrash him. He deserves it." She looked back at him. "I will one day, sir. I'm getting tired of falling down.” - Alanna: The First Adventure

12 hours ago, Rhovaniel said:

keep trying

If it's better than it was, that's a win!  Good job!  

• Like 1

Level 48 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

Glad to see you focusing on your relationship with food.  It can be such a hard thing to navigate but so important to making progress.  Even though you weren't thrilled with the "balance" of your diet, improvement is improvement!!!  Winning a little bit at a time!!

• Like 1

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

On 9/21/2017 at 11:55 PM, EmeraldEagle said:

I honestly don't think your food today sounds that bad - sure it's a little light on vegetables at dinner but you had a salad for lunch and it doesn't look like the sugar demon got to you at all. 

Unfortunately the snack bars are quite chocolately...

On 9/22/2017 at 0:26 PM, Cheetah said:

If it's better than it was, that's a win!  Good job!  

That's true, thanks. I'm still working on it

12 hours ago, Stribs said:

Glad to see you focusing on your relationship with food.  It can be such a hard thing to navigate but so important to making progress.  Even though you weren't thrilled with the "balance" of your diet, improvement is improvement!!!  Winning a little bit at a time!!

Thanks!

So, week one Summary:

1. Apparently, my food habits are worse than I thought. I had exactly ONE proper meal this week, by which I mean wasn't basically a version of me snacking (chicken breast in mayo does not count here!). And that was an unhealthy meal. M and I haven't eaten together since Spain (he works from home a lot now, so he'll eat at lunchtime and we eat different things). So, I suggested a date lunch yesterday and we went to Coast to Coast in Stevenage. It was lovely. Good job I wasn't tracking because I had two milkshakes, burger and fries (didn't finish the burger and left most of the bun) and then pecan pie. OMG. That stuff is amazing!!! It had vanilla ice-cream and salted caramel sauce with it and it was literally 110% worth the food baby I got. I didn't even eat again till much later when I nibbled on a handful of Graze BBQ Crunch. 

2. I have also realised that the root of my food problem lies in the latter part of the day. I do snack a lot, but I can pull that back at work with only a little pain. I've found taking the few seconds to walk over to the water cooler, or walking down to the kitchen to get a cup of tea, can help. But when I get home... it's a mess. I snack almost constantly, but then I cba to cook and so I don't eat dinner. I have mince and chicken breast two days out of date in the fridge and that is unacceptable. (I'm hoping they'll be fine, since I'm planning to cook them today). 

How to improve:

1. First and foremost, get into the dinner habit. I think, as much as I have an aversion to routine around food, I need to make a habit of either cooking pretty much as soon as I get in before I have time to settle into cba mood, or block out time in an evening specifically for dinner. 

2. Meal prep. Right now, this will be simple stuff. Things I know I can cook, like mince, or stir fry (out of packets, but hey). Portion and freeze. I'll need to set reminders on my phone to take food out at certain times, but so long as I do that, I should always have at least one healthy meal ready to go. I'll freeze the majority just in case I do slip and end up wasting the food. 

Workouts:

- skipped deadlift deloads because I slept in on Friday. And I've yet to do a long cardio. I walked 7.5km yesterday just because I felt the need to stretch my legs, but that was more of leisurely stroll. But I am determined to straighten out the house a bit and more importantly, plan and prep a good number of meals to set me up for success this week. So, trade off. I'm going to walk to the supermarket, being careful how much I pick up, carry it back. If I have to leave some stuff because it'll be too heavy, I just go back for a second trip. I may also take another walk this evening with my rucksack, but the long trail to St Albans won't get done. I've also decided that, whilst my boots are comfortable, they are too new still, and the others don't support my ankle. I'll email BreakPoint tomorrow and ask to use theirs. Shouldn't be a problem. 

This, I think, is shaping up to be a fluid challenge. I may change the title, because whilst it is about consistency in workouts, it is also about finding a way of managing my nutrition in a way that works for me, that I can sustain and use to help me finally get a handle on what I put in my mouth. But I will at least attempt to keep up better on here. So long as I keep trying, I don't mind if the goals keep changing. This one is about finding my way really. 

• Like 1

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Rhovaniel said:

whilst it is about consistency in workouts, it is also about finding a way of managing my nutrition in a way that works for me, that I can sustain and use to help me finally get a handle on what I put in my mouth.

It seems to me that consistency should still be the theme while you figure out exactly how you plan to get a handle on your eating.  Establishing a program that you can consistently keep and turn into a long term habit, even if it is far from the ideal you want, will always be better than trying to get the ideal program and then getting burned out after a few weeks or months.

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

10 hours ago, Rhovaniel said:

2. I have also realised that the root of my food problem lies in the latter part of the day. I do snack a lot, but I can pull that back at work with only a little pain. I've found taking the few seconds to walk over to the water cooler, or walking down to the kitchen to get a cup of tea, can help. But when I get home... it's a mess. I snack almost constantly, but then I cba to cook and so I don't eat dinner. I have mince and chicken breast two days out of date in the fridge and that is unacceptable. (I'm hoping they'll be fine, since I'm planning to cook them today). 

A big part of this battle is going to be won, not at home in the evenings, but rather at the grocery store when you are shopping. Changing what you buy will win this battle before it even begins. Spezzy wrote in one of her articles that she stopped milk not by deciding she didn't drink milk anymore, but by deciding she no longer bought milk.

• Like 3

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

A big part of this battle is going to be won, not at home in the evenings, but rather at the grocery store when you are shopping. Changing what you buy will win this battle before it even begins. Spezzy wrote in one of her articles that she stopped milk not by deciding she didn't drink milk anymore, but by deciding she no longer bought milk.

So much this!  The only treat in my house is my halo top and that pint has to last me a week.  If I want a snack I have veggies, yogurt, or cheese sticks.  Hubs will occasionally sneak in treats for himself, but he knows better than to put them in the open.  I used to go to the store, buy snacks, and eat them before I even got home (same with fast food...like one sandwich in the car, then my meal at home). I do occasionally treat myself, but no more share size bags of any sweet in my house!  If it's not there, you can't eat it!!

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Xena said:

I think prep is also key. @Mistr calls this "turning ingredients into food". Especially if you want to snack right when you get home. I bet it would be easier for you just to re-heat something you've already cooked than to force yourself to wait until you've cooked something.

I agree with Xena.  At least for Ms. Moros and myself, when we are very tired coming home from work, if we don't want to eat out, we either:

1. Have to eat something we put in a crockpot.  Crockpots can be your friend.

or

2. Reheat or defrost something we already cooked

or

3. Eat something that takes very little preparation.

But, eating out is one of our major bad guys to face, so your mileage may vary. 

• Like 3

Rebooting Ranger and Legionary

"Only a Dead Legionary Gives Up" - Day of the Starwind

"It always seems bad at first, but then I find a way" - Samurai Jack

On 9/24/2017 at 9:20 AM, Rhovaniel said:

1. First and foremost, get into the dinner habi

I'm going to echo what others have said. This fight is won not by magically getting rid of the CBA time after work (because that isn't a battle you'll win if you charge head on) but in the planning and prep that goes into the week.

Spend some time on the weekend to make an action plan for the week but be realistic. I love cooking but I cba to spend an hour or more cooking on a week-night. So If I do cook I make sure it is something that I can knock out with little effort or something that can be done start to finish in about 20-30 minutes. When I do cook on a week night I almost always cook enough that I've got left overs for the next day. Leftovers are your friend. The less you have to cook when you get home the more likely you are to stay on plan.

• Like 1

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

On 9/24/2017 at 10:36 AM, WhiteGhost said:

It seems to me that consistency should still be the theme while you figure out exactly how you plan to get a handle on your eating.  Establishing a program that you can consistently keep and turn into a long term habit, even if it is far from the ideal you want, will always be better than trying to get the ideal program and then getting burned out after a few weeks or months.

That's true, I guess. I'm just not the most patient of people... ;)

On 9/24/2017 at 8:10 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I hadn't thought about it like that. Thank you :) 

23 hours ago, Stribs said:

So much this!  The only treat in my house is my halo top and that pint has to last me a week.  If I want a snack I have veggies, yogurt, or cheese sticks.  Hubs will occasionally sneak in treats for himself, but he knows better than to put them in the open.  I used to go to the store, buy snacks, and eat them before I even got home (same with fast food...like one sandwich in the car, then my meal at home). I do occasionally treat myself, but no more share size bags of any sweet in my house!  If it's not there, you can't eat it!!

I've decided to stop buying chocolate and keeping it in the house. That will force me not to snack on it!

21 hours ago, Xena said:

I think prep is also key. @Mistr calls this "turning ingredients into food". Especially if you want to snack right when you get home. I bet it would be easier for you just to re-heat something you've already cooked than to force yourself to wait until you've cooked something.

Ah meal prep. I know I should. Just need to get into gear and DO IT ;) 

21 hours ago, Moros said:

I agree with Xena.  At least for Ms. Moros and myself, when we are very tired coming home from work, if we don't want to eat out, we either:

1. Have to eat something we put in a crockpot.  Crockpots can be your friend.

or

2. Reheat or defrost something we already cooked

or

3. Eat something that takes very little preparation.

But, eating out is one of our major bad guys to face, so your mileage may vary. 

I don't really eat out that much, so my demon is if there's no ready to go dinner that I can reheat or cook quickly... I snack. All evening. 

10 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

I'm going to echo what others have said. This fight is won not by magically getting rid of the CBA time after work (because that isn't a battle you'll win if you charge head on) but in the planning and prep that goes into the week.

Spend some time on the weekend to make an action plan for the week but be realistic. I love cooking but I cba to spend an hour or more cooking on a week-night. So If I do cook I make sure it is something that I can knock out with little effort or something that can be done start to finish in about 20-30 minutes. When I do cook on a week night I almost always cook enough that I've got left overs for the next day. Leftovers are your friend. The less you have to cook when you get home the more likely you are to stay on plan.

Week 2, Monday

A good day, though I didn't think it would be from the way it started. My phone updated during the night, and I forgot that when it does that, it won't turn itself back on till I put in my code. So, neither my first alarm or the two back ups I set went off, and I woke up at half 6, too late to get to the gym and work out. Since it wasn't my fault (as in, woke up and couldn't be bothered to get out of bed), I refused to let myself get annoyed at myself. Also woke up with all the first symptoms of a cold, which has developed over the course of the day into a cough, dry throat and stuffy nose. All neck up though, so my workout plans should be fine. Chose a white top and black jeans for work in an effort to look smart for the group research photo. Made my salad and smoothie, headed to work. Opened smoothie at work... and got a green streak right down my white top with no spare. On photo day. Spent the best part of ten minutes scrubbing at it with a wet wipe, and managed to get presentable enough for the photo. Did that, got back to work. I'm still making mistakes and needing to revise things in my reports, but I am getting there and feedback is still good. I really think this job is a great fit for me. I snacked at work, but not more than usual. 

Got home and first thing I did was reheat some mac and cheese. Not healthy, I know. But it counts as dinner. Left it an hour or so, headed to the gym... and got there at exactly the wrong time. Free weights was super busy and nothing looked free. I really, really wanted to back out right then and just do my cardio or something. Instead, I made myself row to 100 calories on the rowing machine, by which time I spied a clear area of the mats, so I claimed the spot and got my dumbbell OHPs in. Damn they were hard. Got to work on the upper body stuff more. Then as I finished the 4th set the squat rack cleared. I pushed through the last set with one eye on the rack, and got lucky. By the time I got there, it was starting to clear out a little more too, so if I had gone half an hour later I probably would have been fine. Still, I got everything done and for the first time in a while really felt like I'd pushed myself and had a really good workout. No more light squats for a while, hopefully! 

My workout:

100 calorie rowing

5 sets of 8 reps 12kg dumbbell OHP

2 sets of 8 reps bodyweight squats

2 sets of 8 reps 20kg squats

5 sets of 8 reps 30kg squats

2 x 30 second side planks (30 seconds each side). 

As I was getting ready to go home (getting choked out in the changing rooms because some inconsiderate group of girls were spraying copious amount of body spray about) I started thinking about how I wasn't hungry and eating early had helped. So, I'm going to try having a protein shake as soon as I get in from work and that should kerb the 'eat all the things!' urge long enough to wait for dinner to reheat or cook. And on days I need to go to the gym after work, I'll eat dinner beforehand and go late. 

• Like 6

Spoiler

Sounds like a really solid day!!!  Great job!

• Like 1

I need to stock up on protein bars and wanted to try something new.  Based on the glowing reviews I have see in your threads, I decided to try out Grenade Peanut Nutters.  They probably won't arrive for a couple of weeks, but I will let you know what I think when they come :) 

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

10 hours ago, Rhovaniel said:

So, I'm going to try having a protein shake as soon as I get in from work and that should kerb the 'eat all the things!' urge long enough to wait for dinner to reheat or cook.

I eat my grenade bar when I get out of work for this very reason. It does help to kerb those cravings a little. Sounds like you turned a rocky start into an amazing day! My mac and cheese recipe is probably the most calorie dense recipe known to man kind :P I hope yours is a least a little better than that.

• Like 1

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

Finally caught up!

So, I suggested a date lunch yesterday and we went to Coast to Coast in Stevenage.

I didn't know that was still there! The one in Hemel closed so I assumed they had gone out of business. I may have to make a pilgrimage!

I have mince and chicken breast two days out of date in the fridge and that is unacceptable. (I'm hoping they'll be fine, since I'm planning to cook them today). 

Please tell me you threw these away! You can get away with going past a Best Before date, by Use By dates shouldn't be ignored. 

I hope the cold clears up soon! 

• Like 1

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

On 9/26/2017 at 1:43 AM, Stribs said:

Sounds like a really solid day!!!  Great job!

Thank you :)

22 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I need to stock up on protein bars and wanted to try something new.  Based on the glowing reviews I have see in your threads, I decided to try out Grenade Peanut Nutters.  They probably won't arrive for a couple of weeks, but I will let you know what I think when they come :) 

I'm positive you won't regret it! They don't taste like protein bars at all! 

21 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

I eat my grenade bar when I get out of work for this very reason. It does help to kerb those cravings a little. Sounds like you turned a rocky start into an amazing day! My mac and cheese recipe is probably the most calorie dense recipe known to man kind :P I hope yours is a least a little better than that.

It was... store bought. With bacon ;) 

20 hours ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

Finally caught up!

I didn't know that was still there! The one in Hemel closed so I assumed they had gone out of business. I may have to make a pilgrimage!

Please tell me you threw these away! You can get away with going past a Best Before date, by Use By dates shouldn't be ignored. 

I hope the cold clears up soon! 

Hi! 

Yeah, M found it when I suggested a date. It was really nice in there :) And.. I ate the chicken because it turns out it was only 1 day out. There was no saving the mince, unfortunately.

So, yesterday was somehow still productive despite the cold now definitely being a thing. No hovering on the edges, it's here and wants me to know about it. Work wise, it was productive anyhow. But my workout, supposed to be a run, turned into taking a walk to collect a parcel from the Galleria and dinner.. didn't happen. Tbf, it may have happened if I didn't get a call from the person who I am going to be seeing for counselling sessions. It's a guy. I took a few hours convincing myself that it didn't matter, and I just need to be able to work through all this stuff. Then my sister called about something unrelated but that ended up as an hour and a half on the phone because I told her about getting the counselling. It's hard for both of us, because some things concern us both. But I think it was probably helpful. The only issue is that my healthy dinner plans were shelved and I snacked on chocolate whilst I was talking.

Today, I woke up with the alarm but with no energy to get out of bed. I just rolled over until the 6am one beeped at me and somehow I just can't seem to drag myself into gear. Had a shower and still I feel sleepy and sluggish. I also found a dead mouse outside my bedroom door so Frodo, who brought in no fewer than THREE the night before, has officially been grounded. He'll sleep in the bedroom with the door shut from now on. 

So, the hangover from an emotionally draining evening and a cold are what I'm up against today. I'm getting good at making myself go to the gym in the evening, so that's not a problem. I'll eat dinner when I get in and then just have a shake or grenade bar when I get back from the gym. I may actually be less asleep by then ;) 

• Like 4

Spoiler

You're sick. Cut yourself some slack. Especially being sick with the counselling on top of all that.

• Like 2

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler