• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Myrik

Myrik trains with the Monkii Society

181471-A-Gentleman-Is-Simply-A-Patient-W

Here is where this quote comes from think it fits me and a few others quite well.

My dear,

A gentleman is a man smart enough to know that fighting solves nothing, yet cruel enough to know that once fighting starts the offender must be dealt with with the harshest of blows. A gentleman is a man who finds peace within himself in peacetime, and again finds peace in wartime.

A gentleman is simply a patient wolf.

A gentleman is a warrior, dormant. He is dangerous and powerful, he has no need to prove that to you, to society, or to himself.

… I warn you, do not provoke him.

Falsely yours,
Lana Turner

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Myrik said:

… I warn you, do not provoke him.

Whew! This gave me hella chills brother! I think that quote needs to make it into my signature lol. Happy Hump Day, my friend! I hope you have a kickass day :) 

Wolf

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wild Wolf said:

Whew! This gave me hella chills brother! I think that quote needs to make it into my signature lol. Happy Hump Day, my friend! I hope you have a kickass day :) 

Wolf

Yeah I know what you mean.  It fit well with some of the stuff my guys group talked about in our Church Community group. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Myrik said:

Yeah I know what you mean.  It fit well with some of the stuff my guys group talked about in our Church Community group. 

Ugh. I need a men's Church group to visit...I think it would be a good thing to have in my life. Notice anything new with my signature??? ;) 

Wolf

• Like 1

After watching both Kingsman and American Assassin this week I would recommend Kingsman!  Wahoo for your consistency and that was a damm fast mile!  

4 hours ago, Wild Wolf said:

Notice anything new with my signature??? ;) 

I like it.

1 hour ago, Terra said:

Wahoo for your consistency and that was a damm fast mile!  

Thanks, my goal is a flat 8 mile.  That might be a ways down the road but I will get there.  That would give me a 24 minute 5K.

Repeat for 3 minutes: 30 Knee Drives
                                       6 Flys
                                       3 V-outs
Rest 1 minute.
Repeat for 3 minutes: 9 Overhead Squats
                                       9 Wide Rows
Rest 1 minute.
Repeat for 3 minutes: 20 Shoulder Taps (foot straps)
                                       10 Pikes

I was done after this took a long rest 5-10 minutes and then worked on some trouble spots with the exercises to get better at them.  The Overhead Squats are a little weird for me still but im getting better.  Also did some Planks for the Mini.  Planche Push ups with the Monkii Bars are interesting and hit parts of my arms and chest that do normally get worked. 

Closed it out with more Knee Drives 60 of them and a minute break followed by 90 more.  I felt great after.

• Like 2

Alright update time.

Thursdays workout was mostly stretching and mobility work.  Did some lifting also, a few triceps cable presses and some over hand curls.

Friday was a down day, went shopping for running and workout shoes at an outlet mall near me, couldn't find what i was looking for.  Tried on a pair of Reebok Nanos, not sure how people can workout in them, every movement seemed to pinch somewhere.  

Saturdays workout was Monkii .357 this one is a core killer.  My lower abs are on fire still.  Added some planks for the mini to the end.  1 minute high plank and 2 30 second side planks.  Wasn't able to complete day 3 of week 2 in the tactical training because of the sheer number of pullups involved so I am putting it on hold and going back to improving my pullup game.

• Like 2

Did my work out starting at 11pm and went until Zero dark Thirty.  The workout was great did a bunch of chest, back and shoulder workouts.  Didn't record or really keep track of them but did multiple Monkii workouts targeting each muscle group.  Hardest part tonight was the Planche Pushups.  After that I ran some shuttle sprints and i feel fantastic. 

d2131c8b20919f1c5d91042b1c20e0de--warrio

• Like 1

Been a quick minute since I checked in...  Been fighting a cold and my friend hooked me up with a copy of Destiny 2 on the PS4. Been enjoying that while waiting for the PC.  Will be getting in a great workout tonight thanks to my cold finally subsiding.

• Like 1

[mention=9708]Wild Wolf[/mention]  Your next reward

85a616641b9b98b2acfc91936e8927fc.jpg

Holy smokes I’m so late on this :(

Thanks brother! I love the sheepdog one. I have a sheepdog patch on my go-bag. The wolf one is sick! Preciate the shout out my friend :)

Wolf

"Maximum Effort!"

No worries Wolf.

Today's workout was a doozy...

4 rounds of 3 complex exerises

1) Row + Curl 10 reps

2) Monkii Complex (Pushup, Fly, V-Out) 8 Reps

3) Tuck+Pike 10 Reps

Started to feel a little nauseous after the 3rd round so took a little break and knocked out the 4th round. 

Time to close out this month.  Sorry I have been missing for the last 10ish days. 

Goal I:

Monkii Tactical Training 2, 3 days a week.

Had to modify this one because the Tactical Training proved to be above my current ability.  Kept up on doing some sort of training with the monkii bars 3 times a week unless I was lifting that week with my co-worker.  I would say I'm at an A for the modified goal.

Goal II:

Track calories again without a limit or goal in mind

I didnt do as good at tracking as i would have liked but I did it more than a 3rd of the month so Ill give myself a C.

Over all this month was a great month for me.  Learning my limits with the Monkii Bars.  Now to figure out next months goals and challenges.  Destiny 2 comes out on the PC in a week so i will tie that in some way shape or form...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Myrik said:

Over all this month was a great month for me.  Learning my limits with the Monkii Bars.  Now to figure out next months goals and challenges.  Destiny 2 comes out on the PC in a week so i will tie that in some way shape or form...

Life gets in the way constantly, brother, but I'm glad you were able to modify some goals to make it a little easier for you. WELL DONE!

I usually require and expect a lot from myself so when I set out to do something that was WAY more difficult than anticipated, it's always a good humbling experience :) 

I'll be on the lookout for you coming up next challenge, sir! You're gonna love Destiny 2!!

Wolf

3 minutes ago, Wild Wolf said:

Life gets in the way constantly, brother, but I'm glad you were able to modify some goals to make it a little easier for you. WELL DONE!

I usually require and expect a lot from myself so when I set out to do something that was WAY more difficult than anticipated, it's always a good humbling experience :) 

I'll be on the lookout for you coming up next challenge, sir! You're gonna love Destiny 2!!

Wolf

Well I already do...  My co-worker, the one I workout with, hooked me up with his spare copy of Destiny 2.  So I have 3 characters already raid ready on the PS4.  It has been great fun.  Now i will have 6 Characters to level and do the weekly guild Xp on to help my guild level faster.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Myrik said:

So I have 3 characters already raid ready on the PS4. 

Add me on PS4 sir, Ryedogg33. 

I'm light level 233 I think so I would totally play to get him to raid level and be able to play with you :) 

Wolf

First of all I am a huge fan of the 'art of manliness' blog. That is what got me into mace training. I have seen that reading list before, but never as a check list. I am wondering where I can get my own checklist for that reading list. That sounds utterly awesome!