• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Endor

The dawn will take you all [Endor]

6 minutes ago, OldManDawsy said:

Hey mate, didn't know you were doing a challenge this month! Of course this is the first time I've logged in in about a year, so that' probably not surprising!

How's the Raspberry Pi programming going? Bent it to your will yet?

G'day slack arse, long time no see! :P 

I'm building up the will to tackle extracting tables and pasting them into an email. Done it before with Perl but totally new with Python. The data I have extracted from the site is a bunch of html so I'm not sure how I'll do it yet. Might have a crack tomorrow if I feel inspired! 

You know SWBF2 open Beta starts Friday right? I'm trying to resist....

I was thinking of going to see the new Blade Runner....maybe a meetup?

2 hours ago, Endor said:

G'day slack arse, long time no see! :P 

I'm building up the will to tackle extracting tables and pasting them into an email. Done it before with Perl but totally new with Python. The data I have extracted from the site is a bunch of html so I'm not sure how I'll do it yet. Might have a crack tomorrow if I feel inspired! 

You know SWBF2 open Beta starts Friday right? I'm trying to resist....

I was thinking of going to see the new Blade Runner....maybe a meetup?

Yeah have fun with that, parsing html is a joy in any language. It's catching btw, I just ordered one of my own. Can't let you have all the fun. Going to build me a google assistant I think.

SWBF2 is so tempting...looks amazing. I might see what the feedback from the Beta is like and go from there. 

BR2 sounds good. I'll check with the missus though as she was talking about seeing it together...we'll see if that still holds!

• Like 1

On 05/10/2017 at 5:11 PM, OldManDawsy said:

SWBF2 is so tempting...looks amazing.

I caved and played it yesterday, a lot. I have some major criticisms of it, really in 2 minds if I will buy it or not, I'm thinking probably not. Very pay to win style and you get creamed by people that have progressed further simply because they have better upgrades than you not because they're better players. I don't like that. 

On 05/10/2017 at 5:13 PM, OldManDawsy said:

Oh and did you see they're reopening the original BF2 servers for multiplayer??

I never played it.....I can imagine it will be full of die hards like you :) Now a resurrection of RTCW, that I would be very interested in.

On 05/10/2017 at 5:11 PM, OldManDawsy said:

Yeah have fun with that, parsing html is a joy in any language

Mmm, I'm so tempted to pull out my old perl script and just use that but it's not in the spirit of learning! Just need to find the right module...

On 05/10/2017 at 5:42 PM, DarK_RaideR said:

Python talk + NerdFitness = this

Hmm, slaying a dragon with my python...sounds like a scene from my twenties!!!

Week 3 was a good one. 

My wife and I have walked 6km's every day so far in October apart from Saturday, which we intentionally took off. Instead of having a drink together when she gets home from work now we go for a 6km walk, also good stress relief and a lot better for the midline. 

Last week I dropped 3.2kg's :D 

Positives:

- Work is also going well, not too stressful at the moment and am actually getting some decent rest. 

- I am back in the gym 3 times a week

- back is getting very very gradually better

- I'm actually doing my physio exercises 3-4 times a week

- one of my old friends invited me to his wedding

- I'm feeling happy :positive: 

- Last Jedi tix on sale tomorrow!

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Endor said:

- Last Jedi tix on sale tomorrow!

You might have fixed it quickly but I saw that hahahah Rogue One ;)

I like the walking instead of wine idea...might have to steal that one!

• Haha 1

So many good things in week 3 :) 

23 hours ago, Endor said:

Instead of having a drink together when she gets home from work now we go for a 6km walk

Nice choice!

• Like 1

On 11/10/2017 at 7:41 PM, DarK_RaideR said:

Spoiler sense tingling!

giphy.webp

This....

On 11/10/2017 at 12:26 AM, Kishi said:

THAT TRAILER, THO

I don't watch or see anything about the movie before I see it. No trailers no nothing. I'm already disappointed I saw a poster by accident!! 

• Like 1

I always enjoy trailers as a distinct work. I'm less worried about getting "spoiled" and more interested in "what is the message they are trying to send me about this?" For example the Pacific Rim trailer said "this is a movie about robots fighting monsters" so when I went and their were these really hokey interpersonal dramas it made me wonder, if it wasn't even worth talking about in the trailer, why are these here? I won't talk about the Star Wars trailer here but I think that after you see the movie it might be worth going back and watching this trailer and thinking about what promises it made and whether it kept them.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, The Most Loathed said:

I always enjoy trailers as a distinct work. I'm less worried about getting "spoiled" and more interested in "what is the message they are trying to send me about this?" For example the Pacific Rim trailer said "this is a movie about robots fighting monsters" so when I went and their were these really hokey interpersonal dramas it made me wonder, if it wasn't even worth talking about in the trailer, why are these here? I won't talk about the Star Wars trailer here but I think that after you see the movie it might be worth going back and watching this trailer and thinking about what promises it made and whether it kept them.

Interesting idea, I don't think I've ever gone back and watched a trailer after seeing the movie. I know what you mean about Pacific Rim though, a lot of unnecessary drivel in a film about robots fighting monsters.

On 17/10/2017 at 2:43 AM, Kishi said:

So! How'd it end up for you?

Just got back from my trip to Europe. 

In a much better place mentally now after seeing old friends and family. Physically not so much but now I'm ready to take that on again.

Big thank you to the Monks for seeing me through some difficult months, really appreciate the encouragement and the different perspectives I've heard here. Very honoured to have dwelt in your temple for a time. 

I'm returning to the Rangers for my next challenge, which is here

• Like 4