Hi There!

I'm Ratynda, and I couldn't be more of a newbie if I was just born. It's been years since I have overcome my shyness to join a forum of any kind, so I'm already one step ahead! I started reading Level Up Your Life about a week ago and immediately felt drawn to the philosophy of re-framing life as an adventure worth having, so I couldn't help but sniff out more info. Several sniffs later, here I am!

Over all, I could best describe my life to now as astoundingly normal in almost every way. I've always been a big gamer and had tried several fitness pursuits that ended up in the dump. For years I have lifted weights on a wavering but consistent basis, to some not-to-be-sneezed-at results, but ultimately I have never achieved the drastic results I used to dream of. This trend sort of carried over in my life as I sunk deeper and deeper into an MMORPG-shaped hole over my late college years and fell back on several physical, mental, and interpersonal skills that I could have - and should have - been learning.

Now that I'm graduated, I'm at my next threshold: I can either settle with my bland office starter job and a slow burnout of shallow relationships and hobbies, or I can dive head first into adventure and work towards improving and re-defining everything that I am.

Can you guess which one I chose?

Today, I live by two major mottos: "Do everything with intention" and "Let yourself be a prince before you become a king". I remind myself every day that I must actively participate in everything life offers, but also that I am allowed to be young and let myself discover new things without expecting myself to have perfected everything. Of late, I have re-ignited a fire for health and have branched out to try a number of different realms of fitness including yoga, meditation, weightlifting, and some weekend cardio. I may not know my exact path or destination yet, but I will make an adventure out of discovering it, working hard to be the best version of myself, and making plenty of like-minded friends along the way. Hopefully Some of you guys feel the same!

• Like 1

Welcome to Nerd Fitness, Ratynda! You've shown up at the perfect time, we're just about to begin a new Four Week Challenge on Sunday (or Monday, if you prefer -- some people do). 4WCs are a great way to get involved in the community, set a couple of personal goals, and start getting accountability and support right away. 

There are all kinds of resources and people here at Nerd Fitness, so hopefully you can find just what you need to succeed on your journey. If you have any questions, just ask! You can contact specific people through the PM system or by tagging them (@Wobbegong) or quoting them in your thread. 

Best of luck on your transformation and welcome again to Nerd Fitness :)