How Far I'll Go -Elastigirl

Elastigirl

12 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Besides the workout I did a few tries at wall handstand, and headstands. I can still do a headstand, even though it's been forever since I tried

Video of this? I would like to show Rocco because he has to practice handstands, headstands and wa-wiele (cart wheels?) for dance. I see when I tell him about my friends on NF who manages to do these things, it usually inspires him to try (harder). And then you have yet another young-one who is in awe of what you can do :D

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

5 hours ago, annyshay said:

So...I think I want to start playing around with headstands (while my arm strength is building), but am absolutely terrified of breaking my neck. Any good tutorials or scaling stuff that you've used? 

Weirdly, the first time I tried headstands I was able to do them. Which was nice for confidence building, but then convinced me everything should be that easy, and it took me 6 months to be able to do the crow. I figured GMB would have something, and they did not disappoint:

https://gmb.io/inverted-leg-raise/

6 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Video of this? I would like to show Rocco because he has to practice handstands, headstands and wa-wiele (cart wheels?) for dance. I see when I tell him about my friends on NF who manages to do these things, it usually inspires him to try (harder). And then you have yet another young-one who is in awe of what you can do :D

Not this time. I will though. I need to anyway, so the GMB coaches can look at it.

• Like 4

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

The apple maggots made me sad.

Me too:(

In order to stop them, you put stocking on them.So next year all our apples will each have their own stocking to wear:)

• Like 4

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Got my haircut today. Since it is getting to be fall, I had it cut shorter. I like it shorter in the winter so it dries faster, and I'm not putting it in a ponytail. Now I look more like Elastigirl again. Bummer news. The hair salon  has been sold to developers. It is in this cute little remodeled house. A bunch of cute houses, now businesses, on the block.They've all been sold to  apartments. I feel like my whole cute town is being turned into apartments.:( The good news is my hair stylist has bought a business, it is about 15 minutes drive away,so I can still have her cut my hair. But I can't walk there anymore. 

After I got my hair cut, I walked to the coffee shop that has really good Kumbucha. I bought ginger Kumbucha and a salad. The friends  I used to go out and eat lunch with decided they just want to do brown bag lunches, since going out to eat is so expensive.Which is all fine, but I kind of looked forward to eating out on occasion. I brought my Kindle, read, and enjoyed my lunch. The Kumbucha was good, the salad meh. It had eggs and bacon and was supposed to have avocado. The guy making the salad said when he cut into the avococado, it was hard, so would it be alright if just had extra bacon and eggs? I said sure. But even with " extra"  it seemed like there was only one egg, diced super small, and a little bacon. After I got home, I had a protein smoothie. Still planning on going to other places out for lunch on occasion, even if all my friends are broke and can't afford it. I'll just go by myself.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

The hair salon  has been sold to developers. It is in this cute little remodeled house. A bunch of cute houses, now businesses, on the block.They've all been sold to  apartments. I feel like my whole cute town is being turned into apartments.:( The good news is my hair stylist has bought a business, it is about 15 minutes drive away,so I can still have her cut my hair. But I can't walk there anymore.

Oh no! But glad you can still go to the same lady.

Still planning on going to other places out for lunch on occasion, even if all my friends are broke and can't afford it. I'll just go by myself.

Maybe see it as a personal treat? What about buying a "picnic" lunch for yourself, and the others pack their own lunches, and you have a picnic somewhere? That way you don't have to make your own lunch, but they can, and you all still get out a bit?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Maybe see it as a personal treat? What about buying a "picnic" lunch for yourself, and the others pack their own lunches, and you have a picnic somewhere? That way you don't have to make your own lunch, but they can, and you all still get out a bit?

Do the picnic thing. My friends and I did this during residency and it was AMAZING. Also, fun eating outside in cool places.

• Like 1

Love as thou wilt.

10 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Me too

In order to stop them, you put stocking on them.So next year all our apples will each have their own stocking to wear

I've read this about the apples and keep thinking I should try it. I'll be anxious to hear how it works out for you next year.  

• Like 1

suzyQlou * Ranger    

Old Challenges: #1(2015) * #2 * #3(push ups) * #4 * #5(food) * #6 * #7(2016)* #8(nerdiversary) * #9 * 10(animal) * Battle Log * 11(2017) * 12(garden) * 13 * 14(biking) * 15 * 16  * 17  * 18 * 19(2018) * 20(2019) * 21

3 hours ago, annyshay said:

Do the picnic thing. My friends and I did this during residency and it was AMAZING. Also, fun eating outside in cool places.

That sounds fun. I enjoy eating outside

8 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

I might do that. We usually brown bag it  at my house, since we are all gathered there for prayer. I'm thinking this spring I'll suggest the picnic idea. We have some nice parks in the area that would be fun to eat at.

• Like 4

That sounds fun. I enjoy eating outside

I might do that. We usually brown bag it  at my house, since we are all gathered there for prayer. I'm thinking this spring I'll suggest the picnic idea. We have some nice parks in the area that would be fun to eat at.

Oh yes, you are hitting the cold months now. Too bad you don't have a fireplace. I can see holding a picnic in front of a nice fire, blanket on the floor and all. When I still worked for forestry on the one plantation an old house was made into the plantation office. One winter lunch time we made a fire in the small hearth, one of the foresters brought a grid/grill, another had bought wors (sausage) for all of us, and we had a braai in the office :D Whatever you do, cold or sunshine, you can buy something for yourself, and although you are not getting out, you are still having a treat. Or maybe... if you wouldn't mind a theme, make bible food.

• Like 2

I'll jump in on recommending a purchased picnic.  We did that for our birthday cruise ... got a picnic basket filled with sandwiches, salad, and dessert from one of the really good restaurants.  It was a wonderful treat!

• Like 4

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

18 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Oh yes, you are hitting the cold months now. Too bad you don't have a fireplace. I can see holding a picnic in front of a nice fire, blanket on the floor and all. When I still worked for forestry on the one plantation an old house was made into the plantation office. One winter lunch time we made a fire in the small hearth, one of the foresters brought a grid/grill, another had bought wors (sausage) for all of us, and we had a braai in the office :D Whatever you do, cold or sunshine, you can buy something for yourself, and although you are not getting out, you are still having a treat. Or maybe... if you wouldn't mind a theme, make bible food.

This sounds idyllic. :)

• Like 1

Love as thou wilt.

22 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

That sounds fun

13 hours ago, Chris-Tien Jinn said:

I'll jump in on recommending a purchased picnic.  We did that for our birthday cruise ... got a picnic basket filled with sandwiches, salad, and dessert from one of the really good restaurants.  It was a wonderful treat!

What a fun idea!

• Like 1

Friday- morning routine, meh not so good, dawdled around and didn't start my day until late. One of those days that it was hard to get motivated. I did get my workout in, go for a walk, and cleaned up the guest room and downstairs since we are having family spend the night next week. It was a really pretty day, in the 60's, so I wore my shorts on the walk. Today we are going geocaching. I also ate too much junk. I bought a dark chocolate bar,which the idea is to just have a square, but I kept eating it. And then I was bringing fruit and some coconut whipped cream to our community group, which was a planned treat. But I had some of the coco whip earlier in the day, and more in the evening. Maybe I need to up my fat intake, I am just struggling with the sugar cravings right now. 

• Like 5

On 9/21/2017 at 11:13 PM, Elastigirl said:

Got my haircut today. Since it is getting to be fall, I had it cut shorter. I like it shorter in the winter so it dries faster, and I'm not putting it in a ponytail. Now I look more like Elastigirl again. Bummer news. The hair salon  has been sold to developers. It is in this cute little remodeled house. A bunch of cute houses, now businesses, on the block.They've all been sold to  apartments. I feel like my whole cute town is being turned into apartments.:( The good news is my hair stylist has bought a business, it is about 15 minutes drive away,so I can still have her cut my hair. But I can't walk there anymore. 

Our town is experiencing growth like this.  At least 10 complexes have popped up in the last year (Some 55+, some regular).  But we live in an area where the only jobs are things with  retail/tourism, a college/schools, and a hospital.  There has not been the job growth to keep up with all the people coming here permanently.  Glad your hairstylist is still in business though!!!

1 hour ago, Elastigirl said:

Today we are going geocaching.

Goecaching sounds awesome.  I want to try it!!  Hope you have fun!!

• Like 1

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

Human Bard: CON 2, WIS 5, INT 1, CHA 2

Current Challenge: Nova Levels Up (and maybe doesn't abandon a challenge...)

Coconut whipped cream sounds super interesting- do you just whip coconut cream with a mixer thingy or do you need to add stuff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Stribs said:

Our town is experiencing growth like this.  At least 10 complexes have popped up in the last year (Some 55+, some regular).  But we live in an area where the only jobs are things with  retail/tourism, a college/schools, and a hospital.  There has not been the job growth to keep up with all the people coming here permanently.  Glad your hairstylist is still in business though!!!

Goecaching sounds awesome.  I want to try it!!  Hope you have fun!!

I think jobs are growing too.There is tech businesses, and we are right near the freeway, so not too far from Microsoft, which is where there is a lot of growth. 

9 hours ago, Salinger said:

Enjoy your day EG!! x

Thanks. I had a lovely day. geocaching and then over to friends for dinner and game night.

7 hours ago, Yasha92 said:

Coconut whipped cream sounds super interesting- do you just whip coconut cream with a mixer thingy or do you need to add stuff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I buy it at the store. It has sugar in it. I've mixed it myself sometimes, but the store bought has more of a real whip cram like texture.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

But I had some of the coco whip earlier in the day, and more in the evening. Maybe I need to up my fat intake, I am just struggling with the sugar cravings right now.

More fat usually helps me with sugar cravings.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

More fat usually helps me with sugar cravings.

Same here. I think I'll lower the carbs a bit and add some  fat in. 

• Like 1

This week's workouts were super fun. Elements had me doing variations of the basic movements. I did Spider-Man crawl and Banzai frogger. Banzai frogger is frogger with a vertical jump. Super fun. Saturday was an awesome day. Geocaching during the day. Just some wooded trails around a neighborhood.Then over to my friend's house for chili and game night. Sunday was church, some grocery shopping, and then dance with our church. Our dance teacher (who is fantastic) said that no one starts off as a good dancer, it is a skill which we all need to learn. That is one thing I've learned in the past few years. I just assumed I was uncoordinated and not a bad mover. But the truth was I was just never trained a I didn't learn the skill. Our gym classes basically all assumed you already knew how to do the skills. My dancing has improved. She taught us some new moves, some of which we got, and some where we struggled. Now when I struggle I just laugh and enjoy it

• Like 9

On 2017-09-22 at 0:07 AM, elizevdmerwe said:

Man I love this idea so much I'm going to try it with my friends. 

• Like 2

:bee:

This too shall pass