How Far I'll Go -Elastigirl

Elastigirl

2 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Congratulations!! What are you going to work on next?

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

6 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

Congratulations!! What are you going to work on next?

I think I'm doing Intergral Stregnth, GMB's bodyweight program

1 hour ago, VanGrrl57 said:

Good for you, Elastigirl! :D 

thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

21 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Poor Fred:lol: Khan Academy works very well fro a supplementary resource. It has these quizzes you can take before you do the unit, and then it tells you what sections you need to work on. You can also just watch the video's which are really good. I had supplemented with it that way before, when I didn't get an explanation in the Life of Fred book.But I need to finish this LoF book so I can see if he is able to make it back to the university.:)

Ja, poor Fred indeed! I don't think I'll tell the boys, they would be horrified. Even though we don't use Fred as our main math curr anymore, I was still planning on reading the stories to them. Luckily Algebra is way off in the future. I've heard a lot of great things about Khan Academy, but never took the time to have a closer look.

19 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Finished Elements training program.

Woot! Woot!

• Like 1

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

11 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

I think I'm doing Intergral Stregnth, GMB's bodyweight program

Oooooh, I'm really interested in that program. I can't wait to hear how it goes!

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

Congrats on finishing elements!!  Can't wait to see what is in store with your next challenge!!

• Like 1

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

Human Bard: CON 2, WIS 5, INT 1, CHA 2

Current Challenge: Nova Levels Up (and maybe doesn't abandon a challenge...)

Congrats on finishing it :)

Bent arm bear is really a killer.. the coordination necessary is just lost on me! 

Integral strength sounds nice. I've been thinking about doing rings 1.. you've done that right?

KB Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and an excellent coach

2023 goals tracker; cycling: 1047,7/5000km & reading to my kids: 58/365 days (updated may 1st)

my instagram - my gym's instagram

2 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Congrats on finishing it :)

Bent arm bear is really a killer.. the coordination necessary is just lost on me! 

Integral strength sounds nice. I've been thinking about doing rings 1.. you've done that right?

Thanks, makes me feel better that you struggle with the bent arm bear too. I love Rings 1. I'm doing it again in the spring ( my rings are outdoor)

5 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Awesome job on finishing the program! :D 

6 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Ja, poor Fred indeed! I don't think I'll tell the boys, they would be horrified. Even though we don't use Fred as our main math curr anymore, I was still planning on reading the stories to them. Luckily Algebra is way off in the future. I've heard a lot of great things about Khan Academy, but never took the time to have a closer look.

Woot! Woot!

Spoiler alert: Fred is let out of jail:lol: Fun to still read the stories. What math curr are you using now. You should look into Khan Academy, it gives you badges and points for each thing you complete, if you need to supplement with more practice, it's a fun,and well explained, way to do it

5 hours ago, annyshay said:

Congrats on finishing the program and refocusing your intentions regarding movement. ENJOY Integral Strength. Rawr.

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Stribs said:

Congrats on finishing elements!!  Can't wait to see what is in store with your next challenge!!

Thanks! 

• Like 1

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

3 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

Thanks, makes me feel better that you struggle with the bent arm bear too. I love Rings 1. I'm doing it again in the spring ( my rings are outdoor)

You have no idea. Maybe I could sneak you a video of some of the people at our gym so you can feel loads better about yourself ;):D

Not sure I remember correctly, but you can do a pull-up right? Do you think it's necessary before starting rings 1? I used to have 5, but now I only have one on good days :D

• Like 1

KB Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and an excellent coach

2023 goals tracker; cycling: 1047,7/5000km & reading to my kids: 58/365 days (updated may 1st)

my instagram - my gym's instagram

Challenge Summary

Goal : Moana learns to ride the waves

Upside down, spin  three times a week-

At the end of October we will be taking a trip to Disneyland and Universal Studios, where we will ride roller coasters.  For a lot of my life I avoided roller coasters. Now I think they are kind of fun. But my  stomach needs a bit more convincing. The  best way for me to convince my body that spinning on a ride is fun, is to spend some time spinning. It will also help me in the spring when I train on the rings. Goal is to do some sort of  rolling or spinning move  3 times a week. That may include; forward rolls, back rolls , skin the cat,  etc

2 points each day, 2 bonus points for a perfect week

Last week I only did it once. Elements was 6 days.I had time to do a few forward rolls, but with the Elements schedule change, I just forgot.

8 points week 1

8 points week 2

8 points week 3

2 points  week 4

Points =26

Goal: Moana learns new skills and completes her journey

Completed by the end of challenge

10 points for each/ 5 points for half way completion

Finish through pg 145-I’ve lost momentum on this and need to get it back  complete, sort of, I didn't get through pg 145 because I decided to review with Khan Academy, but the main goal was to work on my math and I did consistently = 10 points

Choose pictures for scrapbook  part way = 5 points

Finish Elements GMB program= = 10 points

Week 41 of my Bible reading program

Write a list of the home remodel projects/discuss with hubby prioritize them

Write a list of to-do’s for vacation = 10 points

Finish to do’s for vacation 10 points

Swimming 2 times (1 time is 5 points)

Mulch laid on garden bed

Bonus: 10 points

Plan out scrapbook pages

Finish through pages 145

Start remodel task

80 points Moana has returned the hear to the goddess and sailed home.Prize earned. 50 points returned the stone, but has not returned home,choose a small prize

total 71 points, small prize Moana has returned the stone, but her journey continues

Bonus beat the sugar dragon earned $14 for her Kindle Fund, I bought book 1 and 2 of The Reckoners series by Brandon Sanderson

Challenge thoughts :  

I thought I would like a list of things to do, but in reality it just made me feel overwhelmed and behind. I actually did get a lot of work, but somehow having the list made me feel as if I needed it all done.I just feel like I've been putting a lot of pressure on myself lately, thinking I have to advance faster in my workouts, be perfect with calorie tracking, and do ALL the Things.  Next challenge I'm on vacation for the first couple of weeks. I'm going to take this challenge to just be more of a battle log. I'll do the things, and tell you all about them, and remember I do them because they make me feel better, not to achieve some sort of perfection award.

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, KB Girl said:

You have no idea. Maybe I could sneak you a video of some of the people at our gym so you can feel loads better about yourself ;):D

Not sure I remember correctly, but you can do a pull-up right? Do you think it's necessary before starting rings 1? I used to have 5, but now I only have one on good days :D

They recommend  being able to do 5. But, I think you have the upper body strength . They actually start out with assisted pull ups on rings, so it might be a good way to build back up. When I started rings I could consistently 3 or  4.

• Like 1

Congrats on completing the elements! Now you will be the avatar master bender of all 4 kingdoms! 

\o/

• Like 1

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

17 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Spoiler alert: Fred is let out of jail:lol: Fun to still read the stories. What math curr are you using now. You should look into Khan Academy, it gives you badges and points for each thing you complete, if you need to supplement with more practice, it's a fun,and well explained, way to do it

Uh, the boys really do like badges and points. We are using Math U See at the moment. The videos are the best thing ever for the two boys, and the fact that they focus on two concepts at a time, for instance addition and subtraction in full, and only after that multiplication and division.

• Like 1

having the list made me feel as if I needed it all done

That's how I feel as well, so my lists are only for those things that have to be done.

I'll do the things, and tell you all about them, and remember I do them because they make me feel better, not to achieve some sort of perfection award

That sounds like the right focus.