cocainegame's introduction

Hello,

I'm here because I want to actually change my life. I have high functioning autism and quit most things I enjoyed because the social stress was too high for me. 

I have gradually become about 5 pounds overweight, which may not seem like much, but I can't let this continue. I'm 21 years old and have enough athletic capabilities that I should be able to reverse this and prevent it from happening again. I'm in my last semester of university and would like to reform my habits. I believe I'm strongly willed enough to be able to do it, as well.

My main issue with exercise was social pressure. I cannot work out in gyms because of all the noises, lights, people, etc. I finally found some good online workouts and have been doing them in my house. I feel better after each one, and I believe they're helping. I'll be participating in the upcoming challenge and hope to succeed. 

My turning point was when I was abusing Ambien to an unhealthy extent. It started as me being interested in what tripping out on Ambien felt like. It quickly spiraled into an every night occurrence, and I started to take higher and higher doses. When I ran out of my monthly prescription 3 weeks early, I realized that I needed a change. I've been two weeks off of Ambien and have finally reverted back into my non-zombie form. I'm still physically dependent on benzodiazepines, but there is a more legitimate purpose, and I take a minimal dose under direction of a doctor. I'm hoping to get to wean off of those, as well.

• Like 1

Welcome to Nerd Fitness, cocainegame! Sounds like you've come to the right place. :)

What kinds of goals are you thinking about pursuing during the challenge period? Mostly focused on exercise, or a mix of exercise and nutrition, or...? You can find the newcomers' challenges posted here, and take a look for inspiration if you think it'll help. Hazard, the Guild Leader for newcomers, will also be happy to help you fine-tune your goals if you need. 

Let us know if there's anything we can do to help, and best of luck on your challenge and with your benzodiazepines! You got this!