James' Nerd Fitness Introduction

Hi everyone!

I've been reading Nerd Fitness for some time now but found it was time to officially join the Rebellion! First off I'll tell you all a bit about myself and explain my reasons for joining. I'm 24 years old, living in Alberta and working a full time job. I just moved here at the beginning of July, 2017. I grew up in Nova Scotia and being in a small town I played a lot of sports in high school. I played hockey, soccer, football, table tennis, and in University I started going to the gym sporadically and playing softball in the summer. After high school, I took Civil Engineering in University and graduated this past June. 

Besides being active growing up I was also pretty nerdy (although I don't think a lot of people knew the extent of my nerdiness growing up). I like to read quite a bit (LOTR, HP, GoT, Pendragon series, Inheritance Cycle, Ready Player One, and just starting the Wheel of TIme Series, etc..) and I've seen my fair share of movies and TV shows! I could talk about Harry Potter, LOTR, and Game of Thrones for hours haha. Even started to read some HP fanfiction this summer after stumbling up a pretty interesting read (https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10552564/1/Dudley-s-Daughter). Besides that I enjoy pretty much any kind of music, going out with friends (house parties > bars), biking, camping, swimming, and most outdoor activities to be honest!

Anyway, my reason for joining was that although hitting some big accomplishments this summer (graduating University, moving across the country, and starting my career) I felt like something was missing. I've always had a decent amount of friends in school and we'd get together pretty often to play softball, go bowling, play pool, and party together. However, since moving I haven't really met anyone outside of work. So I decided enough was enough and I was going to make more of an effort to meet new people and get my fitness back on track at the same time! Since I'm going to be away from town quite a bit over the next month for work and joining a softball league or the gym wasn't really an option I decided to join the rebellion (Rawr!) and the current 4 week challenge (check it out below).

I'm hoping to crush this challenge and get back into a healthy lifestyle, and potentially meet some like-minded people along the way! 

Anyway, that's it for now. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

• Like 2