Hi everyone!

I've been lurking on the Nerd Fitness website for a few weeks now, so it's about time I joined :) I have a habit of writing essays, so will try and keep this short(er)...

I'm 27 from Sydney Australia, working full-time in university admin and completing postgraduate studies part-time. I have many hobbies including D&D, NSOing for roller derby, music (I'm learning the shamisen at the moment but play viola, violin and a few others), Japanese language/culture, video games/MMOs and lots more.

My husband is going to be trying out some health changes in the next few weeks (we're both overweight), and I'm also keen to try to make some of my own and stick to them so I can support him too. We're also really hoping to try and have kids in the next year or two, so that's probably our big quest goal in becoming healthier. However, I have a few things that make my fitness goals a bit tricky - three chronic immune diseases being Type 1 Diabetes (insulin pump), Coeliac Disease and Necrobiosis Lipoidica Diabeticorum (yeah...only google that if you like zombie gore, haha). Some good news though - for the first time in 22 years of having Type 1, my hBA1C has consistently been below 7 for about a year now, however it's come at a bit of a cost weight-wise (I've put on about 10-15 kilos) and am in a pretty crappy headspace about it (plus having a random stranger ask when you're due doesn't help either...#notpregnant) :(

We're also living with my in-laws to save for a house, which throws another curveball into the mix.

I just want to find something that sticks and helps me become healthier and happier: a few years ago when I joined a gym I got to under 100kgs (though my diabetes and overall health was terrible during this)...I'd love to get back to being under 100kg if I could and not risk my health like last time. At this stage, I'm planning on doing my first 4 week challenge during the challenge 9 timeframe, as I'm going to be overseas in Japan for a music camp prior.

I'm really eager to hear from anyone who also has a couple of immune diseases and how you manage - having that support would be such a motivator. Where I grew up, the only other Type 1 Diabetics I knew were both personal trainers and extremely slim, so I haven't had the chance to meet Type 1 Diabetics who struggle with their weight like I do.

Nice meeting you all and looking forward to sharing this journey with you :)

Welcome, and I read posts like yours and I am amazed at the courage you and others have going for this.  I have none of those problems but have allowed myself to become VERY unfit, and overweight.  I have no excuses such as a chronic disease to prevent me from going for it.   I see you and think t myself if she has the courage and will to try and make positive changes I damn sure can.  Thanks for being Inspiring!

TANSTAAFL!

TANSTAAFL!   

What is not gained through labor is paid for in pride!

STR 8/DEX 4/CON 6/INT 8/WIS 8/CHA 6

BATTLE LOG: GREG T and The Temple Of Fe

Greg T. Proclaims " To mediocrity and Beyond! 2018"

GregT MFP Food Diary

GregT's Spotify Lists

Great Ginger,

I have to remind myself everyday, today is what counts, not yesterday or tomorrow but how I do today.  I had the day off and still got up at 0400 and did my daily routine, it was the Today counts that actually got me out of bed.  That and remembering I have today off and I can take a nap if I want to.

TANSTAAFL!   

What is not gained through labor is paid for in pride!

STR 8/DEX 4/CON 6/INT 8/WIS 8/CHA 6

BATTLE LOG: GREG T and The Temple Of Fe

Greg T. Proclaims " To mediocrity and Beyond! 2018"

GregT MFP Food Diary

GregT's Spotify Lists