VanGrrl57--Second 4-Week Challenge--Building Endurance by Walking in the Snow, Sleet, Hail, Rain, or Whatever.

VanGrrl57

I'm posting this early in the AM since that seems to be the best time to get online here lately. SIGH! That satellite Internet we have here is a pain in the butt! 

Our little EDR (Employees' Dining Room) opened up and the new EDR personnel that are in charge have been making some awesome meals as well as all sorts of healthier options. :D It's getting down to the wire around here and to me, having those healthier food options are helping. I'm hoping to lose another 10 pounds by the time I go back for my daughter's wedding. Exercise is going well although I probably won't be able to go outside for my walk today due to questionable weather plus it's COLD! It was 20 degrees according to the outside thermometer. I'm glad I have my Walk at Home DVDs with me. :D I'm also finding that it's getting easier for me to do the Kettle-bell workouts that Elastigirl told me about. Thanks Elastigirl! :D I am not planning on doing strength training as it's a rest day today, though. I also am really appreciating the time that I am spending for my quiet/prayer/meditation, too. It's getting closer to shut down for the winter, yet as our store is the only place in the interior of the park to eat, it's getting busier. Having that quiet/prayer/meditation time is great. Helps keep me sane. LOL! 

Well, I go into work early today so I will end this. I also got in 20 regular push ups for the mini-challenge. I have been doing the knee push ups but decided to try and see if I can do the regular ones---did 10 the day before yesterday and also did 10 yesterday. 

Have a blessed day! 

• Like 5
9 minutes ago, VanGrrl57 said:

Well, I go into work early today so I will end this. I also got in 20 regular push ups for the mini-challenge. I have been doing the knee push ups but decided to try and see if I can do the regular ones---did 10 the day before yesterday and also did 10 yesterday. 

This is amazing well done!

• Like 2

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

That is too cold for October, ha.  It's still like 80 here some days.  Also, you beast!  Great job on the push ups!

• Like 1

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

Human Bard: CON 2, WIS 5, INT 1, CHA 2

Current Challenge: Nova Levels Up (and maybe doesn't abandon a challenge...)

Thanks to all for all the support! It means a lot. :D 

To wrap up this challenge, I think overall I did okay. :D I learned that I need to heed my old body and pay attention to the "aches and pains!" ROFL! However, only to a certain extent! I don't want to let my old body rule me. LOL! I also learned that I CAN do regular push ups. LOL! I did not really think I could do them at my age but I surprised myself which is good. :D I have also noticed my endurance is getting stronger, although I still believe I can eventually do better. Oh well! This will improve as I continue my journey to better fitness. 

What really helped me was making sure that no matter what, I had my quiet/prayer/meditation time. I find that when things go to hell, taking a moment to compose myself helps. Heck! I even got Shelby to start practicing Yoga which is great! As tall as he is (6'5"), well, it's fun watching him do Downward Facing Dog! ROFL! :D 

Food was okay but I still love those Pop Tarts and pizza rolls, Sloth! :D I have learned this: if I try to deny myself whatever it is I'm wanting, I'm gonna screw up. Therefore, I won't deny myself but I do practice moderation. I am hoping that I can continue to make healthier food choices even when the season is over here at Yellowstone. The EDR cooks here, for the most part, have been awesome at preparing healthy food options. Luckily, I enjoy cooking so I am looking forward to continuing what I have picked up from them. :D 

Yeah, it's been a fun challenge. :D  Onward to the next one! 

• Like 5

Woohoo on the pushups!!! Glad you like kettlebells.  NIce on the prayer/meditation/quiet time habit too- you're right that is very important.

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

13 hours ago, VanGrrl57 said:

Yeah, it's been a fun challenge. :D  Onward to the next one! 

yay for all the good stuff done here! Can't wait for your next one! 

• Like 1

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

I am also in the same boat with denying myself things.  It never works!  Glad you found you were able to push yourself a bit beyond what you thought you could it...that's awesome!  See you in the next challenge!!

• Like 1

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

Human Bard: CON 2, WIS 5, INT 1, CHA 2

Current Challenge: Nova Levels Up (and maybe doesn't abandon a challenge...)