maegs needs a title

maegs

I'm carrying over similar goals from the last challenge, and adding a couple, and rearranging things a bit

Previous Challenge

Stats

STR - 31.75 | DEX - 49 | STA - 49.75 | CON - 82 | WIS - 55 | CHA - 50.5

• Weight - 162lb
  • Waist - 29.25"
  • Belly - 33"
  • Hips - 38.75"
  • Thigh - 22.25"
  • Body Fat - 26.45%

Goals

Goal 1: Sleep

tenor.gif

Sleep is the foundation of everything, and it’s time that I buckle down and just do it properly. I know it effects my abilities mentally and physically, because I’m always tired, so it’s time to see what I can do when I’m sleeping enough. I wake up at 5:30am during the week (sometimes 6:30am if I’m extra tired), so that’s going to drive my bedtimes. I’m not sure how much sleep I actually do need, so I’m going to start with an 11pm bedtime (6.5 hours sleep) and see how that goes. If I need to, I’ll move it earlier in stages until I hit a good spot. CON +3

Goal 2: Cardio

vvmnfhdaublx.gif

Yep, for some reason I decided to play a sport that’s cardio-heavy… and then voluntarily decided to go play an even more cardio-intensive version of that sport on Thanksgiving/Oktoberfest weekend (Canadian Thanksgiving = beginning of October). So I have to do cardio between now and then, because in the last month and a half I’ve done basically none, especially compared to the amount I was doing from May-July between playing rugby, practicing rugby, and riding my bike to rugby. I’m thinking 2x 5k, 3x intervals/HITT/sprints, and 1x something else - maybe swimming. The weekend of week 3 and all of week 4 will be a bit different due to Thanksgiving/visiting Stratford/Ottawa adventures. STA +3

• Week 1
    • Monday - weights/intervals
    • Tuesday - weights
    • Wednesday - 
    • Thursday - weights/intervals
    • Friday - 5k
    • Saturday - intervals
    • Sunday - 5k/swim
  • Week 2
    • Monday - weights
    • Tuesday - weights/intervals
    • Wednesday - 5k
    • Friday - 5k
    • Saturday - intervals
    • Sunday - swim
  • Week 3
    • Monday - weights/intervals
    • Tuesday - weights
    • Wednesday - 5k
    • Friday - 5k
    • Saturday - Oktoberfest rugby 10s
    • Sunday - Oktoberfest/Thanksgiving
  • Week 4
    • Monday - Thanksgiving [weights/intervals?]
    • Tuesday - weights
    • Wednesday - 5k
    • Thursday - weights
    • Friday - Ottawa
    • Saturday - Ottawa
    • Sunday - Ottawa

Goal 3: Food

tumblr_lusexl33BO1qhei2io1_500.gif

Track my food, hit my macros. 2-3 variances a week, depending how big the variance is. Log it, track it, and make sure it’s worth it - quality variances only! Meal prepping is going to be a big part of this one. CON +3

Goal 4: Mobility

tenor.gif

I have 3 key lower body and 2 key upper body mobility protocols that have really been working for me. Ideally I would do all 3 lower body at a time, and/or both upper body ones, but it takes a bit of time to get through everything, so instead my goal will be to do either my upper or lower body protocols every day. DEX +3

Goal 5: The List

q03KG.gif

WIS +3

• Finish going through clothes/inventorying
    • Left side of closet - upper and lower
    • PJs
    • Bras
    • Shoes
    • Outerwear
    • Purses
  • Do some baby knitting - socks, mitts, etc.
  • Go through makeup
  • Clean out espresso maker
  • Go through kitchen cabinets - especially the cupboard where all my plastic bags are and the cupboard where my beer/wine empties are
  • Update workout log from notes on phone

Unofficial Goals

• Grease the Groove - use the damn pull-up bar!
  • More NF! Regular updates here and more keeping up with other people's challenges

The Road So Far

Week 1:

• 11pm bedtime 0/7
  • Intervals 3/3
  • 5k 0/2
  • Swim 0/1
  • Macros 4.5/7
  • Mobility 6/7
  • Pullups - tried to remember to do them, semi-successful
  • NF - posted here or in other people's threads 5/7 days

Week 2:

• 11pm bedtime 0/7
  • Intervals 2/3
  • 5k 0/1
  • Swim 0/1
  • Macros 4/7
  • Mobility 6/7
  • Pullups 2/7
  • NF 4/7

Week 3:

• 11pm bedtime 2/7
  • Intervals 1/2
  • 5k 2/2
  • Macros 4.5/7
  • Mobility 4/7
  • Pullups 0/7
  • NF 1/7 I think? Forgot about tracking this

Week 4:

• 11pm bedtime 1/7
  • 5k 1/1 (replaced with group training)
  • Macros 2/7
  • Mobility 3/7
  • Pullups 0/7
  • NF 3/7
  • Like 4

How about instead of "maegs needs a title" you go with "maegs needs no title" or "Titles? We don't need no stinking titles," or "a maegs has no title"

• Like 6

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

1 hour ago, maegs said:

I meant a title for my thread, but if you insist...

I know - this can be both ;) you're normally very bad ass, especially when you lift heavy stuff! And for crying out loud, you play rugby! Ok not at the moment, but that is very impressive. Otherwise what Tank said?

• Like 3

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

WOOT WOOT! Loving the challenge and prep work for the upcoming Canadian Thanksgiving game! A long run with some interval sprints each week should help do the trick over the course of the challenge. I'm rooting for ya, Maegs!

Wolf

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Follow follow follow!

LEVEL ONE APPRENTICE WIZARD RANGER: HUMAN UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE

Achievements Unlocked:  Breakfast Warrior, Pushupapalooza, Quadruple Nanomaster, Return From the Dead, Gainful Employment, Leap of Faith, Minimalism Game, Get Thee Behind Me, Coffee, Camp Nerd Fitness 2015, Return From the Dead 2: The Undeadening, Gainful Employment 2: Boss Edition, Fancy Comics Person, Rogue Hair

Tumblr of VERY INTERESTING ART: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/radicalwizardtimes

On 9/17/2017 at 5:42 PM, elizevdmerwe said:

I know - this can be both ;) you're normally very bad ass, especially when you lift heavy stuff! And for crying out loud, you play rugby! Ok not at the moment, but that is very impressive. Otherwise what Tank said?

On 9/17/2017 at 6:02 PM, Elastigirl said:

Nice challenge!

7 hours ago, Twilight said:

Following!! So organized!

Hai guys! :D  Now I just have to stay organized :P 

On 9/17/2017 at 6:58 PM, obax said:

I certainly breathe hard afterwards, so I say yes!

Now I just have to keep it up for 15 minutes at a time :P 

On 9/17/2017 at 8:59 PM, Xena said:

Feeling completely inadequate after seeing the yoga gif you posted! Partly wanted to remind all of us, that yoga can be super beneficial at any level. And partly wanted to try and figure out what the hell I could do to be able to move like that.

That gif is like, my goal's goals haha .. One day I'll be able to backbend like that! (one day far, far in the future)

7 hours ago, Wild Wolf said:

WOOT WOOT! Loving the challenge and prep work for the upcoming Canadian Thanksgiving game! A long run with some interval sprints each week should help do the trick over the course of the challenge. I'm rooting for ya, Maegs!

Wolf

Thanks Wolf! I saw you had some running goals too, I'll be checking in on you! :P 

7 hours ago, rowan said:

Follow follow follow!

Hi hi hi! :D 

• Like 3

https://vtt.tumblr.com/tumblr_owhu1qNN7M1r0j06z_480.mp4

Can't get it to embed but this video is all of us :D 

Today was a pretty good start to the challenge. I went to the gym in the morning to do weights, but my wrist was being twingy and then an old thumb injury flared up as it does on rare occasions. I sprained/strained it years ago, and now sometimes the tendon (I guess) that bends the top joint/squeezes in hurts when I use it, just between the top joint and the hand/thumb joint (I think it's the tendon of the flexor pollicis longus in the picture below). It doesn't happen often but when it happens it's a bitch. So then it became a mobility session of trying to fix my wrist and my thumb - sadly the only thing I've found so far that helps my thumb is just waiting for it to chill out again :/ 

a00b58c9b0fe3a18c53ff8684806c25d--hand-a

After that I headed to work, where I had a whole nother adventure! On the weekend they had shut down all power to the building to do work, and when they powered it back up I guess 5 of the 6 mid-rise (6th-22nd floor) elevators weren't working! So there was a huge line waiting for those elevators. I work on 22, so I could have gone up to 23 and walked down, but I needed to get to the showers on 7 first. I was planning to go to 23 and walk down, since it seemed like it would be faster than waiting, but then it happened that the first elevator that came on the high-rise side (23-35) was the service elevator, which stops at 6 because that's where the elevator to the loading docks is! So I was able to go to 6, walk up to 7, get cleaned up, walk back down to 6, get the service elevator to 23, and walk down to 22, and only be a few minutes late!  We had some more elevator adventures throughout the morning, but eventually they got everything working again (for now, this building seems to always have something going on).

After work I went back to the gym to do cardio. I walked for a couple or three minutes, then jogged a bit, then did 3 rounds of (20s on/10s off)x8 with a 2 minute break in between rounds. Afterwards I walked for a few more minutes to cool down a bit. It wasn't as bad as I expected, so I kept putting up the speed on the treadmill. Next time I'll have to start with a higher speed!

The rest of the night can be summed up as shower/dinner/NF, and very shortly, bed :) 

• Like 6

That's beautiful. You are very talented.

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 11   Charisma 14   Strength 18  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Lol at that video! Typically me after a hard garden work out.

Your top is beautiful! You've inspired my mom to try out the circular needle set I bought her.

So sorry about your thumb and wrist, I really hope the injury settles down soon.

All the elevator craziness! A lot of walking, planning, and decisions, decisions, decisions :D

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

That video! haha

Can you massage the tendon in your thumb and stretch it really gently? I've got one on my left ankle from the one time I went to Sky Zone, and five minutes in twisted my ankle and nearly broke it. Every now and then the tendon at the back is twitchy. Ugh.

Elevators are the bane of the building I work in right now, too. We're moving offices next year and everyone's looking forward to elevators that actually work reliably. Too bad the stairs are only accessible during a fire alarm, or I'd take them.

Lovely sweater! Good job. :)

Echoing everyone's sweater praise.

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

TELL ME ABOUT YOUR SWEATER

also, are you on raveley?

Achievements Unlocked:  Breakfast Warrior, Pushupapalooza, Quadruple Nanomaster, Return From the Dead, Gainful Employment, Leap of Faith, Minimalism Game, Get Thee Behind Me, Coffee, Camp Nerd Fitness 2015, Return From the Dead 2: The Undeadening, Gainful Employment 2: Boss Edition, Fancy Comics Person, Rogue Hair

TELL ME ABOUT YOUR SWEATER

also, are you on ravelrey?

• Like 1