Jump to content

maegs needs a title


maegs

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Ping-pong bar is awesome idea. I imagine people sitting around talking and all of a sudden a drunken fling sends a ping-pong ball into your beer with a big splash.

That happened! I totally forgot until you mentioned it! Someone hit the ball and it bounced off the ceiling and went straight down into someone's pint!

  • Like 6
Link to comment

Sounds like you had a good week.  Injuries suck.  The fact that you are working around yours is a big deal and kudos to you for doing it.  Many people just give up and stop.  Do what you can, and it should get better with time.  I am dealing with some issues that lifting has brought up due to my previous life in combat sports.  I didn't notice my knees and shoulder were a problem until, squats and Military press pointed it out to me.  Crunching sounds in shoulder are probably not good lol.     Keep up the good work and thanks for the update.

  • Like 3

TANSTAAFL!   

 

What is not gained through labor is paid for in pride!

STR 8/DEX 4/CON 6/INT 8/WIS 8/CHA 6

BATTLE LOG: GREG T and The Temple Of Fe

Greg T. Proclaims " To mediocrity and Beyond! 2018"

GregT MFP Food Diary

GregT's Spotify Lists

Link to comment
14 hours ago, maegs said:

Heard back from my landlord - no dice on kitty. They live next door (semi-detached house, looking at it from the street the left side is their house and the right side is apartments) and someone in the family has a severe allergy so they're firm on the no-pets rule. :( But 2 people (who both have cats) have said that it's reasonable for me to consider moving to get a cat :P 

 

No pets clauses in Ontario lease agreements are unenforceable http://www.ontariotenants.ca/law/law.phtml#Q6:D Enjoy your new cat!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
25 minutes ago, Twilight said:

 

No pets clauses in Ontario lease agreements are unenforceable http://www.ontariotenants.ca/law/law.phtml#Q6:D Enjoy your new cat!

On one hand ya (except I think allergies are a reason to enforce it), but on the other hand if I stay I want to keep a good relationship with them - there's a bunch of stuff that me/the other tenants are supposed to do according to the lease that he just does (like snow removal and dealing with the garbage), and they've been really good about repairing stuff quickly etc. But I keep considering moving anyway, to somewhere that doesn't involve trips to the laundromat in snow storms and where my heat isn't electric (cold winters are expensive for me!). So I'm considering my options for now..

  • Like 3
Link to comment
11 hours ago, GregT. said:

Sounds like you had a good week.  Injuries suck.  The fact that you are working around yours is a big deal and kudos to you for doing it.  Many people just give up and stop.  Do what you can, and it should get better with time.  I am dealing with some issues that lifting has brought up due to my previous life in combat sports.  I didn't notice my knees and shoulder were a problem until, squats and Military press pointed it out to me.  Crunching sounds in shoulder are probably not good lol.     Keep up the good work and thanks for the update.

I'm the worst at being injured, I try to ignore it and do things anyway, which is not always the best strategy! I have to have someone tell me I'm being dumb and should stop, if I just decide to take it easy I feel like I'm slacking off! Ya, crunchy joints are never good, hopefully getting stronger will help your joints!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
16 hours ago, maegs said:

But 2 people (who both have cats) have said that it's reasonable for me to consider moving to get a cat :P

I'm new on the cat as pet thing, but if all of them are like Stampy, then definitely. Up till now we had dogs, and we definitely chose our houses to rent (previously) and this one to buy with our dogs in mind. I mean the garden that they have to play in is about 3x the size of the house :P As long as the new place is within budget, within traveling distance, in other words, doesn't come with more negatives. But you can always stay on the lookout for accommodation. So you have my vote as well :D

  • Like 1

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

 

 

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

Link to comment
On 10/1/2017 at 9:03 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

Ping-pong bar is awesome idea. I imagine people sitting around talking and all of a sudden a drunken fling sends a ping-pong ball into your beer with a big splash.

I would definitely move to get a dog. So I understand.

 

Love the ping pong bar idea too!

 

On 10/2/2017 at 11:17 AM, maegs said:

On one hand ya (except I think allergies are a reason to enforce it), but on the other hand if I stay I want to keep a good relationship with them - there's a bunch of stuff that me/the other tenants are supposed to do according to the lease that he just does (like snow removal and dealing with the garbage), and they've been really good about repairing stuff quickly etc. But I keep considering moving anyway, to somewhere that doesn't involve trips to the laundromat in snow storms and where my heat isn't electric (cold winters are expensive for me!). So I'm considering my options for now..

 

Sounds like you have a good situation...the place you live is mostly ok, so you can take your time finding a kitty-friendly place with a laundry cave.

  • Like 3

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

 

Link to comment

KITTY. ACQUIRE KITTY.

 

 

I too am struggling with a nagging foot injury that won't quite resolve itself- the other day I saw a woman with one foot in a cast zipping around on a KNEELING SCOOTER, and I thought it was just about the coolest thing i had ever seen. If my foot ever well and truly breaks, imma get me one of those sweet scooters.

 

  • Like 1

LEVEL ONE APPRENTICE WIZARD RANGER: HUMAN UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE

 

Achievements Unlocked:  Breakfast Warrior, Pushupapalooza, Quadruple Nanomaster, Return From the Dead, Gainful Employment, Leap of Faith, Minimalism Game, Get Thee Behind Me, Coffee, Camp Nerd Fitness 2015, Return From the Dead 2: The Undeadening, Gainful Employment 2: Boss Edition, Fancy Comics Person, Rogue Hair

 

Tumblr of VERY INTERESTING ART: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/radicalwizardtimes

Link to comment
On 10/4/2017 at 3:56 PM, rowan said:

I too am struggling with a nagging foot injury that won't quite resolve itself- the other day I saw a woman with one foot in a cast zipping around on a KNEELING SCOOTER, and I thought it was just about the coolest thing i had ever seen. If my foot ever well and truly breaks, imma get me one of those sweet scooters.

If I ever get really injured I want the cool  toys for sure! :D 

 

 

Had a busy week last week - I think the last time I did a proper update was last Sunday! 

 

Monday - weights + intervals, good macros, mobility, wardrobe inventory, 11:37 bedtime

Tuesday - weights, massage, good macros, mobility, food prep, laundry, cleaning, 11:18 bedtime

Wednesday - 5k, good macros, mobility, Toastmasters area contest, 11:09 bedtime

Thursday - weights, no intervals cause I was tired, good macros, packed for weekend, Toronto Symphony Orchestra (they did the music of John Williams - Jaws, Close Encounters, ET, Indiana Jones, Schindler's List, Jurassic Park, Harry Potter, and Star Wars), 12:40 bedtime

Friday - 3.5k run (going for time not distance, had to get on the subway with my bag for the weekend before it was too busy!), macros ok-ish, no mobility. Headed to my parents' place on the train after work. 10:49 bedtime.

Saturday - took my dad's truck and drove to the Oktoberfest 10s rugby tournament. Had a good time, we won! Got a bottle of booze for our efforts :P Went out for food after, then to to the hotel, had a pool party, then got ready to go out to the festhalle (in a hockey rink!). Partied there until late, hit up McDonald's for food (A&W was closed except for the drivethrough :( ), then uber-ed back to the hotel to eat there. Got to bed around 3-3:30? Didn't track macros.. 

Sunday - I woke up around 7:30-8, and knew I wouldn't be falling back asleep. Had a lazy morning, headed back to my parents' place and got there in time for blueberry pancakes. I had a nap for a couple hours in the afternoon. We had Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday night - ham, turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, roasties, acorn squash, and pie and ice cream for dessert! Also didn't track food :P Bedtime 12:17

Monday - Woke up around 7:30, lazy morning again. Didn't do much today. I got back to my place around 5:30 tonight and unpacked my bag of rugby kit and leftovers and clothes. I have to put on chilli in the slow cooker for meals this week, put laundry away that was hanging up to dry, and get ready for the morning. I'm hoping for an early bed tonight! 

 

This week I don't have anything going on on Tuesday and Wednesday, but I do have to pack a bag for Thursday night/the weekend. On Thursday I'm leaving work early and going out to the Stratford Festival with a friend to see Twelfth Night. I'm staying at my parents' place overnight, since I get back too late for the last train back to Toronto. Then in the morning I'm going into work early so I can leave early again to get the train to Ottawa for a long weekend visiting a friend. My exercise plans for this week are just weights on Tuesday and Thursday and a 5k on Wednesday. I'm not sure if I'm going to get everything on my to-do list goal done, but I'm going to do as much as I can on Tuesday and Wednesday this week! :) 

 

 

Week 3:

  • 11pm bedtime 2/7
  • Intervals 1/2
  • 5k 2/2
  • Macros 4.5/7
  • Mobility 4/7
  • Pullups 0/7
  • NF 1/7 I think? Forgot about tracking this
  • Like 2
Link to comment

Lots of fun things in your schedule . Orchestra, Thanksgiving, and then Shakespeare. Looks like you are doing a good job at exercising, food prep and other adulting despite being busy

  • Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Link to comment

UGH I AM SO JEALOUS OF YOUR COOL SHIRT

 

Sounds like you had a pretty fun week! Saturday especially seems like a hell of an adventure!  So busy busy - and jealous of your upcoming shakespeare! Twelfth night is one of my favorites!

 

Welcome to week 4!  LETS DO THE THING!

  • Like 1

LEVEL ONE APPRENTICE WIZARD RANGER: HUMAN UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE

 

Achievements Unlocked:  Breakfast Warrior, Pushupapalooza, Quadruple Nanomaster, Return From the Dead, Gainful Employment, Leap of Faith, Minimalism Game, Get Thee Behind Me, Coffee, Camp Nerd Fitness 2015, Return From the Dead 2: The Undeadening, Gainful Employment 2: Boss Edition, Fancy Comics Person, Rogue Hair

 

Tumblr of VERY INTERESTING ART: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/radicalwizardtimes

Link to comment

Today I got the last bit of my wardrobe inventory done, and also went through my makeup and threw out a bunch of stuff. Here's the state of my list:

  • Finish going through clothes/inventorying
    • Left side of closet - upper and lower
    • PJs
    • Bras
    • Shoes
    • Outerwear
    • Purses
  • Do some baby knitting - socks, mitts, etc.
  • Go through makeup
  • Clean out espresso maker
  • Go through kitchen cabinets - especially the cupboard where all my plastic bags are and the cupboard where my beer/wine empties are
  • Update workout log from notes on phone

Realistically, I don't think I'm going to get to the kitchen cabinets - the only day I have left in the challenge to do them is tomorrow night, when I also have to run a 5k and pack my bag for the weekend. I'll have lots of time on the train for baby knitting though! Considering how the last two weeks of the challenge were/will be I'm happy with getting almost everything done :) 

 

As for tonight, I think I'm going to drink my tea, eat a piece of leftover pie, finish this episode of Star Trek (original series, season 2, The Immunity Syndrome), and go to bed!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 10/10/2017 at 2:40 AM, maegs said:

On Thursday I'm leaving work early and going out to the Stratford Festival with a friend to see Twelfth Night.

I'm always so impressed with how often you go to see plays, operas, etc. It sounds magical and in a totally different league/era. A little green to be honest, but I'm glad you enjoy it :P

EDIT: And woot! Woot! for being on time with the sleep and wake schedules! :loyal:

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

 

 

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

Link to comment
On ‎09‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 9:45 PM, GregT. said:

Great Job.  80% is not 100% but better than 79%.  Keep at it, glad you are getting more rest, and hitting your bed time.

Me too! One day I won't be a permanently exhausted pigeon :P 

On ‎09‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 11:09 PM, Elastigirl said:

Lots of fun things in your schedule . Orchestra, Thanksgiving, and then Shakespeare. Looks like you are doing a good job at exercising, food prep and other adulting despite being busy

Definitely had to find the simplest way to do food prep etc this week to keep on track, but keeping it simple worked! :D 

22 hours ago, rowan said:

UGH I AM SO JEALOUS OF YOUR COOL SHIRT

 

Sounds like you had a pretty fun week! Saturday especially seems like a hell of an adventure!  So busy busy - and jealous of your upcoming shakespeare! Twelfth night is one of my favorites!

 

Welcome to week 4!  LETS DO THE THING!

I LOVE OUR JERSEYS! I want them for the regular season!

15 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Love the pictures. Enjoy your evening, sounds like a very nice way to spend an evening.

It was so nice! After I posted and got Netflix going again I realized I only had a couple minutes left of my episode and a giant cup of tea, so I watched the next episode as well :) 

5 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

I'm always so impressed with how often you go to see plays, operas, etc. It sounds magical and in a totally different league/era. A little green to be honest, but I'm glad you enjoy it :P

EDIT: And woot! Woot! for being on time with the sleep and wake schedules! :loyal:

My secret is that my bday/xmas gifts from my parents are usually gift certificates or tickets to things :D 

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines