NYMERIA NYMERIA HOW ARE YOU DOING TODAY TELL US OF YOUR ADVENTURES

LEVEL ONE APPRENTICE WIZARD RANGER: HUMAN UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE

Achievements Unlocked:  Breakfast Warrior, Pushupapalooza, Quadruple Nanomaster, Return From the Dead, Gainful Employment, Leap of Faith, Minimalism Game, Get Thee Behind Me, Coffee, Camp Nerd Fitness 2015, Return From the Dead 2: The Undeadening, Gainful Employment 2: Boss Edition, Fancy Comics Person, Rogue Hair

Tumblr of VERY INTERESTING ART: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/radicalwizardtimes

On 9/25/2017 at 10:32 AM, Wild Wolf said:

Good call. Even on weightless good mornings I still feel like I have to put a lot of focus into the form and the hinge at the hips. Strengthening that posterior chain is so important! Try the couch stretch if you haven't for added mobility/flexibility-it relieves the low back and hips like none other ;) 

This sounds fun! What kinds of apples? Makes me wish I had an apple tree near me, honey crisp if we're getting a choice lol.

My problem with the couch stretch is that I always end up in the "pain cave". ;) 

Mostly golden delicious and Fuji.

On 9/25/2017 at 12:53 PM, rowan said:

Oooh apple picking! What do you do with all the apples? 

Also, who is this mysterious Flylady and HOW DOES SHE KNOW I HAVE DUSTY BASEBOARDS

We're mostly just eating them, but we're also making applesauce and some pies.  

www.flylady.com  She's really obsessed with dusty baseboards and ceiling fans.  To be fair, they usually are really dusty....

On 9/25/2017 at 1:30 PM, Elastigirl said:

Yum apples! I am so bummed this year. Our apples had worms.:( I do Flylady house blessing each week and find that helpful. I like the idea of the 15 minute cleaning, but have failed to ever get into a consistent habit with it. I think part of the problem is like you said, the stuff she picks is so random, and then I have to think of something on my own, but I can't narrow it down to one thing.

Yeah.  I wish she just had a more normal task list and not so much of the weird stuff.  I mean, I'm sure if you're generally pretty neat and organized, the weird stuff would be useful, and I'll admit that my baseboards are dusty.  It's just hard to care about that when you look around and see bigger problems.  I really like the missions where you just go to a room and look for fires to put out.  And that's pretty much what I do.

17 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Ohhhh, how did I ever stay away this long? :) <3

(oh right, the baby!) She's awesome. We're having so much fun. We go walking or cycling every day and when it's sunny out we go to the park and I've thought of you so often over the past few months since you're the one here with kids who are still younger, and I always found your video parts at the playground so inspiring! And I really really want to be a mom like that :) 

Sounds perfectly sensible! And sounds like it's doing as intended, making you clean something. 

hiii! :) Baby's are awesome! (I never thought so before, but having one of your own really changes perspective :D!) 

You're going to love it when she's a toddler.  Then, it's so easy to take her to the playground and run around playing with her while getting in a workout.  And yeah.  Babies are great (when they're yours ;) ) 

• Like 3

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

Tuesday: Yoga!

Wednesday: Another jogging session + pull ups.   

Otherwise....

I went ahead and did the garage band recording for that Chopin waltz.  So, now I just need to clean it up and I'll be finished with that one.  I've also made a little progress on my app thing.  I guess it's just a lot of baby steps for the procrastination.  I still need to fire up the crock pot and make more food.  

• Like 2

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

10 minutes ago, Nymeria said:

My problem with the couch stretch is that I always end up in the "pain cave". ;) 

Mostly golden delicious and Fuji.

Mmmmm.... Golden delicious is my jam too!

Damn you pain cave! I've been working slowly up the progression ladder for the couch stretch because of the pain cave so I understand where you're coming from. Maybe that article I linked will help :)?

6 minutes ago, Nymeria said:

I guess it's just a lot of baby steps for the procrastination.

Baby steps are better then no steps :) 

giphy.gif

i-dont-procrastinate-i-just-do-things-la

Wolf

• Like 1

Wild Wolf

Class: Peerless Scarred/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 188#

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Intro to Wolflean

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Gotham Project: 1

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Things are chugging right along.  I had a physical with blood work and a flu shot today.  I also managed to fire up the crock pot and take a couple mile ruck.  I normally might have jogged, but I'll probably get roped into teaching parkour tomorrow, so I don't want to be sore.  At least the medical stuff was one of my procrastination things that I can finally check off of the list. :)

I'm also a bit tired because I was up too late watching football.  The game was pretty glorious!  I was also really impressed by Tony Romo as one of the commentators.  

On 9/27/2017 at 11:07 AM, Wild Wolf said:

Mmmmm.... Golden delicious is my jam too!

Damn you pain cave! I've been working slowly up the progression ladder for the couch stretch because of the pain cave so I understand where you're coming from. Maybe that article I linked will help :)?

I love Golden Delicious.  It's just the perfect amount of both sweetness and tartness.

The pain cave is unfortunately an apt metaphor for how I tend to approach fitness and why I've been in the chronic minor strain spiral for awhile.  Rather than easing into things, I tend to push too hard or overdo them too much.  And then I end up having to back off or take time off from exercising, which in turn makes me want to push even harder when I return.  Ugh.  There's no reason I should struggle so much with the couch stretch.  I just need to back off and let it be gentle, rather than hideously painful. ;) 

• Like 2

My tutorials:

OH CRAP I GOTTA GET A FLU SHOT @_@  you have reminded me and I thank you!

How do you feel at the end of week two? Halfway point happiness? Midway madness? TURNING POINT TERRIFICNESS?

also moar piano plz :) 

Achievements Unlocked:  Breakfast Warrior, Pushupapalooza, Quadruple Nanomaster, Return From the Dead, Gainful Employment, Leap of Faith, Minimalism Game, Get Thee Behind Me, Coffee, Camp Nerd Fitness 2015, Return From the Dead 2: The Undeadening, Gainful Employment 2: Boss Edition, Fancy Comics Person, Rogue Hair

Hideously painful [emoji28]
It's funny how even when you're so good at self analyzing it can be near impossible to change things!
Or maybe not so funny. ;)

Go gently!

KB Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and an excellent coach

2023 goals tracker; cycling: 1047,7/5000km & reading to my kids: 58/365 days (updated may 1st)

my instagram - my gym's instagram

Sorry for disappearing again.  Plague protocols are in effect in my household, so nothing has been accomplished in the last few days except for the adulting and anti-procrastinating.  I'm mostly finished with my grad application, and I'm making some progress on the app.  But exercise-wise, I've just been taking walks.  Since I'm home with a sick kid today, I'm not even sure if I'll manage that.  

• Like 3

My tutorials:

I'm excited about your grad application! and I hope the plague passes quickly and with a minimum of bodily fluids.

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

Plague complete.  We were wiped out from Sunday - yesterday, but everyone seems good to go today.  I even managed to send all kids to school. :) 

So, back to the challenge.  I finished my grad application and submitted it!  Hooray for finally adulting and taking care of one of the procrastination items!  I don't know why I made the whole process much more complicated than it needed to be.  

tumblr_o17frv0cdu1u9u459o1_500.gif

Of course, now it means I have to stop dragging my heels and get my app through code review.  Ugh.  

I haven't exercised for the last few days (other than taking walks), but I managed  another jog + pull up session today.  And on Saturday, the new parkour gym is opening!  I'm scheduled to teach a class, which should be exciting.

Yeah.. I know people want more piano, and I'm supposed to just chill out and put stuff out there.  So, I'm putting a little bit of nerd back in Nerd Fitness with this one.  It's kind of a throwaway piece for me (despite the mistakes :hopelessness:), but it's still fun to play.  So, who can recognize it? ;) 

• Like 5

My tutorials:

AAAH I KNOW THAT SONG

That is seriously awesome! 

Has everyone been sleeping? why are there not a million posts excited about this?! 

It's one of my favourite songs too! Oh the nostalgia <3 

2023 goals tracker; cycling: 1047,7/5000km & reading to my kids: 58/365 days (updated may 1st)

2 Quiet days, followed by an exceptionally busy one.  Thursday, I did yoga and took a long walk.  Friday was just more walking.  Yesterday, however, was crazy.

The new parkour gym had its grand opening, and the whole thing was a complete madhouse.  I taught the age 35+ class, which had about 12 participants.  All of the kids' classes at the same time were overflowing, so there was no space!  Still, we had a great time and I managed to get a bunch of noobs landing cat-to-cats. :)   I'm so excited that the new gym is finally open, and I'm really eager to see what the schedule will look like.  I've missed regular parkour class SO MUCH.

After that, we had an evening neighborhood barbecue.  

I'm still chugging away at my challenge stuff.  I owe at least one more piano song, at least one more crock pot meal, putting up the website for my app, and more jogging over the next week.  

15 hours ago, KB Girl said:

That is seriously awesome! 

Has everyone been sleeping? why are there not a million posts excited about this?! 

It's one of my favourite songs too! Oh the nostalgia <3 

I'm just assuming that a lot of people don't recognize the song and will have to lose their nerd cards. ;) 

• Like 1

My tutorials:

YOU WILL NEVER TAKE MY NERD CARD I TORE IT UP INTO LITTLE PIECES AND ATE IT AND NOW IT IS A PART OF ME.

New parkour gym sounds like so much fun! And nothing like the joy of noobs realizing that THEY ARE CAPABLE OF AMAZING THINGS!

What are you gonna make in your crock pot?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rowan said:

YOU WILL NEVER TAKE MY NERD CARD I TORE IT UP INTO LITTLE PIECES AND ATE IT AND NOW IT IS A PART OF ME.

For about a couple of days

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Congrats on getting the grad application in. I.. uh.. know the song of course , I'm just not saying, it's not at all that I don't know it.;)

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

18 hours ago, rowan said:

14 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Congrats on getting the grad application in. I.. uh.. know the song of course , I'm just not saying, it's not at all that I don't know it.;)

You people make me sad.  :sorrow:   I haven't played this one in a long time, and I'm rusty, but damn it....

• Like 4

My tutorials:

In other news:

-Jogging + pull ups happened yesterday.  I'm glad I managed to squeeze it in, since it's raining today and the rain is supposed to continue for the next several days.  

-Making this in the crock pot today.  I've made it enough times that I practically have the recipe memorized.

-Hopefully doing parkour open gym tomorrow.

-Scheduled to teach PK Saturday, but not at the new gym. :(  

-Making no progress right now with the app stuff.  bleh.  

• Like 5

My tutorials:

On 10/8/2017 at 2:14 PM, Nymeria said:

The new parkour gym had its grand opening, and the whole thing was a complete madhouse.  I taught the age 35+ class, which had about 12 participants.  All of the kids' classes at the same time were overflowing, so there was no space!  Still, we had a great time and I managed to get a bunch of noobs landing cat-to-cats. :)   I'm so excited that the new gym is finally open, and I'm really eager to see what the schedule will look like.  I've missed regular parkour class SO MUCH.

I can only imagine how nice that must be :) yay for new gym! 

On 10/11/2017 at 4:08 PM, Nymeria said:

You people make me sad.  :sorrow:   I haven't played this one in a long time, and I'm rusty, but damn it....

Ahhhh you're killing me with all these feels <3 

That's just.. those songs.. just.. you know, childhood. 

Your timing sounds really good to me, there was only one note a little slow, though it didn't bother me, just telling you about it so you understand I really mean it when I say the timing sounds really good! 

Challenge summary:

This was a solidly "okay" challenge.  I jogged, but not quite as often as I planned on doing.  Some of that was due to rainy weather, and I'm still pleased that I jogged quite a few times.  I was okay with the batch cooking, but I could stand to be better.  I did post 3 piano songs, but a couple of them certainly weren't ambitious. ;)  The house is a disaster right now, so I can't claim success on the cleaning.  I handled several procrastination items, but I still haven't made much headway on the big one (at least in part because I'm not sure what to do).  

Going forward, I'm going to focus on:

-Making sure that I at least do something fitness wise every day.  While the jogging was great, I had a tendency to be lazy on the remaining days.  I really need to find time to squeeze in at least some yoga or something.  

-I'm going to be trying to learn both python and SAS, as well as continue brushing up on my stats for the grad classes next term.  I will practice a lot using problems over at project Euler.

-parkour.  New shiny gym.  It will still happen.

-still need to do more piano

-still need to be better about eating healthy food, especially now that we're entering candy and sugar season.

I keep getting into a cycle where I push hard, strain something, and then need to back off of the training.  I'd like to just try some really foundational WODs during the next challenge.  Do any of you have any good recommendations?  

• Like 4

My tutorials:

1 hour ago, Nymeria said:

-Making sure that I at least do something fitness wise every day.  While the jogging was great, I had a tendency to be lazy on the remaining days.  I really need to find time to squeeze in at least some yoga or something.   

This would be my recommendation. To keep your body loose and active even on the days that you aren't exercising, I think something small, like a warm-up or solid stretching would help.

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."