Xantae's running late...as usual!

Xantae

Last challenge, I had a good amount of success. In fact, I think that was one of my best challenges. I'm going to try to keep that ball rolling, and set a few new goals. Last time, I really only completed 3 of my 4 goals. I believe I bit off a bit more than I could chew, what with school starting and all. So this time, I'm only doing 3 goals. You know what they say--3 goals is better than none! Or something like that. So without further ado, my goals are:

1. Halve Fast Food consumption (again). Last challenge, I successfully cut my fast food consumption down from twice a week to once a week (and even sometimes 0 times a week)! I want to keep that momentum rolling, so I'm cutting down to once a week max. 

2. Brush and floss every day. So far I get brushing and flossing in sporadically, something like a few times a week. For awhile, several months ago, I was doing it every day right before bed. I loved how much better my mouth felt when I was brushing and flossing every day. So I'm restarting this habit. 

3. No soda challenge! I'm going without soda for the whole challenge. I did this once before years ago, and just kept on going. I think I managed to stop drinking soda for 6+ months. I really wish I knew why I had stopped, so I can avoid that pitfall. All I know is, I saved a bunch of money and lost a little weight, so here's hoping for the same results! Edit: I'm also including energy drinks in this challenge.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

I've been trying to cut down on energy drinks without much success... >_<

Me too. Most of my problem is 8am classes. I have no idea how I'll make it once I have to work at 8am every day. I guess I have until graduation next May to figure it out :)

• Like 1
On 9/24/2017 at 2:36 PM, zeroh13 said:

How did week 1 treat you, @Xantae?

Hey! Week 1 was great! I managed to not eat fast food more than once, I brushed and flossed every day, and I drank no soda. 

Week 2 wasn't as great, but still pretty good. In week 2, I stuck to my fast food and soda goals, but I let myself get out of the habit of brushing and flossing every night. Part of it was that I stayed out late several days, and I let that derail me.

Week 3 is going well so far, except that I still haven't gotten back into the habit of brushing and flossing every night. I thought I was in trouble, because I got a big soda craving. I somehow managed to fight that off by drinking a lot of water and slightly sweetened tea. I like to think that's the worst it's gonna get, but I don't believe it. I'm sure I'll get a colossal craving at some point during this challenge, and it's gonna be a hard fight. 

• Like 2

Great job!

1 hour ago, Xantae said:

I'm sure I'll get a colossal craving at some point during this challenge, and it's gonna be a hard fight. 

One thing that helps some people is drinking carbonated water. You can usually find a decent variety of flavors (and brands).

• Like 1

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!

4 hours ago, Xantae said:

. I'm sure I'll get a colossal craving at some point during this challenge, and it's gonna be a hard fight. 

If the craving is more for something sweeter, then I would also say try some lemonade. Our grocery store sells some that are really good and not too bad for you, like blackberry Lemonade and blood orange Lemonade. That helps me with the sugar craving. I only do it once in a while. If its the bubbles you want, carbonated water is probably a better option

• Like 1

Current Challenge ---> Bean Si Vs Chaos No energy for a title

You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

On 10/4/2017 at 3:11 PM, Bean Sidhe said:

If the craving is more for something sweeter, then I would also say try some lemonade. Our grocery store sells some that are really good and not too bad for you, like blackberry Lemonade and blood orange Lemonade. That helps me with the sugar craving. I only do it once in a while. If its the bubbles you want, carbonated water is probably a better option

That's a good suggestion, however, almost all fruit juice makes my acid reflux just go nuts. I'll stick to putting a little sugar in my tea when I want a sweet drink. I am going to do carbonated water, though, that doesn't seem to agitate it. 

My challenge is still going strong. For the most part. I still haven't had any soda, and I'm still not going over my fast food limits. I'm thinking about cutting fast food out entirely for my next challenge, it seems to be working so well for soda. I'm still not brushing and flossing on a daily basis. I think that will be a part of my next challenge, too. 

• Like 2
On 10/6/2017 at 7:46 PM, Xantae said:

That's a good suggestion, however, almost all fruit juice makes my acid reflux just go nuts. I'll stick to putting a little sugar in my tea when I want a sweet drink. I am going to do carbonated water, though, that doesn't seem to agitate it. 

My challenge is still going strong. For the most part. I still haven't had any soda, and I'm still not going over my fast food limits. I'm thinking about cutting fast food out entirely for my next challenge, it seems to be working so well for soda. I'm still not brushing and flossing on a daily basis. I think that will be a part of my next challenge, too. 

I know a friend of mine use to water down juice for her daughter. She was concerned there was too much sugar in it for her. That might be an idea for you. Or you can try the "flavoring" packets from crystal lite or what not. But it sounds like you have a good plan in place.

I am a strong believer in some goals need to be a couple of challenges before you really feel you have them beat. It sounds like your doing great. Keep it up.

• Like 1

On 10/9/2017 at 7:48 PM, Bean Sidhe said:

I know a friend of mine use to water down juice for her daughter. She was concerned there was too much sugar in it for her. That might be an idea for you. Or you can try the "flavoring" packets from crystal lite or what not. But it sounds like you have a good plan in place.

I am a strong believer in some goals need to be a couple of challenges before you really feel you have them beat. It sounds like your doing great. Keep it up.

I've never thought of watering down the juice, I may have to try that. I have plenty of fruit juice sitting in my mini fridge from the time before I knew it was partially causing my reflux. 

Overall, I think the challenge went well. I stuck to my plan of only having fast food once a week. I also didn't drink any soda at all, which is a huge improvement. I know I lost weight, but I don't know exactly how much (I think around 5 lb). The only part of the challenge I feel I failed at was the brushing/flossing part. I still count this challenge as a victory, though. I'll just try the one failed habit again next challenge. The question I have for myself between now and the start of the next challenge is "Why did this fail?" Thanks for all your support @Bean Sidhe and everyone else who contributed!

One last thing...I decided to have a soda since I've gone so long without them. I don't understand why I would miss them, I didn't like it. It might be different if I drank one from a bottle (I got this one at a fast food place). I see a future where I drink soda infrequently or not at all, though.

• Like 2

You are more than welcome for the support.

AS for the soda, who knows how you will feel. I have gone over 425 days without one (I have a tracker app on my phone) and now when I take a sip of hubby's or something, I can't stand  it. Its pretty nice sometimes, but annoying when I go somewhere and they don't have ice tea.

I am glad your challenge went well. Let us know when you set up your next one so we can follow you along there as well.

• Like 1