A chef, a fighter pilot, and a surgeon walk into a... [Shadowlion]

ShadowLion

Wait. Are you telling me. That you. Went to sleep. At 6:15....PM????

I've done the AM one a couple of times, but a 6pm sleep? I cannot decide if that is a marvel or a horror - it is some kind of striking, unfathomable phenomenon from beyond the pale of reality, my meager human mind cannot contain it...

• Like 1

LEVEL ONE APPRENTICE WIZARD RANGER: HUMAN UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE

Achievements Unlocked:  Breakfast Warrior, Pushupapalooza, Quadruple Nanomaster, Return From the Dead, Gainful Employment, Leap of Faith, Minimalism Game, Get Thee Behind Me, Coffee, Camp Nerd Fitness 2015, Return From the Dead 2: The Undeadening, Gainful Employment 2: Boss Edition, Fancy Comics Person, Rogue Hair

Tumblr of VERY INTERESTING ART: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/radicalwizardtimes

On 10/4/2017 at 9:08 AM, Elastigirl said:

Very impressive week, I'm amazed at how much walking you were able to get in even while working that much.

Thanks, Elastigirl! Taking walking breaks during the day and lengthening the distance between where I get off the bus and work is really helping to push my numbers higher. 

• Like 1

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

On 10/4/2017 at 5:20 PM, rowan said:

Wait. Are you telling me. That you. Went to sleep. At 6:15....PM????

I've done the AM one a couple of times, but a 6pm sleep? I cannot decide if that is a marvel or a horror - it is some kind of striking, unfathomable phenomenon from beyond the pale of reality, my meager human mind cannot contain it...

Ah! I was giving a sleep time total of 6 hours and 15 minutes. I don't think I could do a 6:15 pm sleep! It's been really hard for me to get anywhere close to my optimum 8:30 pm bedtime. Though regularly getting up at 4:30 am has made that more desirable, I generally get head to pillow around 9:30 pm.

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

On 10/11/2017 at 1:46 AM, DarK_RaideR said:

It always amazes me how much progress and performance is hidden behind what seems like a simple numerical update. Kudos to you, SL.

Thanks, D_R! I've got another update coming. Just have to get the numbers out of my fitness tracker and post them. Had a couple of conferences in the last two weeks and now our remote team is in town for teambuilding and training, so things are extra busy. 

I have bumped my walking up a little bit more this week and am pretending that last week, this week, plus the next 4 weeks are my own, personal, 6 week challenge. That length of time seems to work best for me. Going to keep the dinner party theme for multiple challenges, as it's going to take me that long to get the writeup and associated goals done! 

Feeling like a turtle. Very slow, but I keep going...

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir