Coco P Loco <3 mini-challenges

Coco P Loco

So I signed up for multiple team-based mini-challenges again, to keep me on track and accountable for my health & fitness goals

First is the Assassins: Assassin-ey Tunes, next is the Rebels: Survival of the Fittest, and finally the Rangers: Springfield Gonna Ranger

I also joined the ABSolutely IncredABSble ABSsstravaganza Challenge which is an individual challenge. This really suits me as I love the variety that comes with a different challenge video each week (I get bored easily and am always looking for the next thing to try).

Oh, and of course there's my IRL challenge - Bhag India Bhag, with the Pinkathon ladies, where we log our running miles both as individuals and as a team. We started the challenge on 1st September and so far there's 300 or so women (and the odd man) signed up. I'm currently placed 90th with a total of 77km logged and my local team is placed 4th out of 56 teams!

So for this 4-week challenge, my goals will be those activities laid out in the mini-challenges I'm taking part in, but what it really boils down to is:

·       Complete 'Zombies, Run!' 5K workouts 3 times a week

·       Complete 2 rings/strength/bodyweight workouts a week and 1 Abs workout

·       Daily self-care (any one of yoga, stretching, reading, meditation, sketching etc…)

·       Practice Hindi on weekdays

So here are the specific things I'll be tracking/doing in week 1 for the mini's:

Rebels: Survival of the Fittest

Walk/Run miles - tracked through my fitness band

Water intake - I typically drink about 2 litres of water a day, but I'll specifically keep a track this week

Stretching minutes - either Yoga or after-run stretching

Assassins: Assassin-ey Tunes

Porky Pig (until end of challenge): Minutes of dedicated training - either running or strength training mins count for this.

Pepe le Pew (week 1): Number of new people greeted - Interesting one… I've been picking up many conversations online with runners across India, so I'll keep a track of this!

Yosemite Sam (week 1): Minutes of mobility and flexibility work - Yoga here too

Tweety Pie (week 1): Number of dishes cooked (min 1 vegetable) - I think I cook at least 4 times a week… and as I'm a vegetarian, there's nearly always at least one vegetable present!!!

Rangers: Springfield Gonna Ranger

Phase 1: HIIT - number of intervals - will be completed during my 5K training

ABSolutely IncredABSble ABSsstravaganza Challenge

One abs video to be completed each week - as part of my strength training :)

Off to fill in all the trackers now!!!

Current Challenge

Backstory | Challenge 1 | Challenge 2 | Challenge 3 | Challenge 4 | Challenge 5

"We are what we believe we are." - CS Lewis

So I've been ill and only done one strength workout in the last 2 weeks.

I have however, kept running, so with the exception of the Abs challenge, I've been able to keep tracking stuff for the challenges.

As last time, I've found it difficult to get the trackers filled 'on-time', but I'm currently up to date.

IRL, I signed up for another challenge. It started just after I'd been ill, and that's really why I deprioritised my strength workouts. This challenge was held during the 9 days of the Navrati festival here in India. Called 'NavRun', the challenge was 9 days, 9 colours, 9km - Run, Walk or Crawl! I didn't manage to run 9km each day - a lot of it was walked throughout the day, but I intend to run the full 9km for 9 days next year!

So far my running total for September, and Bhag India Bhag stands at 124km!!!

So here were the specific things I did in week 2 for the mini's:

Rebels: Survival of the Fittest

Walk/Run miles - tracked through my fitness band

Water intake - I typically drink about 2 litres of water a day, but I'll specifically keep a track

Stretching minutes - either Yoga or after-run stretching

Assassins: Assassin-ey Tunes

Porky Pig (until end of challenge): Minutes of dedicated training - either running or strength training mins count for this

Marvin the Martian (week 2): Number minutes studying- Hindi works out nicely here

Road Runner (week 2): Metres dedicated running/walking - I guess my running will be split between Porky and Road Runner, as one activity can't count for two categories!

Wile E Coyote (week 2): Number of seconds of static holds - I guess this will be planks, to tie in with the Ranger's challenge

Rangers: Springfield Gonna Ranger

Phase 2: Planks - number of seconds held

Now to get the strength training going again!!! Onward to week 3 :D

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Backstory | Challenge 1 | Challenge 2 | Challenge 3 | Challenge 4 | Challenge 5

"We are what we believe we are." - CS Lewis