• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Wolfen

The Trading Post -- Where Adventurers Gather

5 hours ago, GregT. said:

Sand Dunes like you expect in Lawrence of Arabia

Sounds gorgeous...and I totally need to watch that movie again.

It was.  I keep telling myself I need to get a better camera than what is available in phones.  Since I don't have a camera in my phone due to security where I work, I have none.  I see quite a few landscapes and architecture that I wish I could get a picture of.  t is just a matter of getting off the wallet.

Lawrence of Arabia, the new remastered version on an HD tv with surround with the lights off is AWESOME!  It really moves you there much like it was said to have done to movie goers in the theatre.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/the-4k-restoration-of-lawrence-of-arabia-is-so-crisp-it-almost-looks-like-it-was-shot-today-a6807691.html

FSo, totally jumping topics here, but in 9 hours I’m smoking my first turkey and I’m all kinds of excited. I assembled and seasoned the smoker today, prepped my brine this evening, and I’m dropping that sucker in tomorrow morning. I hope it turns out. 

Thanksgiving is my favourite holiday, not because of the history behind it (in spite of it, actually) but because it’s a harvest feast holiday. In the US, it is the most pure feasting holiday we have. Hosting a feast is something I truly enjoy, from making the food to eating the food and interacting with people you don’t always get to see. 

I’ll let y’all know how it turns out. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sciread77 said:

I’m smoking my first turkey

Good Luck.  Don't be afraid.  It will be Good.  Just keep aney eon temp, and smoke thickness under the skin.  Have a Festive Feast Day!

• Like 1

For the record, the turkey turned out fantastic. Almost too fantastic because my wife is threatening to let me cook all the turkey next year instead of roasting one like she usually does. I love that roasted turkey. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sciread77 said:

For the record, the turkey turned out fantastic

Glad it came out well.  I now you were trying your first smoke.  Congrats on the world of smoking.  Just remember you can do it to just about anything lol.  Try some not great quality kielbasa, throw it in your smoker and then taste it.  make sure to leave a portion un smoked for comparison.  Just don't let your family have any or they will want you to smoke everything. :P

12420e1456956293o3771.jpg

2 hours ago, GregT. said:

Just don't let your family have any or they will want you to smoke everything. :P

Too late lol. I’m smoking some beef tomorrow. That’s going to be fun. I’m just addicted to that roasted turkey and don’t want to go without it. 

ATM I’m on parental leave from work so I actually have the time to smoke several things a week if we want want. Now that it’s all set up. 

• Like 1