How do I get/see character stats

I have noticed on several other characters that they have Str, Con, Wis, Int, Cha,Dex stas.  How do you go about seeing what those are on your character and how do you go about increasing them?  I have been playing D&D for over 30 years and I would love to add that in as a way to motivate "Character development".

TANSTAAFL!   

What is not gained through labor is paid for in pride!

STR 8/DEX 4/CON 6/INT 8/WIS 8/CHA 6

BATTLE LOG: GREG T and The Temple Of Fe

Greg T. Proclaims " To mediocrity and Beyond! 2018"

GregT MFP Food Diary

GregT's Spotify Lists

Well it has been a while since i did this.

We used to have 6 weeks challenges, and after a challenge you could award yourself with stat points and level up, according to how your challenge went. It's not an automated system, but usually you would write out a challenge and assign stat points to goals. For example, for weightlifting for 3 times a week 6 weeks throughout the challenge you would award yourself 5 Strength Stat points. Missed a few workouts you would grant yourself 4 Strength points.

But things have changed a bit. The Academy has been created since, the challenge were shortened to 4 weeks, and during this transition a lot of people just stopped using the stat point system.

So it's really just an honorary system some people use(d) for helping them stick to their goals throughout a challenge. You can edit your own signature and set something up yourself if you wish.

If you got any more questions, just ask!

• Like 1

... a little odd in the head ...

Thanks for the quick reply.  Ok, I will go on to ORC pub and make a character sheet up for myself and start assigning points for goals.  Also of course setting up my base stats.  Maybe it will give me more inspiration as I could use specific stats and at each level indicate which popular figure would be at what level of what stat.

WOOT!  More Spreadsheet work LOL

• Like 1

TANSTAAFL!   

What is not gained through labor is paid for in pride!

STR 8/DEX 4/CON 6/INT 8/WIS 8/CHA 6

BATTLE LOG: GREG T and The Temple Of Fe

Greg T. Proclaims " To mediocrity and Beyond! 2018"

GregT MFP Food Diary

GregT's Spotify Lists

I second what Mr_Willes said.  When we had 6 week challenges, each challenge was worth 15 points and you could allocate them as you saw fit to your individuals goals and then award them at the end based on how you graded yourself.  It did sort of slip away, especially as we made the change to 4 week challenges.  I continued and you can see my stats in my signature.  I did reduce the number of total points per challenge to 10 since they are only 4 weeks.  I usually forget to allocate points at the beginning of the challenge but come up with something at the end and then grade accordingly.  

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2