Red and the Paranormal Monk (Part 2)

Red1263

So I really liked my last challenge, but I utterly failed at it after the first week. So I'm going to attempt it again. Only this time I plan on actually finishing it! Here's the story from the previous challenge if you wish to read it:

And here are the goals (with updates)

1. Red learns a new Technique! - I've decided to teach myself a new Muay Thai technique: Elbow Combos! Using a video from a very successful Muay Thai instructor, I'm going to learn 5 Elbow combos. Utilizing my 3 rounds, I'll start slow so as to perfect form, and then I'll speed it up to add more speed to the combos. Now I'm teaching myself by watching said video carefully and then imitating what I saw, so I might have it perfected by the end of this challenge, but I'm giving it my damnedest! (I'm currently up to Combo #3)
  2. Body still feels different! - I liked stretching every day, but I slacked off on it last challenge. So I'm renewing it for this one. Stretching 5 times a week! 
  3. "I.. I think I remember something..." - A few nights ago, I lost sleep to an idea that I want to learn something new, it didn't matter what it was or how random said thing was, I was inspired to learn SOMETHING. This list was random, but I'm going to start learning something new and broaden my horizons. This is what my quick 1am list looks like
    1. Knot-tying
    2. Face Reading
    3. Lock Picking
    4. Finances
    5. Language Learning (Tagalog)
    6. Astronomy
    7. How to fly a plane
    8. General Business

2bnDCQh.gif

• Like 3

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

I took an Astronomy class in college and while I don't remember A LOT I do know it was one of my favorite classes. 

• Like 1

Fitocracy  GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

Hi there! I like your learning new things list.

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 11   Charisma 14   Strength 18  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

ohai!

Are the things crossed off on your list things you have already learned since making the list or things you have eliminated from consideration?

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28Mardi Gras [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

BOOM! Take 2 and Red's ready to rock!!

21 hours ago, Red1263 said:

How to fly a plane

So, now we'll be able to hang out???????

giphy.webp

Wolf

• Like 1

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Your challenge is still super cool. And still following. Those elbow combos sound quite badass.

Challenge:   0   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33  

I'm still here! I just have been having trouble to formulate enough time to do an actual update, but I'm still here, haven't forgotten you nerds! 

• Like 2

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

40 minutes ago, Red1263 said:

I'm still here! I just have been having trouble to formulate enough time to do an actual update, but I'm still here, haven't forgotten you nerds! 

Have you seen Annyshays' thread? She just has her goals typed out, then every day she copies and pastes , and whether she hit that goal or not. Very simple and easy to update.

• Thanks 1

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

43 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

Have you seen Annyshays' thread? She just has her goals typed out, then every day she copies and pastes , and whether she hit that goal or not. Very simple and easy to update.

That's a really good idea

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

On 9/20/2017 at 4:30 PM, Jonesy said:

I took an Astronomy class in college and while I don't remember A LOT I do know if was one of my favorite classes. 

The last time I studied Astronomy, it was tied to my studying of Roman and Greek Gods, and that was in grade school! There are so many more things I've gotta learn!

On 9/20/2017 at 4:31 PM, Elastigirl said:

Hi there! I like your learning new things list.

Hey hey! I like that you like my learning new things list!

On 9/20/2017 at 11:42 PM, WhiteGhost said:

ohai!

Are the things crossed off on your list things you have already learned since making the list or things you have eliminated from consideration?

Yes, they are things I have learned (or attempted to learn), and Hello, and welcome to my crazy thread! I'm honored to have you here! 

On 9/21/2017 at 1:58 PM, Wild Wolf said:

BOOM! Take 2 and Red's ready to rock!!

So, now we'll be able to hang out???????

giphy.webp

Wolf

As always I'm glad to have your support Wolf-brother!

Ha ha ha, well to get a Pilot's license takes tens of thousands of dollars, and that's without a plane!

On 9/22/2017 at 8:44 AM, Manarelle said:

Hello again. How'd the first week go? Lockpicking is something I've always wanted to learn, but it didn't seem feasible to keep the tools on you, making it a mostly unhelpful skill. Would still be neat to learn, though!

Hey hey Manarelle! The first week went pretty well, although there are mornings (the time I choose to exercise) when I can barely get myself out of bed, much less push myself. And you're right, but should one ever find themselves in a pinch, it wouldn't be a bad skill to have!

On 9/24/2017 at 9:36 PM, juliebarkley said:

Your challenge is still super cool. And still following. Those elbow combos sound quite badass.

Thanks Juliebarkley! You're still super cool for thinking that.

At last! An actual official update! Sorry for the delay folks, time is an unforgiving mistress! 

So Week 1 went ALMOST pretty well!

• I exercised twice in the week, ALMOST making 3 days,
  • And of course I stretched on those days, as well as stretched for two more additional days making it ALMOST 5 times a week
  • I downloaded a Tagalog app to help me learn to pronounce the words and I ALMOST listened to it, had I not run out of time on my lunch! Curse you fellow co-worker who asked me about my future! *shakes fist in the air*
  • I also have some good news, in light of my grip not feeling as strong as I'd like it to be, I bought a pair of Gym Hand grips, and I've been doing 1 min of pure grip training 4 times last week. I think I'll add it to my days of stretching! If you're curious as to what I mean, look at the spoiler.
  • Spoiler

a170a07a-e752-438b-b170-054ff7f5bf00_1.3

These guys!

And that's all f

•  

And that's all for today, Oh, this is also new, I've decided to give myself a prize should I successfully complete this challenge,

large.jpg?1504547729

A CD, mind you, not a Vinyl. But to help me stay motivated for this challenge, I'm going to make this my prize for completing this challenge!

• Like 3

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

39 minutes ago, Red1263 said:

Hello, and welcome to my crazy thread!

Happy to be here!

On 9/21/2017 at 7:24 AM, Red1263 said:

4. Finances

Personal finance is pretty easy to learn (spend less than you make! done!) but the devil is in the implementation...  Any particular focus on your financial larnin?

37 minutes ago, Red1263 said:

I bought a pair of Gym Hand grips, and I've been doing 1 min of pure grip training 4 times last week.

I keep a pair of those on my desk at work, but I don't use them as often as should

HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28Mardi Gras [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

Hi hi, here you are!

And your lack of updates makes for easy catching up here!  PHEW FROM MY END!

Level 72 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

On 9/26/2017 at 10:18 PM, WhiteGhost said:

Happy to be here!

Personal finance is pretty easy to learn (spend less than you make! done!) but the devil is in the implementation...  Any particular focus on your financial larnin?

I keep a pair of those on my desk at work, but I don't use them as often as should

True, and you're right, I guess I just wanted to understand business finances. That's another one off the list! The focus is just general.

It's surprizing, how much stronger one hand is to the other, my left can barely make 1 min. but my right hand is fine all the way unto the end!

On 9/27/2017 at 11:35 AM, Starpuck said:

Hi hi, here you are!

And your lack of updates makes for easy catching up here!  PHEW FROM MY END!

Hey he-- Hey! That's not very nice! That's true, but it still hurts!

So Week 2 has been full of Life!

• Sunday and Monday, I was scheduled an hour earlier than normal and remembering that at the last minute (D'oh >.<), made me unable to exercise, I couldn't even go to Mass on sunday because I'd be late for work.
  • Tuesday, I went to Universal Studios with my Best friend and her husband. It was fun and I was strongly considering buying my own Harry Potter wand. But I couldn't because I haven't read the books, nor finish all of the movies. :P
  • Wednesday, I had a staff meeting at 6am, which meant I woke up at 4:30 am, and after the staff meeting had my car taken care of, so I barely had time to shower and get changed before I had to get back to work at 2pm. 
  • Thursday, due to my being horribly exhausted from Wed. I decided to sleep in a bit more than usual. So no exercising was done. I went to get my smog check done and paid for my stickers. Although some good news, I do have a Coffee date tonight. It's a girl I started talking to on OKC, we exchanged numbers and have had a couple of fun phone conversations, so tonight is the night that we're going to meet up for the first time.

Despite not having much of a productive Week 2, I did have some interesting things go on. The week's not over, I can still make these last few days productive! But thanks to WhiteGhost's reasoning I can successfully update my list:

1. Knot-tying
  2. Face Reading
  3. Lock Picking
  4. Finances
  5. Language Learning (Tagalog)
  6. Astronomy
  7. How to fly a plane
  8. General Business
  • Like 3

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

Hope the date is fun. Yay for Universal Studios! 

17 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Hope the date is fun. Yay for Universal Studios! 

The date was pretty good, but I didn't feel any attraction to the girl. We were laughing and joking, but it just felt like I was talking to a regular friend and not to a potential girlfriend. I told her how I felt and made sure I got it out there before it went on further. She was upset but understood... I hope.

So today I was about to get 2 sets of exercising in.

• 1 min shadow boxing

• 10 pushups

• 1 min plank

• 20 bw squats

• 20 side to side lunges

I forgot to do pull ups, but I did throw in the newly learned elbow combos into the shadowboxing mix. I also watched videos about astronomy, it was general info and things I already knew, so I'm not checking it off the list yet, not until I learn something. 

• Like 3

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

Yes! to the badass elbow combos! 

Sorry about out your date, but maybe you have made a regular friend? (or maybe that's not how it works - I'm bad at dating)

• Like 1

Challenge:   0   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33  

Nice update there Red.  I haven't been to Universal since they had the JAWS ride!  I think that was in like ... the 80s hah.   Wait... Florida or California?    I definitely wanna go and see the Harry Potter stuff.

I am also bad at dating, but I don't think any of my past boyfriends were immediate attractions at first moment.  It was hanging out, then being asked out, then exploring the next step.   That was a long time ago too though!   HAHAHA.    Now I just play Bioware games for my romance. ;)

Level 72 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

Spoiler

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

11 hours ago, juliebarkley said:

Yes! to the badass elbow combos! 

Sorry about out your date, but maybe you have made a regular friend? (or maybe that's not how it works - I'm bad at dating)

Well, when I told her about my "not feeling any sparks" she took it kinda well, but she did feel sparks, so i felt kinda bad but it's better to do this now at the beginning than to lead her on and be a total douche. So I'm not sure if I've made a regular friend, probably not. 

4 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Nice update there Red.  I haven't been to Universal since they had the JAWS ride!  I think that was in like ... the 80s hah.   Wait... Florida or California?    I definitely wanna go and see the Harry Potter stuff.

I am also bad at dating, but I don't think any of my past boyfriends were immediate attractions at first moment.  It was hanging out, then being asked out, then exploring the next step.   That was a long time ago too though!   HAHAHA.    Now I just play Bioware games for my romance. ;)

It was California, and yes that was a pretty long time ago. But they've got some really cool stuff now and if you do go to Hollywood, I'd be there to accompany you!.... errr strictly as friends of course... right... friends...

I honestly didn't see a future with this one. I don't know if that makes me picky or high standards but in terms of the heart, you can't settle. 

• Like 2

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

On 10/7/2017 at 3:25 PM, Red1263 said:

I honestly didn't see a future with this one. I don't know if that makes me picky or high standards but in terms of the heart, you can't settle. 

Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis, so this. Having settled for a number of (bad) relations, I am constantly amazed at what being patient and paying attention to myself brought about for both my gentleman and I. It's worth it, you've got this. 

Also, grats on the adulting and workout stuff! I agree with WhiteGhost, making a plan for finances is easy, it's the execution and continued dedication despite it being boring and grown up and not fun that is difficult. 

• Like 1

Manarelle the Level 56 Amazon Assassin

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current

On 10/9/2017 at 5:16 PM, Manarelle said:

Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis, so this. Having settled for a number of (bad) relations, I am constantly amazed at what being patient and paying attention to myself brought about for both my gentleman and I. It's worth it, you've got this. 

Also, grats on the adulting and workout stuff! I agree with WhiteGhost, making a plan for finances is easy, it's the execution and continued dedication despite it being boring and grown up and not fun that is difficult. 

Precisely. And I've watched many other relationships only knowing that it's going to end disastrously. So, I'm moving on.

Thanks! And for this challenge, I'm merely focusing on information, planning and execution comes later. This is merely a preliminary satisfying of my curiousity. 

Today I kicked my butt into exercising on my day off, and it felt great!

• 1 min shadow boxing (with elbows)
  • 20 pushups
  • 40 sec plank
  • 25 bw squats
  • 10 side-to-side lunges
  • 20 lunges
  • 4 pull-ups

I was able to do 2 sets with a 1:30 min break in between. Finished it off with solid stretching and I'm good.

I'm currently watching a youtube video about Brown Dwarfs.

2ed69cbec9e1cba7c6c49832be0a2c36--engine

Errrr... the Star Brown Dwarves. They're pretty confusing as the guy goes pretty deep into the details. But for the most part, Brown dwarfs fuse Lithium, rather than hydrogen like normal stars. and when you add more mass to them, they get denser rather than bigger, which is... kinda weird. And they emit practically no light, but massive infrared light. So you'd never see them, without special equipment. It's kinda weird, but I'm going to watch another movie, before my mind checks out.

• Like 3

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

I got excited about dwarf talk.   Then you let me down man.

uvI36tp.gif

Just kidding!

I think stars and stuff are amazing.  I always find myself so in awe when I stargaze. :) 

Nice job kicking butt today!

• Like 3

Level 72 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

On 10/11/2017 at 7:12 PM, Starpuck said:

I got excited about dwarf talk.   Then you let me down man.

uvI36tp.gif

Just kidding!

I think stars and stuff are amazing.  I always find myself so in awe when I stargaze. :) 

Nice job kicking butt today!

Ha ha ha! Just for you we'll talk about dwarfs dwarfs! Like the ones from the Hobbit. Their armor that goes on their beards! That was awesome! 

I've always been excited when I hear about some astronimical phenomenon lie the 2 black holes that are going to collide in about a thousand years. Imagine what the possibilities that sort of event can provide!

• Like 1

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

On 10/14/2017 at 5:50 PM, Red1263 said:

I've always been excited when I hear about some astronimical phenomenon lie the 2 black holes that are going to collide in about a thousand years. Imagine what the possibilities that sort of event can provide!

Reasons why I wish I could live longer. How did the end of the challenge go for you? Any more astronomical dwarf adventures? Or did you get all stretched out and now they're elf adventures? :D 

Manarelle the Level 56 Amazon Assassin

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current

2 hours ago, Manarelle said:

Reasons why I wish I could live longer. How did the end of the challenge go for you? Any more astronomical dwarf adventures? Or did you get all stretched out and now they're elf adventures? :D 

I know, I have the same thought process. The end of the challenge was surprizingly well! I'll do an actual update tomorrow. Ha ha ha, So far there isn't any more Space dwarves! So I'm going to start thinking about my next challenge. Here's a sneak preview.

tumblr_mk7b7kSW901s0soqwo1_400.gif

• Like 1

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler