• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

farflight

Whats your breakfast?

Just curious what you other folks eat for breakfast on a regular basis. I've been doing smoothies for awhile, with the following ingredients:

1/2 avocado

scoop protein powder (whey)

Salt (cardiologist orders)

1 tsp chia seed

"Handful" Spinach

Almond milk

Water

Cinnamon (sometimes)

1/4-1/2 cup frozen berries

So what do you guys/gals eat? Whats the weirdest thing you put in smoothies, eggs, or toast?

Coffee and a liter of water.

Though after lifting I'll usually have some cottage cheese and some fruit.  Maybe some hardboiled eggs.

My breakfasts are pretty tame these days.

• Like 1

I vary it up each day. Usual breakfast consist of:

Multigrain Cereal/Oatmeal/Cream of Wheat w/ a cup of Almond Milk
Whole Wheat toast/bagels w/ PB/or Margarine
Black Tea

When I have more breakfast prep time it's:

Fruit and Nuts served on Waffles/Pancakes
Black Tea
Poached/Boiled Eggs.

It's either

tumblr_nmk5g0O3EQ1qzrax2o1_500.gif

2 scrambled eggs (in olive oil) + fruit + black tea, or

tumblr_nbundqutmz1ro9rq7o1_500.gif?w=450

1 smoothie (typically milk/water + protein powder + fruit/pre-workout)

Both of those are, if you're on Weight Watchers, between 1 and 5 points, depending on ingredients. 

20 oz coffee with 2 packets of Domino's white sugar, and 3 tbsp of 2% milk (or half n half)

12 oz mixed fruit (grapes, pineapple, cantaloupe, honeydew) OR 2 bananas

1 L water

• Thanks 1

Breakfast, always eggs. Usually a veggie omelette with butter. Sometimes I'll have bacon. Sometimes sweet potato.

As for the weirdest stuff I've put in a smoothie, boiled sweet potato and raw eggs. It's actually pretty delicious.

Since I travel - a LOT - and I know eating at the hotel buffets is WAAAAY too tempting - I now have a protein shake most mornings (at least 5 days per week).  I make up packets to take with me - 1/4 c. Instant Milk + 1 scoop Flavored Protein Drink.  Add that plus a bottle of water (16 - 20 oz - depending on what the hotel gives me) in a shaker bottle = breakfast!

If I'm home - I'll sometimes do the same mix, sometimes eggs and a slice of toast (I make my own bread) with a 1/2 Tbs of Preserves.  Both breakfasts end up being about the same # of calories actually....

• Like 1

Two eggs (usually jumbo) usually cooked in butter (hard to hit the fat macro target), whatever sort of veggie is lying around, and black coffee. I get fresh eggs from the farm daily so I'm a bit spoiled on that end. These yolks are natures gravy....just wipe up the plate with the veggies. Does it get boring? Hell no because veggies are delicious and is great nutrients to start the day. 

3 eggs

OR

a large protein bar

OR

200g Greek yoghurt with some cinnamon and vanilla

OR

200g oatmeal

Depends on the weather.  Usually I grab the bar, because eating in the morning is often a problem for me.

My breakfast is almost always the same.

2 eggs, splash of milk, salt, pepper, cayenne, red pepper flakes, scrambled, cooked in Kerrygold butter

1 slice of bacon

1 slice of toast + butter + red plum jam (the bread I use is "Pane al Lino", a flax & spelt bread from a local bakery)

black coffee

Eaten at 8am, I'm not even vaguely hungry til 1pm.

I used to eat oatmeal with fruit, almond milk, a tablespoon of almond butter and a hit of maple syrup, then I had to give up all grains for a bit, so it changed to a big bowl of homemade pumpkin applesauce cooked at the beginning of the week with ginger, cinnamon, and allspice, and portioned our each morning with the same things mixed into it as I had in oatmeal except no. Maple syrup (heated up too).

For some reason I just can’t stomach eggs, veggies, or cold foods early in the morning, so I just mix more veggies into the rest of my day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We normally have Turkish style breakfast - 

I'm just starting with all this and trying to lose weight so I'll have maybe 1 boiled egg, sliced tomatoes and cucumber, and nor cheese or hellim.

My OH is really in shape but wants to bulk up, he'll have protein powder shake with banana, peanuts, milk and cinammon; egg white and tarragon omelette, cucumber, tomatoes, olives, Nor or Hellim, and then usually wholewheat bread with pekmez and tahini

And vast quantities of coffee :):):) 

Lately it's been an omelette of sorts of 4 egg whites plus about two ounces of diced ham and about a quarter cup of some kind of shredded cheese.

• Like 1

3 egg whites with onion or mushroom and 4 strips of turkey bacon (or 2 links turkey sausage), while I'm cooking that I usually have a greek yogurt. I usually have that post workout and a few hours later I have a protein shake and some carbs/fats (toast and peanut butter is my favorite)

Eggs and bacon, or Oatmeal with maple syrup, nutmeg & hemp hearts, or soup, or Leftovers (especially fried up with a few eggs thrown in).

Plus tea & water.

• Like 1

3-8 eggs, 100g of prosciutto, fresh champignons sliced, 100g of cheese, salt, pepper, couple olives, origano, basil. 

or.. buchwheat flour + 2 eggs + milk, + salt to make couple pancakes then slice them in smaller squares, caramelize sugar and throw the squares into that. 

When I'm rushing, raw eggs will do. 

Varies by time and temperature

Most common 3 are:

1 serving oatmeal with 1 TB peanut butter

OR

2 eggs with bacon and veggies

OR

Homemade smoothie: Apple, spinach, 1/2 cup greek yogurt, protein powder, TB instant coffee and/or flavor extract

• Like 1

On Keto diet and can't eat chicken eggs. Lately I have been eating:

Cabbage and dinner sausage cut up in bits

Homemade cream of Mushroom soup made with heavy cream

Homemade cream of broccoli soup made with heavy cream

Ground turkey with a mushroom cream sauce over a little bit of cauliflower rice (I make batches then just reheat in the morning)

On 10/21/2017 at 9:14 PM, thetragicjoy said:

When doing CICO, overnight oats were my jam.  My favorite was with diced mango and coconut flakes.

On keto, cauliflower "grits" with egg and breakfast sausage / bacon :) 

That sounds great!

On 9/25/2017 at 9:12 PM, Vaereyes said:

20 oz coffee with 2 packets of Domino's white sugar, and 3 tbsp of 2% milk (or half n half)

12 oz mixed fruit (grapes, pineapple, cantaloupe, honeydew) OR 2 bananas

1 L water

Good