Long time Nerd, First time Nerd Fitness user

Once upon a time, I set the record for most bench presses by a girl at my High School. 

Then life happened. I listened to the masses and started cardio-ing myself to death. It worked, I lost weight! But paired with a Biggest Loser-esque (physician guided) low calorie diet, it was easy. Then life happened. Pregnancy happened. Food aversion and non stop nausea for 10 months happened. Cheeseburgers and chocolate milk shakes happened. Gaining back all I lost PLUS some happened. And then... tragically... cancer happened. Not to me. To the fiercest mentor a fledgling superhero could ask for. My mom. Type 2 diabetes that lead to Stage IV Pancreatic Cancer. 

I looked in the mirror and saw all those things that 'happened'. And I'm headed straight into the path of my nemesis: Diabetes. It's a trap! 

So, I'm making changes. It's never stuck before, but that's because I was listening to what the masses said should motivate me. Now, I'm listening to what I KNOW motivates me. Feeling Strong. I miss feeling strong. I miss lifting weights. So that's what I'm going to start doing. Today. 

• Like 1