• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rooks

Hammer Race - Oct 7th, 2017 - Zumbro Falls, MN

Weather right now seems to be cooperating nicely. Right now set to be a high of 64, low of 49. I'm probably going to rock just a t-shirt and shorts with my Vibrams. 

• Like 1

If my six pack comes in by Saturday, I'll be shirtless.

Carpooling is a great idea.  Rooks, do you live in Minneapolis?  I think TML and I got there an hour or an hour and a half before hand last year and that was plenty of time.

I'm okay with either running as a group or going solo.  I'm doing this for fun (and to dominate TML).

I do live in North Minneapolis. Just north of TML and his new fancy place downtown. I've got no problem just picking him up and depending on where you live I could pick you up as well.

I'm also indifferent on running as a group. It would be fun to race together, but I also don't want to hold people up if they want to run fast and push themselves. I just get the feeling it's going to be a slow day for me.

I am OK going as a group or solo but I can assure you I am most definitely the weak link.  I'd hate for everyone to have to wait for me.  

I'm sort of in between TML and Zumbrota.  I'd love a pick up.  My neighborhood doesn't have easy access to the freeway though; I can park and ride by an exit if you want. 

I'm starting in a wave behind you guys.  I was looking forward to catching and passing you guys, but it might be fun to run/walk/slog as a group.

ETA: That was intended as a little harmless trash talking.  I actually think it'd be fun to run as group.

• Like 2

I'm just spectating. My GF will be coming down with me to do some unofficial photography. I'll make sure she gets some good Nerd photos.

It looks like I'm the last one to the party.

I'd love a ride. I can get somewhere more convenient than Loring Park if that helps. 

I have no question that Sloth will own the day. Of those of us running, he's the only one with a really serious cardio program. Thus, I think he has to run with my 10K hammer as a handicap :)

• Like 1

I just figured I'd bump this thread so we can solidify plans. It looks like @EricMN and @LadyShello are traveling independently. I believe it's just @Sloth the Enduring, @Rooks, and me who are trying to iron out plans. If that's wrong, chime in.

Rooks is furthest north so he would be a natural choice to drive but could also relay down here. Sloth was good enough to drive me last time. I'm a lazy piece of crap and don't want to drive but will totally buy the carpool crew sandwiches, coffee or whatever for the drive down or ride back. I have a Caribou/Einstein nearby if you want bagels and coffee for the trip down. 

I'm just fine driving. Just PM me where you want me to pick you up (or text me since I think both of you guys have my cell, if not, I'll PM it to you).

Google Maps says 1:24 from my house so I'll probably leave my house just before 8 with aim to get there around 10. That work for you guys?

Blah... I'm still going with shorts and a Under Armour shirt. Figure at 64 still not cold enough to worry about coldness so if everything is going to be wet, the less the better. Wet clothes get heavy fast.

• Like 1

Going technical fabrics (which was the plan regardless). I'll stick with shorts and t-shirt because I warm up quickly. I will have at least one change of clothes for when I'm finished. The rain may make a solid case for gloves but I have none handy so I will suffer and regret. 

It's gonna be gross so take it slow and be safe. 

• Like 1

Considering the amount of rain down here you might want to consider a wetsuit. I think I'd prefer snow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Here are our pre and post race pics, and a few others I managed.

45ad08bb83f8c7b3e83a6b4337159612.jpg85ea82d37d5c624e48854b072ca58eae.jpg3ef50c50e73c1eb2a77f590a853eb158.jpgebe168884f018566f34ea6a21dfd2a29.jpg56994a7787629b0958d50fd6e37ccd1b.jpgc432df4515f68dec3c5e1ca1fb54c22b.jpge6c83cef195766520ae3851d45061ab9.jpg1ba2a30ddecfdc023693ffd404697297.jpg

ETA -are you all good with these being posted to Facebook? Our fans are looking for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8

Well done everyone! 

And Sloth, Y U so photogenic? You're covered in mud and it looks like you just walked in off a commercial for suaveness itself. 

• Like 4