Well hello there, my lovely rebels, long time no see!

It's been ages since I had any regular exercise regime or paid much attention to my diet, etc. Life has just become non-stop from 6am to midnight every day. Be that as it may, my body is not getting any younger, and a couple years of neglect have begun to take their toll.

WY02IVY.png

It's going to be a slow start, but I'm going to make it stick. Changes will involve a gradual shift towards vegetarianism, dusting off the kettlebells and jump rope, then finally I'll get back on the streets for some long-neglected running.

Can't wait.

keep-calm-and-snikt--2.jpg

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)

Well hello there, my lovely rebels, long time no see!

It's been ages since I had any regular exercise regime or paid much attention to my diet, etc. Life has just become non-stop from 6am to midnight every day. Be that as it may, my body is not getting any younger, and a couple years of neglect have begun to take their toll.

WY02IVY.png

It's going to be a slow start, but I'm going to make it stick. Changes will involve a gradual shift towards vegetarianism, dusting off the kettlebells and jump rope, then finally I'll get back on the streets for some long-neglected running.

Can't wait.
keep-calm-and-snikt--2.jpg

Day 1 and the morning kettlebell routine is already done. So far so good!

Sent from my HUAWEI RIO-L02 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)

Hey, welcome back! I know how it feels to be always running even if you are just sitting on your arse [emoji3]
What routine are you doing?

Sent from my HTC Desire 728G dual sim using Tapatalk

Thanks :) I'm doing a pretty basic routine with my 12kg kettlebell:

10x rows each arm
10x shoulder halos each direction
10x chest dips
10x goblet squats
10x leg halos each direction

That should loosen things up a bit. I'll aim to add sets and moves as I go along.

It feels good to be moving again!

• Like 1

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)

Can't say I know ya, but I'm glad you're back bud. I know how hectic life can get, but if you don't make time for the stuff that is important - then it will never get done. Sounds obvious but I know so many people who refuse to try and make time for exercise or personal growth because there 'aren't enough hours in the day'. Only thing I can say to that is think about what is most important to you, and how much time you actually spend on that/those thing/things. In other words if work has you too busy - ask yourself if you really need to work so much? If family has you too busy - ask yourself if there is a better way to handle it. If some combination of all of those things has you busy - then you are playing on expert mode and just have to 'git gud'.

Glad to hear you're back in the saddle. Keep fighting the good fight and if you ever want to just shoot the shack or need a little extra dose of motivation feel free to PM me!

I'm training to be (like) Batman physically, mentally, and financially.

Can't say I know ya, but I'm glad you're back bud. I know how hectic life can get, but if you don't make time for the stuff that is important - then it will never get done. Sounds obvious but I know so many people who refuse to try and make time for exercise or personal growth because there 'aren't enough hours in the day'. Only thing I can say to that is think about what is most important to you, and how much time you actually spend on that/those thing/things. In other words if work has you too busy - ask yourself if you really need to work so much? If family has you too busy - ask yourself if there is a better way to handle it. If some combination of all of those things has you busy - then you are playing on expert mode and just have to 'git gud'.

Glad to hear you're back in the saddle. Keep fighting the good fight and if you ever want to just shoot the shack or need a little extra dose of motivation feel free to PM me!
Thanks mate, I appreciate it :) For me I think it's a case of life creeping up until one day I realised I hadn't exercised in over a year. I used to be out there every day, running, lifting, etc. What you're saying is exactly right though...I'm now carving out some time for fitness again and it feels great to be back into it!

Day 2 and going strong :)

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)