Hello All!

A year and a half ago I took a journey to Thailand that kick started my health goals. I lost 20lbs in 3 months. Now a year and a half later, I've lost 60lbs altogether!

I've went from 197lbs down to 137lbs

I'm in the best shape of my life and I even was a featured speaker at an anime convention to teach other people how they can use anime to help them meet their fitness goals. I did it all through portion control and lots of exercise, no fads, tricks, pills, or gimmicks here! I even run a little facebook page for anime fitness memes ;) I'm also a freelance writer with a few fitness articles under my belt. 

Now I'm looking to go a step further and really increase my muscle mass, lifting power, and cardio-respiratory endurance. Like most people though, I want to find a way to balance it all with work and play. I'm hoping that by coming to this forum I can tap a new wealth of ideas and maybe help out a few people along the way on their quest for success!

I love anime, am a huge rpg fan, and I also nerd out about outdoorsy stuff and travel. I hope we can all push each other to new heights and break the bad health stereotype for nerds everywhere! Let's do this! Hello and welcome all! :welcoming:

• Like 1

Yay, another anime geek!  Don't get me wrong, I like scifi/fantasy too, but anime is more my mojo.  There's probably more, but I'm still exploring the site. 

Can I follow your meme page?  
Revisiting DB actually motivated me to kick-start my fitness, and now I'm all over Danberu Nan Kiro Moteru to keep it rolling :)

Mrs. Nomar, level 1 Dwarf. Assassin (with monkish tendencies)
STR 2|DEX 0|STA 1|CON 2|WIS 3|CHA 2

Of course! My meme page is https://www.facebook.com/AnimeFitnessGo/ 

Before I had my gym membership, I used to get up every morning before work, get on my exercise bike and watch anime. Whatever series I picked I wouldn't let myself watch it except if I was on the bike! Trying to harness the power of "just one more episode" haha 

I often picked a magical girl anime like Tokoyo Mew Mew because it was so uplifting in the morning and helped adjust my mindset for the day. Plus I could make it interactive! I liked to pretend that they needed my peddling energy to help power up their lengthy transformation sequences.It seems silly but it made it more fun! 

I tried doing something similar by cranking up the resistance during villain monologues in One Punch Man so it was like I was trudging through their hype the way Saitama seems to do with such perfect deadpan flair. 

If you're a fan of Danberu Nan Kiro Moteru, you'll find alot of the workouts shared on the meme page! Lately I've been into Hinomaru Zumou for my daily dose of manga inspiration. It's about sumo :)

• Like 1

I love your page! Thanks!

I was just reading about that kind of working out, I'll probably try to incorporate it into my workouts, because the hardest part is just to get it going.  It'll help me catch up with One Punch, but Hinomaru Zumou looks fun! I'll have to check it out!  I'm usually more of a shonen fan anyway.  I'm only now just getting caught up with Danberu Nan Kiro Moteru's characters' quirks.  I just picked it up for the educational value (I had initially tried to pull a Sakura and just cut my meals in half, until Souryuuin pointed out that doing so is a perfect way to gain weight.  After I started eating smaller portions ALL THE TIME, the weight-loss was way more successful).

And now the library I work at just got the DB Super manga!  So, I'm excited to pick up on Goku and Buu's next adventures [emoji4]

Mrs. Nomar, level 1 Dwarf. Assassin (with monkish tendencies)
STR 2|DEX 0|STA 1|CON 2|WIS 3|CHA 2