• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

wuzzuphupp

Semi-Daily Battle Log

Battle Log: Entry 1 

Current mantra: Screw motivation. Cultivate discipline. 

An apt mantra considering my motivation has left me. I have a tendency to make sweeping declarations that fail to stand up to the scrutiny of time. Which is where I currently find myself. One and half weeks in and attempting to keep myself on course in this game of life. 

Current Quests: 

Complete beginner body weight workout 3x a week for 4 weeks.

Cut out sugary drinks and eat more vegetables during the day. 

Follow through: 

So far I think I'm doing fairly well. I chose the body weight workout due to the near impossibility it is getting my butt to the gym between work and actually wanting to spend time with my almost 2 year old. I've been doing well so far 1 week down and 1 workout in this week. I intended to workout yesterday, but life got in the way. However, I'm still on track to finish this week out. I will work out tonight and Saturday. 

As far as food goes, I've been doing well on that front as well. I have been having at least one paleo meal a day, often more than one. I have had a few sugary drinks (3 to be precise), but that's still a marked improvement to the one (at least) I'd been having every day. 

Other thoughts: 

I think next week I'm going to mod the workout a bit. I like the feeling of being a bit sore the next day after a workout. Other than the first couple of days I haven't been sore really at all. The next couple of weeks will be a big struggle for me in cultivating discipline and leaving motivation in the dust. Perhaps I'll incorporate daily writing in this log as one of my quests as well. I don't want to get bogged down trying to do to many things at once, but I think it will help me stay on track. 

• Like 1

Current Quests: 

Follow through:

I was hit with a work plague (cold/flu crap) last night/ this morning so I didn't get yesterday's workout done. I did get a few squats in this afternoon once I started feeling better. Assuming all goes well I'll be working out tomorrow after work. I did get some veggies in with my late lunch/early dinner. 

Other thoughts: 

I need some breakfast foods that are healthier than the super carb-y stuff I usually eat. The obvious choice would be eggs, but I don't really like them and I don't want to make a ton of noise when I get up early to go to work. I'm going to have to get clever. 

Current Quests: 

Follow through:

I didn't want to workout today. But I did. Because motivation is dumb and discipline is what I'm shooting for. I also eat pretty well today too. Yay bonus points for me. 

Other thoughts: 

I'm tired. Time for bed. 

3 hours ago, wuzzuphupp said:

Follow through:

I didn't want to workout today. But I did. Because motivation is dumb and discipline is what I'm shooting for. I also eat pretty well today too. Yay bonus points for me. 

U got this. 

• Like 1

Current Quests: 

Follow through:

The eating good stuff has been going well. The working out, not so much.  I have been getting up and out and doing lots of things with my family (the zoo, walks, etc.) But not actually following the workout. Tomorrow I will follow the workout. And we'll take it from there.

Other thoughts: 

I'm thinking about switch up my mantra. Perhaps something about momentum. Any suggestions? 

i'm gonna say: stick with the discipline/habit thing for a while. You should try to complete a quest (for example, that 4 week bodyweight x3/week thing) before you can upgrade to a new shiny armor.... like in a game I guess!

Current Quests: 

Follow through:

The eating us still going pretty well. I try to make sure I eat at least one awesome meal a day. It's been 2 awesome meals more often than not. I started the week off right by exercising last night. Starting week 3 on a good note. 

Other thoughts:

I've decided to stick with godjira1's suggestion and keep my workout the same until I finish my quest. Then I'll switch it up.