• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

jmbrunson

Bacon Grease?

Leave in pan. Fry other meats, or eggs, or whatever else needs to be put in face. Delicious.

Pour cookenjuice over steamed green veggies, because that combo of pork-fat and greens is an old world classic.

Smear the grease under and over chicken skin before roasting the bird. I also throw some in the cavity.

I keep my bacon grease in a wide-mouth jar (for safe pouring) next to the stove. Am I the only one who actually likes the big greasy jar of deliciousness out on display? But I think it's also good to render some high quality (read: pastured) leaf lard for non-savory uses or when you don't want something to have a slight bacon note. I'm not sure when that would be.

BASTING THE ROAST IN BACON FAT (omg).

I had a moment, too.

I like to cook up a batch of bacon, drain off the grease, then use the grease (with other spices) to baste a whole chicken - which I roast. I move the chicken from the roasting pan to another pan and let it rest, then pour what's dripped off in the second pan over the chicken.

THEN I use the bones (and skin if I don't eat it) and vegetables to make broth. So it's like bacon/chicken broth.

This is how I know there's a god and he loves me. ;-)

LOL my grandmother would slap YOU for even asking that question! LOL

I LOVE to use it in cooking for flavoring and especially when I am cooking dark greens like collards or turnips or wild greens like curly dock or dandelions--it is divine!

I like to store it in the fridge in baby food jars. That way I don't ever have to worry about how old it is. I just don't like the idea of the grease on the bottom of the jar being in there for years! With small jars I can scoop out a spoonful until it is empty then the jar is ready for washing and its next batch of grease!

Does Anyone here eat Bacon everyday?

I eat bacon a lot, but not quote every day. I like t he baby food jar because I'm afraid of what lies at the bottom of my bacon grease jar.