Thoughts on boxercize?

Hey everyone,

So my gym runs a bunch of classes that I'm wanting to try. I've been recommended boxercize but I don't really know what it entails or what sort of fitness you need to be at if you want to get the most out of it. Have any of you tried it?

Also circuit training. That's another thing I want to try (I haven't done it since I was 15 haha). I heard something like you have to do it in pairs though which being the loner I am, would be tricky for me.

Yeah, so any information and opinions on these would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

• Like 1
On 10/15/2017 at 3:52 PM, RoboMadBrad said:

Also circuit training. That's another thing I want to try (I haven't done it since I was 15 haha). I heard something like you have to do it in pairs though which being the loner I am, would be tricky for me.

Is the class itself done in pairs? Because there is nothing about circuit training itself that requires two people. It's just a series of exercises done in rapid succession. Being a loner I do it by myself a lot.

Anyway my advice here is simple. If it excites you give it a go. Don't worry about not being in shape for it because that's the point of the class. Now I get that is easier said than done especially in a group setting but nonetheless the truth is nobody else there cares what you are doing. They care what they are doing. That's kind of the truth of the gym in general.

Boxercise is a great deal of fun, the worse shape you are in the more you'll get out of it. A lot of classes will offer scaled versions of the more difficult exercises for varying levels of fitness.

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

My opinion is it doesn't matter what form of exercise you do. if you find one (Boxing, Ballroom dancing, Cat juggling while balancing on a tightrope, etc) that you enjoy, you've won the game. Fitness is no longer a chore but a hobby. I say try em both!!

• Like 2

Hey. I've got a blog!! ----> The Dilnad Can!

This is how I did it. This is how you too can do it! ----> http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2015/09/28/learn-how-an-office-worker-lost-100-lbs-saved-his-own-life-and-became-a-superhero/

On 10/17/2017 at 2:10 PM, Dilnad said:

My opinion is it doesn't matter what form of exercise you do. 

Unless you can do cat juggling. In which case... do cat juggling.

• Like 1
My opinion is it doesn't matter what form of exercise you do. if you find one (Boxing, Ballroom dancing, Cat juggling while balancing on a tightrope, etc) that you enjoy, you've won the game. Fitness is no longer a chore but a hobby. I say try em both!!

this.

Boxercise is a group aerobics class. If you enjoy it, than do it.

There's nothing about circuit training that requires a partner. Unless it's a class set up where you work/ they rest and they work/ you rest.

Good luck and have fun at the gym.

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log