Laghail is a Sexy Shoeless God of War!!!

Laghail

On 10/19/2017 at 2:43 PM, Laghail said:

Streaking -

• Duolingo says I'm on a 17 day streak and I've started adding in podcasts again. Slowly I'm getting back my 2nd grade level german!

Ganz toll! Ich habe nie eine Straehne groesser als 7 Tagen gemacht. (pardon the lack of German-specific characters).

On 10/19/2017 at 2:43 PM, Laghail said:
  • MFP says its been 18 days of steady counting. This doesn't mean I kept my calorie budget every day, but I at least tracked.
  • Calm says I'm on a 4 day steak. Some meditation happens without the app, but you shouldn't believe me if I pretend non-guided mediation is consistent. For the record, my calm high score is a 6 day streak.
  • I don't have a streak tracking journal app, because I bounce between an app on my phone and a private livejournal (for extra emo points). My spreadsheet says I'm rounding the bend on a 7 day streak.

Killing it on all the other fronts too!

• Like 2

Ballroom dancer, data nerd, calisthenics dabbler

Image result for belkar cleaning

Murder - Made the squat PR this morning and followed it with 5x5 2 reps of 90% DL work. I was intending to only amend the program down to 3x2x90%, but after the squats, I could only eek out a single set of crisp doubles, then deloaded down to 80% to finish the other sets. This stuff is taking time. I'm barely am finishing main lifts plus the shambles of BBB in 60 mins. Granted, I have been increasing the time and intensity on recovery yoga afterwards (is intensity really an appropriate word to describe yoga?), but gosh. I might add sleep as an area of focus next month. Feels silly be to putting an increasingly greater percentage of my life into pushing my combined PL total upwards, and still be averaging 6.5 hours of sleep a night.

Related image

Streaking - Actual streak counting to be performed a different day, but the scale is still tipping down. All the creatine talk around here, I actually slacked with my creatine last week when I ran out, now I feel like I gotta give it another week to see if my recent loss trend was just going off the creatine or if I've found a sustainable cut number.

Image result for belkar cleaning

Loot the room - This actually happened yesterday. Not actual unpacking, but more cleaning off the detritus that accumulates around the stacks of boxes. Like pre-cleaning cleaning, it's totally a thing.

• Like 8
2 hours ago, Laghail said:

Made the squat PR this morning and followed it with 5x5 2 reps of 90% DL work. I was intending to only amend the program down to 3x2x90%, but after the squats, I could only eek out a single set of crisp doubles, then deloaded down to 80% to finish the other sets.

Did I miss which program you are running?

I'm interested in program that has a 1RM attempt followed by 5x5x90% (sounds like my kind of program!)

Level 12 Ranger - Instagram | MFP

Challenges

2016: First - Second - Third - Fourth - Fifth - Sixth - Seventh

2017: Eighth - Ninth - Tenth - Eleventh - Twelfth

Respawn 2017 - CH1

1 hour ago, Chimichanga said:

Only if you're doing it right.

giphy.gif

QBTGIL (quoted because that Gif is lyfe)

1 hour ago, ArgSki77 said:

Did I miss which program you are running?

I'm interested in program that has a 1RM attempt followed by 5x5x90% (sounds like my kind of program!)

531 with the BBB adjunct. Big But Boring is the 50% 5x5 or 5x10 you complete after the working sets. I started at 50% and I've been upping the percentage every cycle. 5x10 became 3x10 around 65%, which became 5x5 around 75%, which became 5x3 at 85%. I decided to see where it all would lead, and today's 90% is stupid. A single set of doubles does not volume training make. I should probs hangout at 85% until it's a clean 5x5.

• Like 6

For your BBB sets, do you do the same lift as your main daily lift? When I ran it, I remember just being taxed to the max doing that, and I wondered if life would get better doing alternate days (like DL Main, Squat BBB and Bench Main, OHP BBB, etc.). 

• Like 1

Daily Log ]

19 minutes ago, Rooks said:

For your BBB sets, do you do the same lift as your main daily lift? When I ran it, I remember just being taxed to the max doing that, and I wondered if life would get better doing alternate days (like DL Main, Squat BBB and Bench Main, OHP BBB, etc.). 

Yeah, @Loyster talked me into switching it up so it's squat main / DL BBB - Bench Main / Bench BBB - DL Main / Squat BBB - with a second Bench day. OHP is demoted to an accessory lift, for which I feel the requisite sense of inadequacy.

• Like 3
20 minutes ago, Laghail said:

Yeah, @Loyster talked me into switching it up so it's squat main / DL BBB - Bench Main / Bench BBB - DL Main / Squat BBB - with a second Bench day. OHP is demoted to an accessory lift, for which I feel the requisite sense of inadequacy.

OHP is a legs accessory if you do it right

image.jpeg

• Like 4

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

1 hour ago, Laghail said:

a - dear god why

b - in his defense, the drinking plus the uneven grassy surface, he might not be a total fuckwit

c - also, but y tho

b - in his defense? drunklifting on uneven grassy surface is mitigating for fuckwittity? I described this GIF to my hubs as "bad stupid weightlifting leading to injury w/adult beverages probably involved" and he replied "oh, Marines?" (for context, hubs is a retired GySgt and attributes all possible human stupid to Marines, as if they have a copyright.) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

“Writing is thinking. To write well is to think clearly. That's why it's so hard."

-David McCullough

2018 Walk to Mordor

2018 Read Harder Challenge                                                                                                                                        

2018 Level-Up Plans                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Battle Log

22 minutes ago, Gemma said:

(for context, hubs is a retired GySgt and attributes all possible human stupid to Marines, as if they have a copyright.) 

I think the human race (just in general) has stupidity pretty much nailed down

• Like 5

Neutral Gargoyle Warrior with a dash of Ranger/Monk/Adventurer. Now LEVEL 9!  My Instagram

STR 78, CON 31, DEX 1, INT 21, WIS 13.5, CHA 4

Meet lifts: SQ 175kg, B 112.5kg, Dead 215kg.   Gym lifts: SQ 185kg, B 132.5kg, Dead 220kg

Nerd Stuff: Sci Fi TV, Sci Fi + Fantasy Books, Classic Space Lego, Warhammer 40K...

17 hours ago, Laghail said:

a - dear god why

b - in his defense, the drinking plus the uneven grassy surface, he might not be a total fuckwit

c - also, but y tho

a - alcohol

b - ...

c - alcohol

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Related image

Murder - Bench day with extra long pauses (fuck you @SeanP) and I even got to try a friend's banded bench setup. Lockout is not my struggle point, so maybe I'll admire the training technique as a novelty for now. He did promise to let me play with his DL bands when he gets them, and that lift needs some lockout loving.

275 pause bench 3x2

255 pause bench 3x3

2 rounds of conditioning circuits.

Image result for belkar gif

Streaking - Playing with variable goals week to week on stuff like writing or meditation, where I bump my required words/minutes each week I get an unbroken streak. So far no great american novel or enlightenment. Will keep y'all updated if either occurs.

Image result for belkar gif

Loot the room - More pre-unpacking cleaning, I can actually see the floor around the boxes now. My reward for finishing this goal is Elsie will be allowed an extra room to maraud in with her puppy ways. Currently, she's strictly a leash dog, or a couch/bed dog. #4lbdogrealities

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, Laghail said:

Streaking - Playing with variable goals week to week on stuff like writing or meditation, where I bump my required words/minutes each week I get an unbroken streak. So far no great american novel or enlightenment. Will keep y'all updated if either occurs.

If you get from here to Great American Novel before I do I might go full-on chaotic-evil Sabine in my jealousy :) 

latest?cb=20170507192803

15 minutes ago, Laghail said:

Loot the room - More pre-unpacking cleaning, I can actually see the floor around the boxes now. My reward for finishing this goal is Elsie will be allowed an extra room to maraud in with her puppy ways. Currently, she's strictly a leash dog, or a couch/bed dog. #4lbdogrealities

Leash? No saddle?

59f0faafadb43_ScreenShot2017-10-25at4_55_22PM.png.ebc721fe897a043ca20f4cae8613e74d.png

• Haha 4

“Writing is thinking. To write well is to think clearly. That's why it's so hard."

-David McCullough

2018 Walk to Mordor

2018 Read Harder Challenge                                                                                                                                        

2018 Level-Up Plans                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Battle Log

1 hour ago, Laghail said:

I even got to try a friend's banded bench setup. Lockout is not my struggle point, so maybe I'll admire the training technique as a novelty for now.

They're not just for lockouts - overloading the top forces you to move faster and recruit more muscle fibres which benefits the whole lift. Also, the bands actively pull down which accentuates the eccentrics and can help with hypertrophy...

• Like 4

Neutral Gargoyle Warrior with a dash of Ranger/Monk/Adventurer. Now LEVEL 9!  My Instagram

STR 78, CON 31, DEX 1, INT 21, WIS 13.5, CHA 4

Meet lifts: SQ 175kg, B 112.5kg, Dead 215kg.   Gym lifts: SQ 185kg, B 132.5kg, Dead 220kg

Nerd Stuff: Sci Fi TV, Sci Fi + Fantasy Books, Classic Space Lego, Warhammer 40K...

16 hours ago, Laghail said:

He did promise to let me play with his DL bands when he gets them, and that lift needs some lockout loving.

Paused deadlifts? I haven't done them but it seems like an alternative way to punish yourself in place of flogging. 

16 hours ago, Laghail said:

Currently, she's strictly a leash dog, or a couch/bed dog. #4lbdogrealities

You could probably lose her in the house. 

tenor.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

On 10/23/2017 at 6:08 PM, ArgSki77 said:

Odd, I always treated it as a lower back accessory...

Am I the only one who half expected him to hit the girl in the face with the barbell on the way up and/or down?

• Haha 1

the year of living trippily

Final Boss, Part 2    Boss, Part 1  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)