Alanna

20 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

just now following along! sorry to be late to the part-ay 

15 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

Here for the party! 

tumblr_lr63gt0nwP1qdgefy.gif

17 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

nice job with zero week! great way to go into the challenge full force :D 

Thanks! Just need to keep up this momentum :)

6 hours ago, thist514 said:

Along for the ride!  I'm also planning on doing a social media accountability thing, especially with Instagram.  

Also, my mom is FODMAP sensitive so I totally get that world.  I hope you figure out what works for you and what doesn't.  I can't wait to see what you do :)

Welcome welcome welcome! The FODMAP side certainly has been interesting - now that I'm no longer drowning all my meals in a potent FODMAP (garlic), I'm noticing how I react to certain foods. 

To all my followers - sorry if I haven't made it to your challenge yet! Screen curfews and social media bans aren't the most conducive to staying on top of challenges...

Challenge update

Sunday, 22 Oct

Food diary: yes to diary, no to MFP

Fermentation: nope, didn't happen over the weekend because I was swamped by other cooking priorities

Post progress: 0/2

Screen curfew: on time

Cold turkey: yes? It's a little confusing on the weekends because sometimes I don't exactly work, but will set off scripts that take awhile to run (and then do other things in the meantime). I'm keeping the spirit of the goal, at least.

Monday, 23 Oct

Bit of a rough day because I had a fierce headache on and off for almost all of it

Food diary: yes diary, yes MFP. Got to log all the paracetamol I took. Also, I think I might be sensitive to too much coconut (e.g., in the form of coconut butter)...

Fermentation: no, crashed when I got in

Post progress: 0/2

Screen curfew: 6 minutes late because I lost track of time. Whoops. I am pleased that instead of saying, "well, I've already broken it today, might as well just do some more browsing," I got off my computer and got ready for bed.

Cold turkey: yes - easy because I went in to work 

• Like 4

-:- THE LIONESS -:-

Challenge 2.1, 2.2

Supple Lioness Mobility

A confounding factor for me has been discerning between a sensitivity born from leaning on one food too much and a true intolerance. Having an existing known set of food issues makes avoiding this pitfall trickier. Food. Y u so hard?

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

On 10/16/2017 at 11:08 AM, Alanna said:

I'm keeping it private for now, but if anyone would like to follow me on instagram, just ask here or PM me - I just ask that you keep my RL name off of here and my NF name off of instagram :).

Guess who found you by knowing your name*. Creepy, right?

Good luck with the challenge! :D 

*Or I think I did. The first two words in your description might need explanation.

Level "I have no clue" Warrior

Current challenge

Battle log

1 hour ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

*Or I think I did. The first two words in your description might need explanation.

Not only that, but she lifts way more than she let's on! WARRIOR! tenor.gif

• Like 4

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

On 10/24/2017 at 12:30 PM, Urgan said:

A confounding factor for me has been discerning between a sensitivity born from leaning on one food too much and a true intolerance. Having an existing known set of food issues makes avoiding this pitfall trickier. Food. Y u so hard?

Yeah, I did this with strawberries - I ate too many too often, and now they give me stomach aches...

And it certainly is tricky having a varied diet when you also need to avoid entire food groups. Although I sometimes find that adding restrictions helps in this regards because it breaks me out of a food rut. E.g. - I eat parsnips regularly now! And mackerel!

But yes. Food is HARD.

On 10/24/2017 at 6:52 PM, juliebarkley said:

Following for the ferments, when they come.

Welcome! I just set up my first batches on Thursday - one with carrot sticks and cinnamon, and the other with red cabbage, ginger, and carrot strips (will post a photo shortly). I'm worried about whether I got all the details right - did I add the right amount of salt? Are those little bits of cinnamon floating at the top going to get moldy? etc. etc.

On 10/27/2017 at 11:10 AM, AugustaAdaByron said:

Did you find me? I didn't get a follow request from you :P. And the first two words in my description are "computer science," which I don't think takes that much explaining since you already knew I studied computational neuroscience.

*searches for other people with the same name out of curiosity*

A compilation of the first two words of their descriptions:

"id tap" - you'd probably ask about the first THREE words

"Add/follow"

Hmm, most don't have descriptions, which makes this game much less fun.

*double checks notifications* Oh, hang on, you did find the right person with my name!

On 10/27/2017 at 12:55 PM, Taddea Zhaan said:

Not only that, but she lifts way more than she let's on! WARRIOR! tenor.gif

Aw, thanks - I feel like I'm just struggling to maintain at this point, so the encouragement is appreciated!

------------------------------------

Disappeared for a few days because this was a rough week (but I'm back!). Part of that might be because I've been eating at a deficit due to the food restrictions and my weight has dropped from ~85 kg to the low 83s kg ... great for getting back in my weight class, but not so great for the lifts. Ended up taking Thursday off to rest and finally start my ferments.

Tuesday - Thursday

Food diary: yes diary, no MFP. Unfortunately when I'm tired is when I want to track the least but need to track the most so I can track my symptoms

Fermentation: started on Thursday

Post progress: posted photo of ferments

Screen curfew: yes

Cold turkey: yes

Friday

Food diary: yes diary, yes MFP

Fermentation: just a waiting game at this point...

Post progression: still at 1/2

Screen curfew: yes

Cold turkey: yes

Saturday

Food diary: yes diary, MFP tba

Fermentation: they're bubbling. I'm not used to my vegetables bubbling.

Post progression: posted squats -> 2/2

Screen curfew: TBA

Cold turkey: not working so NA

• Like 2

Challenge 2.1, 2.2

Supple Lioness Mobility

The ferments!!!! Two fold day of rest being two fold! YAYY :D 

2 hours ago, Alanna said:

Did you find me? I didn't get a follow request from you :P. And the first two words in my description are "computer science,"

I think you just proved that I found you! :P 

which I don't think takes that much explaining since you already knew I studied computational neuroscience.

I did but for some weird reason in my head you're registered as biologist. Even though I remember the computational neuroscience part as well, I thought that the last time we discussed it you were also trying to decide in which direction you wanted to go, with one of them being computer science.

The rest of your reply confused me...

Current challenge

Battle log

3 hours ago, Alanna said:

Yeah, I did this with strawberries - I ate too many too often, and now they give me stomach aches...

And it certainly is tricky having a varied diet when you also need to avoid entire food groups. Although I sometimes find that adding restrictions helps in this regards because it breaks me out of a food rut. E.g. - I eat parsnips regularly now! And mackerel!

But yes. Food is HARD.

It's always the ones you least expect. Or most expect and eat anyway because you are a dummy, as is my case usually.

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 7:53 PM, AugustaAdaByron said:

I think you just proved that I found you! :P 

I did but for some weird reason in my head you're registered as biologist. Even though I remember the computational neuroscience part as well, I thought that the last time we discussed it you were also trying to decide in which direction you wanted to go, with one of them being computer science.

The rest of your reply confused me...

My undergrad was in molecular biology and genetics, so that might be why! And although my PhD will be in CS, I'm not really doing CS research... I'm just stealing all their cool tools for my own purposes :P.

Sorry, I was just being silly :P. I started wondering, "Huh, if she didn't find me, then whose description might she have seen, and what are the first two words of those descriptions?" Unfortunately most people who share my name don't even have descriptions on IG, which ruined that game.

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 6:27 PM, RedStone said:

The ferments!!!! Two fold day of rest being two fold! YAYY :D 

Wanted to finally start them since I had the time! Especially since they're going to take awhile XD.

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 8:32 PM, Urgan said:

It's always the ones you least expect. Or most expect and eat anyway because you are a dummy, as is my case usually.

*and eat anyway because so so tasty (FIFY)

Like me and cashew butter....

---------------------------------------------------------

Week One Recap

Food diary: 7/7, and 3/7 MFP

Fermentation: off and fermenting!

Post progression: 2/2 (fermentation counts as fitness, right?)

Screen curfew: 6/7

Cold turkey: 7/7, though I didn't work all the days which makes that easier

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Challenge 2.1, 2.2

Supple Lioness Mobility

On 10/29/2017 at 4:24 PM, Alanna said:

My undergrad was in molecular biology and genetics, so that might be why!

Thank you!

And although my PhD will be in CS, I'm not really doing CS research... I'm just stealing all their cool tools for my own purposes :P.

Hahahahaha! That should definitely work.

Sorry, I was just being silly :P. I started wondering, "Huh, if she didn't find me, then whose description might she have seen, and what are the first two words of those descriptions? Unfortunately most people who share my name don't even have descriptions on IG, which ruined that game.

Aww no fun. Weird descriptions of people sharing your name would have been waaaay better.

• Like 1

Current challenge

Battle log

2 minutes ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

Aww no fun. Weird descriptions of people sharing your name would have been waaaay better.

A few were in a non-English language, which I decided not to share since I had no idea if they were appropriate for the forums...

Grrr, I forgot the second set of quotation marks in my previous post!

xkcd-parenthesis.jpg

Apologies for any unresolved tension.

• Like 2

Challenge 2.1, 2.2

Supple Lioness Mobility

So, I disappeared, but have been keeping on top of my goals. Haven’t been tracking closely, but I’ve been keeping my food diary, have had one or two misses/week when it comes to my screen curfew and not using social media, and have been posting on Instagram. The only thing I haven’t been good about is tracking on mfp, so that’s something to prioritize next challenge.

The low FODMAP diet has really helped my energy and sleep, which has been a relief - still have some ups and downs but at least things are moving in the right direction. I met with my nutritionist last week and we decided to keep me on it for another two months while I try reintroducing other foods. So far goat cheese has been successfully added back to my diet!

My boyfriend also got me Marisa Inda’s strength training book for women, and I’ve been watching a lot of programming videos on YouTube - will use those ideas to make some tweaks to my next micro cycle.

Hope everyone’s challenges are going well! Back to deadlifts...

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Challenge 2.1, 2.2

Supple Lioness Mobility

3 hours ago, Alanna said:

Back to deadlifts...

When did you leave them??

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/14/2017 at 2:44 PM, Urgan said:

When did you leave them??

giphy.gif

Just right in front of me for five minutes while I recovered enough for my next set... don't worry!

HPOIdtK.gif

Not letting my deadlifts go anywhere...

On 11/15/2017 at 1:30 PM, Taddea Zhaan said:

you got yourself a keeper!

Indeed!

749801_1.jpg

------------------------------------------

Brief challenge recap:

I didn't track closely after the first couple of weeks, but overall I got my act together and the challenge was a success!

Food diary: did my diary every single day (A+). I dropped the ball on MFP tracking, but am resuming that TODAY.

Fermentation: fermented carrots and cabbage; the cabbage is still fermenting away, but the carrots have been good! I'm also trying water kefir now, although my grains have been slow to recover from their postal journey (doesn't help that my house isn't that warm, either) (A+)

Post progress: Think I might have missed one Instagram post, but I've been filming more overall and posting often! (A)

Screen curfew: got a little lazy towards the end (probably got an A/A- for the first weeks and a B/B- the last ones), so I need to make sure I stay strict here.

Cold turkey: ended up not using cold turkey much, but I stayed off social media for the most part while working (A-). Need to make sure my lunch breaks don't overrun, though!

• Like 4

Challenge 2.1, 2.2

Supple Lioness Mobility

nice work this challenge! glad things are moving in the right direction :D 

• Like 1

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current