Wobbegong Seeks a New Cave

Wobbegong

Tell me about your favorite thing to eat!   

22 members have voted

1. 1. Your favorite food is...

• spicy! The hotter the better.
    • sweet. Halloween candy, anyone?
    • bitter. Like my soul.
    • savory! As much flavor as possible!
    • cheese, obviously.
    • mild. Simple and easy suits me!
  2. 2. You eat it...

• every day if I can!
    • waaaaay too often.
    • less than I'd like, that's for sure!
    • once in a while, so it's always special.

Hi everyone! GL Wobbegong here. For those of you who don't know me (and maybe even a few who do) here's a quick bio. Please feel free to ask me anything you're curious about, whether it's about me or Nerd Fitness. My threads can move quickly, but feel free to skip everything if you just want to say hello. I'm friendly and I promise I don't bite! 

If you're feeling very shy and would rather talk to me privately, I'm always available to you by PM. If you want my attention elsewhere about the forums, you're welcome to tag me @Wobbegong. You can also get my attention @Sharkface if you want, although it will take slightly longer for me to respond. 

BIO:

Spoiler

I’m 25, I live in California, and usually my pronouns are she/her/hers.

My main fandom is “Compilation of Final Fantasy VII” with an emphasis on Crisis Core, but I like pop culture well enough, so I flit about several other things here and there. I do watch anime, but I tend to be pretty picky about which ones I’ll tolerate. Happy to talk about it anytime!

I’m also a huge marine fauna nerd, anything to do with ocean animals is 100% my jam. (What? The name “Wobbegong” gave it away? Well why do you think I chose it? :P) 

Let’s see... fitness-wise I’m into swimming, hiking, running, bodyweight exercises, and stretching. I’m SCUBA-certified but I don’t go diving nearly enough. Even with all of that, though, most of my challenges revolve around improving my life overall, and don’t focus so much on physical fitness.

Last challenge was a pretty fantastic success in some ways, but in others I treated myself really badly for the whole month, so it's time to learn from my history and improve. This time, that means exercise is seriously a must! But also that I shouldn't push too hard on that front, because having a lot of life-goal challenges seems to be pretty good for me. So without further ado:

Exercise: GMB Elements. This is a two-part daily goal: the first part is watching the next day's exercise videos the day before, and the second part is actually doing the routine. 

Nerd: Finish Crisis Core transcript. This is a big project that has taken a while but if I stay on it I should be able to finish by the end of the challenge period. 

Write: Write fiction every week. I'm still participating in a weekly fic exchange and that's good, but I'd also like to use this challenge to write out at least one full mini and hopefully two or three for future use. 

In addition to those goals, I have some daily/weekly habits I'd like to work on and some one-and-done tasks (listed in a different post below) I'd like to cross off my list this challenge. During zero week I'll be practicing my habits to see if it's a good idea to pursue them all at once and also coming up with a way to track them. 

Habits: 

Spoiler

Daily:

• Floss
  • Bodyweight
    • Push
    • Pull
    • Squat
  • Eat fiber (add ground flax to at least one meal)
  • Iron supplement

Weekly:

• Clean room
    • Laundry
    • Vacuum
    • Fish tank
  • Cook
  • Check in on other people's NF threads
  • Weight
  • Body measurements

THEME: I'm gonna make it my goal to post an ocean-themed gif with every challenge update. Because I love the ocean and there are so many great gifs out there and a challenge is always more fun with a theme. Everyone else is also welcome to post ocean gifs. Shark gifs in particular are always very welcome, but I have yet to meet ocean fauna I don't love. 

dernMK.gif

See ya later! 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

I'm putting my one-and-done list down here because editing the main topic all the time is cumbersome. 

One and Done:

• Register with TeachAway
  • Finish JET app
    • Revise JET essay
    • Collect doctor's notes
  • Fingerprints
  • TB test
  • Dermatologist
  • Dentist
  • Halloween party
    • Halloween costume!
  • Take donate items to donation center
  • Return aunt's bedsheets
  • RSVP for Thanksgiving
  • Jury Duty
  • Probably more to come

4a2e74356d69af91b463a238f840afcb.gif

• Like 7

The ocean is full of weird monster things and I’m not sure I like it. I’ll stick to posting harmless shark gifs when I’m not on my phone. 

• Like 5

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

What is it with you and your impossible to answer quizzes?  Everyone knows the best foods are a combination of senses!  My favorite is Spicy & Savory, but Spicy & Sweet, Sweet & Sour, and Sour & Spicy are all great choices as well.

But cheese...  Yum

So again, I spurn your quiz! (but I like that you ask favorite flavorings right after asking favorite animal, though.  I wan't to see where this goes) :D

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31Intermission [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

9 hours ago, fleaball said:

The ocean is full of weird monster things and I’m not sure I like it. I’ll stick to posting harmless shark gifs when I’m not on my phone. 

For example, that nautilus in my first post... somehow those things have survived for millions of years by scooting around backwards with their arms trailing behind them, bumping into stuff they can't see.... The ocean is weird. 

7 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

Obligatory "be careful with doing bodyweight stuff every day, and listen to your body." Don't hurt yourself, take a rest day or two when you need it.

Yes. Thank you. I forgot to mention that rest days count and do not break streaks as long as it is ONLY ONE rest day at a time. Also axolotl! <3 

4 hours ago, Hazard said:

Subbing.

Welcome! Glad to have you. 

8 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

What is it with you and your impossible to answer quizzes?  Everyone knows the best foods are a combination of senses!  My favorite is Spicy & Savory, but Spicy & Sweet, Sweet & Sour, and Sour & Spicy are all great choices as well.

But cheese...  Yum

So again, I spurn your quiz! (but I like that you ask favorite flavorings right after asking favorite animal, though.  I wan't to see where this goes) :D

I considered making it multi-select but again, as with last time, the point is your FAVORITE. If you had to pick just one. (Of course, as you've shown us, you don't have to pick anything.) I suppose I could add "a combination of flavors" as one option but that feels like cheating. :P 

• Like 6

Whew just followed a bunch of people. Last challenge I was only following like four challenge threads total, including the mini, which I think contributed to my lack of engagement. Right now I'm following something like seven, but it'll be around ten total once a couple more go up. Of course I'll try to look in on other people, but those ten represent the ones I really want to keep on top of. It'll mean more notifications but also more focused engagement, so it should be good. 

In challenge-related news, I'll be starting attempting my challenges during zero week, but mostly just to see how things go and make any tweaks I need before the challenge officially starts. I didn't watch the GMB videos last night and I didn't do Elements this morning, but I'm still considering doing it this afternoon. My plan is to watch the videos after lunch, so exercise might come this evening or might wait for tomorrow morning. 

I did do squat, push, and pull. Right now I'm weeeeeak after a long time of doing really almost nothing, so I'm starting from super basic basics. 

Push: I did ten wall push ups today T_T. My plan is to do sets of ten at my current progression until doing ten doesn't leave me winded/"feeling it" and then immediately move down to a lower progression. (So from the wall to my foot board, from there to the bed runner or a chair, from there to a box on the floor, from there to a book, and then to the floor.) I can do as many sets as I like during the day, but I must do at least one at the deepest progression possible. I was expecting wall pushups to be nothing today but they were a little more than I expected, I'm mortified to say. Hopefully tomorrow my body will be back in "oh we're moving" mode and I'll be able to move on, but we'll see. I can take it slow if I have to. 

Pull: I have never been able to do a pull up! Hahaha. I'm not ashamed of it, but I would like to fix it, because it's pretty dangerous not to be able to do at least one. (What if you're hanging off the edge of a cliff? That has happened to me, it's scary.) Today I started with a ten-second shoulder-packed deadhang. (Thanks again @zeroh13 for the video how-to a couple challenges ago.) I tried doing a second hang about an hour after the first but got interrupted by my boss pinging me :/ But I can't do too many in a day with this one, since my hands eventually get torn up even with a proper grip. 

Squat: I've been too complacent with my squats for too long. I can happily do atg bodyweight squats with good form all day, so I'm not starting from nothing here, but it's well past time to work on a progression. I'd really like to learn to do pistol squats, so I'll be doing ten warm-up atg bodyweight squats and then as many as possible one-legged squats (leg back shrimp-style, not forward in a pistol to start) using the GMB squat progression to get as deep as possible up to sets of ten unaided. But if anyone has any better suggestions, I'm open to them. 

I also flossed and ate my flax this morning. I don't really believe in flossing, but I usually do it for two weeks or so in advance of a dentist appointment to toughen up my gums just so they don't guilt me about something that's been proven not to matter. :rolleyes:  If I can remember my iron tonight I'll be on-track for all daily habits today! 

And since this is a challenge update, theme gif! Aren't sea bunnies cuuuuute? (It's a nudibranch.) 

bLfAqzC.gif

• Like 6
3 hours ago, Wobbegong said:

And since this is a challenge update, theme gif! Aren't sea bunnies cuuuuute? (It's a nudibranch.) 

bLfAqzC.gif

Ohhhhh~!  This is the most adorable thing I've seen all day! :D 

23 hours ago, Wobbegong said:

Nerd: Finish Crisis Core transcript. This is a big project that has taken a while but if I stay on it I should be able to finish by the end of the challenge period. 

Yessssss! :D 

shark-five_o_536253.jpg

But I can't do too many in a day with this one, since my hands eventually get torn up even with a proper grip. 

Have you tried using gymnast chalk or gymnast grips (grips may be overkill just for hanging, but they're great if you swing a lot)?  My hands just naturally sweat a lot, so these things helped soooo much back in my gymnast days.  

Squat: I've been too complacent with my squats for too long. I can happily do atg bodyweight squats with good form all day, so I'm not starting from nothing here, but it's well past time to work on a progression. I'd really like to learn to do pistol squats, so I'll be doing ten warm-up atg bodyweight squats and then as many as possible one-legged squats (leg back shrimp-style, not forward in a pistol to start) using the GMB squat progression to get as deep as possible up to sets of ten unaided. But if anyone has any better suggestions, I'm open to them. 

Yes!  Pistol squats!  Some day I will do those as well! :D  I've been following the progressions from Start Bodyweight.  I'm about to start on my shrimp squats too... Pretty sure there will be lots of falling on my face while I learn how to balance.  

24 minutes ago, Wobbegong said:

Facebook's "On This Day" tells me a friend posted this on my wall in 2012: http://pokemon-personalities.tumblr.com/tagged/pp

I shared it because I don't remember it at all. Neither does my friend. That will remain a mystery, but the list itself is pretty good!

Haha, I love when Facebook does things like that.  The Litten one was pretty accurate for me.  Which one were you?

• Like 3

"Your dreams don't care how you feel."

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Current Challenge!

13 minutes ago, Jlailin said:

Ohhhhh~!  This is the most adorable thing I've seen all day! :D 

They're great! They're tiny, too! Like an inch long!

Have you tried using gymnast chalk or gymnast grips (grips may be overkill just for hanging, but they're great if you swing a lot)?  My hands just naturally sweat a lot, so these things helped soooo much back in my gymnast days.  

I haven't... chalk would make too much of a mess, I think, but I'll look into grips. I also have very sweaty hands. 

Yes!  Pistol squats!  Some day I will do those as well! :D  I've been following the progressions from Start Bodyweight.  I'm about to start on my shrimp squats too... Pretty sure there will be lots of falling on my face while I learn how to balance.  

Hmm. Looking at this guide, I decided to try some Bulgarian Split Squats. Whew! Seems like that's just about perfect the perfect balance of challenge and feasibility for my current level, so I'll start there and move up to shrimps next. 

Haha, I love when Facebook does things like that.  The Litten one was pretty accurate for me.  Which one were you?

I checked Lapras first, because <3 Lapras, and I wasn't sure if it fully fit. (It sort of seemed to but it was also highly dependent on what other people think of me, which... they don't always tell me. So?? Maybe??) But then I checked Aggron and that was pretty dead-on. 

• Like 4

Did split squats and another set of wall pushups. The pushups were much easier so I went ahead and threw in a set on the footboard. They felt pretty good, but I'm still going to start on the wall again tomorrow just in case. 

For some reason watching the GMB videos is triggering my procrastination instinct hardcore. But I haven't given myself permission to do anything productive (writing or CC) until I've watched the videos, since I was supposed to do it hours ago. Deep breath and go!

• Like 6

I believe in you!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

1 hour ago, fleaball said:

I believe in you!

I got it done! The procrastination instinct is not wearing off. Can I go watch TV now? Or take a nap? Or eat dinner? Dinner would be good. 

In other news, since a certain announcement finally got made, I'll update my thread a bit to be more welcoming. 

In OTHER news, I took all my stuff to a donation center today and picked up another couple pieces of my costume for Halloween. We don't get any trick or treaters here, unfortunately, but I've been invited to a Halloween costume party and I love costuming so I'm super excited. I've been instructed to come as Arya Stark, which is w/e (I hate GoT but Arya's basically the best of the lot of them, from what I recall) but participating in a costume party is always really fun, so I'm just going to embrace it. All I need now are boots and a belt, and to fix up this shirt with some suede lace. Success! 

While I was out I also picked up a battery for my adorable dumb little pedometer, AKA my pokewalker. I suppose I should load a Pokemon into it to make it more fun. I'm morbidly curious to know how many steps I take lounging around the house all day (working from home). Guess we'll find out! 

• Like 6
4 hours ago, Wobbegong said:

I checked Lapras first, because <3 Lapras, and I wasn't sure if it fully fit. (It sort of seemed to but it was also highly dependent on what other people think of me, which... they don't always tell me. So?? Maybe??) But then I checked Aggron and that was pretty dead-on. 

Oh!  I'm a silly person and didn't realize that there was more than one page and that you could search for pokemon.  :P   In that case, eevee and vulpix both suit me pretty well too.  Haha.

4 hours ago, Wobbegong said:

Hmm. Looking at this guide, I decided to try some Bulgarian Split Squats. Whew! Seems like that's just about perfect the perfect balance of challenge and feasibility for my current level, so I'll start there and move up to shrimps next. 

Yay!  Glad it was helpful!  Those things are killer.  That progression has been taking me longer to move out of than  the other ones.  I think I'm like juuuuust about ready to throw some shrimps in during my next strength training session.

2 hours ago, Wobbegong said:

In other news, since a certain announcement finally got made, I'll update my thread a bit to be more welcoming. 

Congratulations!  You'll be a totally awesome guild leader!  I'm so happy for you!  :D

2 hours ago, Wobbegong said:

While I was out I also picked up a battery for my adorable dumb little pedometer, AKA my pokewalker. I suppose I should load a Pokemon into it to make it more fun. I'm morbidly curious to know how many steps I take lounging around the house all day (working from home). Guess we'll find out! 

POKEWALKER!  YES, LOAD A POKEMON!  DO IT.  :D  I remember those things!  I used to run around like crazy as a kid to raise my pokemon.  My parents both loved and hated that thing--great to tire me out, but the process of tiring me out involved lots of jumping, skipping, running, and just acting crazy in general. 

• Like 4

Congrats!
Also that Pokemon list is far too long XD
Good luck with those squats! I only have a therapy exercise for normal squats.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Like 4

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

5 hours ago, Jlailin said:

Oh!  I'm a silly person and didn't realize that there was more than one page and that you could search for pokemon.  :P   In that case, eevee and vulpix both suit me pretty well too.  Haha.

On my phone it was just endless scrolling with no way to search...

• Like 3

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!

10 hours ago, Wobbegong said:

This is what I used as a progression between regular bodyweight squats and shrimps. Close leg squats (feet together) is another thing I found that was helpful as they helped my muscles get the sense of the general position they would be in for single leg squats.

• Like 4
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31Intermission [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

9 hours ago, Siferiax said:

Congrats!

Thank you! ^__^

4 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

Congrats on the Guild leader announcement. I completely missed that until you put a tag on your thread. You really deserve it.

I am following you now.

manta.gif

Thank you! I'm excited and nervous and very grateful Zeroh's doing it too. And thank you for the beautiful ray! (Is it... a mobula ray? Those things are so funny when they breach and belly flop.) 

Also that Pokemon list is far too long XD

6 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

On my phone it was just endless scrolling with no way to search...

I haven't checked it on phone. On a computer browser there's a little tiny search box at the bottom of the sidebar, but it's difficult to notice even there. I definitely tried searching through pages and pages at first, and it's totally not worth it. 

Good luck with those squats! I only have a therapy exercise for normal squats.

Thanks! You'll get there. It just comes down to persistence, really. 

5 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

This is what I used as a progression between regular bodyweight squats and shrimps. Close leg squats (feet together) is another thing I found that was helpful as they helped my muscles get the sense of the general position they would be in for single leg squats.

Hmm, that's a good idea about close leg squats. I'll take that into consideration if I get stuck. Thank you! 

• Like 3

I had a tough time falling asleep last night. I wasn't anxious, just really, really energetic. I have no idea if this is a result of pointedly exercising for the first time a while or if it's completely unrelated, but I hope it stops soon. When I woke up, I was exhausted, and ended up sleeping in. That's something I don't usually do, so especially if it was caused by my high energy last night... NO. 

Challenge update, spoilers for length: 

This morning I did Week 1 Day 1 of GMB's Elements program.

Spoiler

It kicked my butt, as expected. I had also forgotten how lengthy and obnoxious the first couple of weeks are with all of their benchmarking and learning curve. I'll have to push through it, theoretically it gets more fun after week two. Ah, for @fleaball and anyone else who hasn't touched their GMB subscriptions in a while, the videos and instructions have all been updated. The videos at least are much sleeker... the written instructions still leave something to be desired. 

After Elements was my daily bodyweight habit ("daily" not counting rest days, which I'll sync with GMB).

Spoiler

Still at pushups on the bed footboard, but I'll keep at them today and see if I can't "push" through. Split squats were WAY easier today, probably because of all of the GMB warming up and stretching exercises. I'll try to get another couple sets in today and see how that goes. Yesterday after I did them my legs were a little wobbly all day, but today I just feel warm and very, very content. Must be endorphins. Dead hangs, on the other hand, were terrible. I only stayed up there four seconds! :o I'm again blaming GMB for tiring out my shoulders, and I'll get on the bar again throughout the day and see if I can't get up to yesterday's ten-second count at least. 

Next up, breakfast! 

Spoiler

I got a very late start today, so it's breakfast at 10:30 for me. Whoops. I wasn't too hungry upon waking, despite feeling ravenous after dinner yesterday (I decided to drink some water and go to sleep), and even after my morning workout I'm still not that hungry. But I didn't get anywhere near my usual veggie load yesterday and I'm feeling the lack of fiber, so today I loaded up with a double portion of flax mixed into some granola. 

So that's been my day so far, how's everyone else doing? 

If anyone can find me a gif of a sturgeon, I'd appreciate it. Sturgeon are some of my favorite ocean fish. I checked google for sturgeon gifs and it gave me this instead: 

tumblr_ord0vonFOX1u6jot8o1_500.gif

So I'll have to give you this lovely ratfish gif instead. Ratfish are very common in the area where I got dive certified, Puget Sound. However, until recently no one even knew they were down there! These fish don't appear significantly different from old fossil records of their ancestors, earning them the scientifically vague title of "living fossil." They're pretty graceful though, huh? They have bony plates covering their faces, too... perfect for Halloween. 

tumblr_nefwrnCACV1rgj5svo3_r1_1280.gif

• Like 5

I’m pretty sure fandom has dubbed sam’s expression “sturgeon face,” hence the gif. Tis a special fandom. 

Thanks for the the heads up. I keep meaning to check out the videos just to see what’s different, but I always forget. 

• Like 4

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

8 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Ohh, I must try these too!  ...I wish I had an office so that I could try them out right now.  I don't think my cube-mates would appreciate if I jumped up and started doing squat progressions in the middle of the aisle.  Oh well, they shall wait till I get home this evening.  xD

48 minutes ago, Wobbegong said:

I had a tough time falling asleep last night. I wasn't anxious, just really, really energetic. I have no idea if this is a result of pointedly exercising for the first time a while or if it's completely unrelated, but I hope it stops soon. When I woke up, I was exhausted, and ended up sleeping in. That's something I don't usually do, so especially if it was caused by my high energy last night... NO. 

This did happen to me when I first started exercising too.  I mused in my first challenge thread about starting meditation or something for it.  ...Of course, I didn't end up doing that.  I think my body just eventually got used to dealing with my extra energy level generated from exercising at night.  If you have the time to exercise in the morning, it's an easier and faster fix than waiting for your body to adjust.  I hope you get good rest soon! :) 

54 minutes ago, Wobbegong said:

If anyone can find me a gif of a sturgeon, I'd appreciate it. Sturgeon are some of my favorite ocean fish.

P3qPmwe.gif

...I think this is a sturgeon.  At least google says it's a sturgeon.  Anyways, it's cute and doing an adorable water spewing thing. :P 

57 minutes ago, Wobbegong said:

So that's been my day so far, how's everyone else doing? 

You've been so productive today! :D  My day hasn't been that exciting yet--just sitting at my work desk doing the work thing.  I did go walking to savor some of the last few sunny, relatively warm days before winter hits.  ...I've also discovered that the ios 11 update has made my bluetooth connection wonky, so the sound quality in my wireless earphones, my car, and my sound system at home are all terrible.  I think I might spend the afternoon tinkering around with resetting things in hopes that it will resolve it.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Jlailin said:

Ohh, I must try these too!  ...I wish I had an office so that I could try them out right now.  I don't think my cube-mates would appreciate if I jumped up and started doing squat progressions in the middle of the aisle.  Oh well, they shall wait till I get home this evening.  xD

I had a coworker who would schedule himself into a meeting room in the middle of the day and then just work out. It was great. We didn't have very many meeting rooms hahaha. 

This did happen to me when I first started exercising too.  I mused in my first challenge thread about starting meditation or something for it.  ...Of course, I didn't end up doing that.  I think my body just eventually got used to dealing with my extra energy level generated from exercising at night.  If you have the time to exercise in the morning, it's an easier and faster fix than waiting for your body to adjust.  I hope you get good rest soon! :) 

But I do exercise in the morning. We'll see if today is better, but yesterday I exercised very little and all first thing. Today will be more throughout the day. Hmm. I guess we'll see. 

P3qPmwe.gif

...I think this is a sturgeon.  At least google says it's a sturgeon.  Anyways, it's cute and doing an adorable water spewing thing. :P 

Looks like a pufferfish! What a cutie! Pufferfish are great, they're very outgoing. If you get some freshwater pufferfish, if you move your finger around in front of the tank they'll follow it. Adorbs! 

Sturgeon are much bigger. Like ratfish, they're a "living fossil," hunted mostly for their eggs (you know it as caviar). They have what look like bony plates on their sides, but it turns out it's actually the tips of their spine sticking out! These White Sturgeon are the ones I'm most familiar with around here, but there are other types too that have funny noses. 

white-sturgeon.jpg?bc=white&h=677&mh=738&mw=1312&w=1200&usecustomfunctions=1&cropx=0&cropy=106

You've been so productive today! :D  My day hasn't been that exciting yet--just sitting at my work desk doing the work thing.  I did go walking to savor some of the last few sunny, relatively warm days before winter hits.  ...I've also discovered that the ios 11 update has made my bluetooth connection wonky, so the sound quality in my wireless earphones, my car, and my sound system at home are all terrible.  I think I might spend the afternoon tinkering around with resetting things in hopes that it will resolve it.

Nooooooo. Thanks for the heads up, I'll make sure not to install that update on my phone if it can be avoided. My phone is finicky enough about bluetooth already. It's nice to hear you got a walk in, though! I have my pokewalker on... I turned it on and found a wurmple in there. Just call me "Bugcatcher Wobbegong" haha!

• Like 3
  • Wobbegong featured and unfeatured this topic